Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Puel seems to be changing his rhetoric now saying Top 10 finish rather than Europe, I don’t think the Thais will be too pleased.

I thought nobody stayed awake long enough to listen to what he says?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Ask Southampton Fans I'd say.

Then I'd point out he inherited most of what he's played with this season

So he deserves at least one decent transfer window

Whats the point in asking Southampton fans, what does their opinion matter?

What does Leeds fans opinions of Clough matter, what do Derby fans opinions of Pearson matter?

10 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Ask Southampton Fans I'd say.

Then I'd point out he inherited most of what he's played with this season

So he deserves at least one decent transfer window

The opinion of other fans does not really matter at all it’s what our opinion is you cannot live off the past records Leeds and Forest have done that for years and they still think they are European Champions 40 years later it’s about now and your opinion

i don’t see the need to give him the summer we persevered with Peter Taylor and gave him the summer and we all know what happened that season 

You use the tools you are given to their strengths you don’t just cast aside your assets because you want to do something different. If he wants to try playing another way fine but wait until you have the tools to do that 

To the owners this team has cost them a lot of money (we can argue £100m plus poorly spent another day) and for the manager to suddenly talk about top 10 rather than top 6 is worrying expecially when his poor selections cost us against Man City in the LC. Other bizarre actions since christmas, constantly Playing a left winger at right back when you have Dragovic Amarty and Benalouane in your squad;ok you may not like them but to the business they are assets and available to play 

We have no height up front at set pieces (other than the centre half) or to challenge in the box so he farms out Ulloa and Slimani (Personally I am not a Slimani fan)

Saturday we were struggling for Midfield players in our cup final, why was Andy King not recalled from Swansea?

Some of his actions have baffled me and many other people too however the beauty of football is we all have differing opinions and I respect everyone’s, you think he deserves the summer and I don’t. Many others will and many others won’t; however the view that matters is the man with the cheque book and I do fear the the massive reduction in prime time live TV games (possibly because we are so boring) reduces the King Power exposure globally and that could be more of a concern to the business side of the club 

On 14/04/2018 at 23:09, Matt said:

Can't say i've heard it personally.

Probably becasue every time it gets going half decent you just get the hallmark sound of our stadium: 

*PISH* *PISH* *PISH* *PISH* *PISH* *PISH* *PISH* *PISH* *PISH* as the clappers drown out any hint of actual voices :)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I'm still in the IN camp but I am pissed off about him sticking with underperforming players. 

Sacking managers every season will just eventually get us relegated. If we sacked Pearson in 2012 when we bottled the second half of the season and came 6th, we would still be in the Championship.

Personally dont give a **** if he is boring. We are not being forced to listen to him. Press conferences apart from the title season have always been boring, other than when Nigel lost the plot of course.

It depends who you replace him with. Going from Pearson to Sousa was madness, but if we found someone that shared a similar philosophy to Puel (and there are plenty out there) I don't think it's a major issue.

Sacking him now MAY save us another mid-season sacking, which puts us back even further, so it is a tricky one for the board.

Lots of relevant points and comments on here, as always, but for what its worth I don't think we can afford to keep Puel, his management would give the evidence as to why.

He started well, and lets not forget how good we looked in parts, Everton at home we were dynamic, aggressive and played some great football away, we dominated Chelsea away and played Saints off the pitch to beat them 4-1 and we all thought he was great...but since the Everton away game we have gotten worse by the game...with the same players, so the change must be in the coaching, style of play and game management etc.

A good manager gets the best out of his players, and doesn't try to get players doing things they aren't naturally good at...Simpson is the classic example, a steady reliable full back who rarely gets forward, he is now being asked to do something he isn't naturally good at and has regressed badly in the things he was good at as he is being coached in the "new" style of play, rather than concentrating on the things he is good at. There are other examples of the same thing.

The back four clearly aren't being coached effectively...a good manager would have worked out by now that we cant defend set pieces because the keeper creates panic...9/10 times he is rooted to his line, the odd time he comes and causes confusion...the goal at Burnley was another example of what weve seen so may times already this season and a good manager identifies mistakes and remedies them. We also have no threat on the counter anymore, an example being when were defending corners or set pieces...we have Vardy and Mahrez, two of the biggest threats in the league, back in the box marking players, if we kept them forward the opposition have to sit deeper and we have a threat...at present if we don't concede from a corner it is generally a sliced kick from Schemeichel into touch conceding possession, which we do all the time...again poor coaching.

Another example would be the tempo we play at....Burnley came out of the blocks quick and hard on Saturday and we couldn't cope...we used to do the same and were often in front or well on top of games in the first 5 mins...getting going after 20 mins when your two down is not good enough...poor coaching and management pre-match as there not fired up.

Rarely have we seen a change in tactics during a game, and often our biggest threat, Vardy, is isolated...poor coaching to have your biggest threat so isolated, and just imagine how many goals he could have scored if his service had been better..

A good coach/manager also recognises when players are in/out of form, but he keeps picking players badly out of form, some through a lack of alternative, Schmeichel, others because of a stubbornness/loyalty which is baffling...we had 4/5 clean sheets in a row with Dragovic/Maguire but Morgan walked straight back in and weve not been the same since at the back. equally Fuchs is a far superior left back to Chilwell, who hasn't learned from numerous mistakes he has made...he ball watches constantly and constantly gets caught out of position...he isn't being coached well as he isn't improving.

I could go on...but as I said earlier a good manager/coach gets the best out of what he has got, and he has got less and less out of them as time has gone on.

We are largely boring to watch now, and have become a soft touch at the back...IMO weve gone from being one of the toughest teams to play against to one of the weakest, and I simply wouldn't trust Puel with the transfer kitty/window that is coming up, and don't agree with the fact that he had no influence in January. He let plenty go, but only brought Diabete in, who at best looks an impact sub...so all in all, regrettably and frustratingly I think he has to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicester69 said:

Lots of relevant points and comments on here, as always, but for what its worth I don't think we can afford to keep Puel, his management would give the evidence as to why.

He started well, and lets not forget how good we looked in parts, Everton at home we were dynamic, aggressive and played some great football away, we dominated Chelsea away and played Saints off the pitch to beat them 4-1 and we all thought he was great...but since the Everton away game we have gotten worse by the game...with the same players, so the change must be in the coaching, style of play and game management etc.

A good manager gets the best out of his players, and doesn't try to get players doing things they aren't naturally good at...Simpson is the classic example, a steady reliable full back who rarely gets forward, he is now being asked to do something he isn't naturally good at and has regressed badly in the things he was good at as he is being coached in the "new" style of play, rather than concentrating on the things he is good at. There are other examples of the same thing.

The back four clearly aren't being coached effectively...a good manager would have worked out by now that we cant defend set pieces because the keeper creates panic...9/10 times he is rooted to his line, the odd time he comes and causes confusion...the goal at Burnley was another example of what weve seen so may times already this season and a good manager identifies mistakes and remedies them. We also have no threat on the counter anymore, an example being when were defending corners or set pieces...we have Vardy and Mahrez, two of the biggest threats in the league, back in the box marking players, if we kept them forward the opposition have to sit deeper and we have a threat...at present if we don't concede from a corner it is generally a sliced kick from Schemeichel into touch conceding possession, which we do all the time...again poor coaching.

Another example would be the tempo we play at....Burnley came out of the blocks quick and hard on Saturday and we couldn't cope...we used to do the same and were often in front or well on top of games in the first 5 mins...getting going after 20 mins when your two down is not good enough...poor coaching and management pre-match as there not fired up.

Rarely have we seen a change in tactics during a game, and often our biggest threat, Vardy, is isolated...poor coaching to have your biggest threat so isolated, and just imagine how many goals he could have scored if his service had been better..

A good coach/manager also recognises when players are in/out of form, but he keeps picking players badly out of form, some through a lack of alternative, Schmeichel, others because of a stubbornness/loyalty which is baffling...we had 4/5 clean sheets in a row with Dragovic/Maguire but Morgan walked straight back in and weve not been the same since at the back. equally Fuchs is a far superior left back to Chilwell, who hasn't learned from numerous mistakes he has made...he ball watches constantly and constantly gets caught out of position...he isn't being coached well as he isn't improving.

I could go on...but as I said earlier a good manager/coach gets the best out of what he has got, and he has got less and less out of them as time has gone on.

We are largely boring to watch now, and have become a soft touch at the back...IMO weve gone from being one of the toughest teams to play against to one of the weakest, and I simply wouldn't trust Puel with the transfer kitty/window that is coming up, and don't agree with the fact that he had no influence in January. He let plenty go, but only brought Diabete in, who at best looks an impact sub...so all in all, regrettably and frustratingly I think he has to go.

I agree with you 100% on all points and I’ve been saying that about Kasper for ages now I thought only I witnessed the standing on the line star jumps and I’ve questioned the coaching you must play to your strengths and we just don’t 

4 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

The opinion of other fans does not really matter at all it’s what our opinion is you cannot live off the past records Leeds and Forest have done that for years and they still think they are European Champions 40 years later it’s about now and your opinion

i don’t see the need to give him the summer we persevered with Peter Taylor and gave him the summer and we all know what happened that season 

You use the tools you are given to their strengths you don’t just cast aside your assets because you want to do something different. If he wants to try playing another way fine but wait until you have the tools to do that 

To the owners this team has cost them a lot of money (we can argue £100m plus poorly spent another day) and for the manager to suddenly talk about top 10 rather than top 6 is worrying expecially when his poor selections cost us against Man City in the LC. Other bizarre actions since christmas, constantly Playing a left winger at right back when you have Dragovic Amarty and Benalouane in your squad;ok you may not like them but to the business they are assets and available to play 

We have no height up front at set pieces (other than the centre half) or to challenge in the box so he farms out Ulloa and Slimani (Personally I am not a Slimani fan)

Saturday we were struggling for Midfield players in our cup final, why was Andy King not recalled from Swansea?

Some of his actions have baffled me and many other people too however the beauty of football is we all have differing opinions and I respect everyone’s, you think he deserves the summer and I don’t. Many others will and many others won’t; however the view that matters is the man with the cheque book and I do fear the the massive reduction in prime time live TV games (possibly because we are so boring) reduces the King Power exposure globally and that could be more of a concern to the business side of the club 

I'm pretty torn on whether Puel should stay or not. I'm not at all impressed with recent results or performances. I think the football is awful to watch for the most part. However, I think we have an opportunity to give a manager time to alter our style, and should probably make the most of it.

I'm not a big fan of Puel so far, but I have to disagree with a few points you made.

Albrighton can play either side of midfield, he's right-footed and he does have defensive attributes. I think he's suited to right back at least as much as Drago and Benny, who are both centre-halves primarily. Amartey's injured, and was first choice when he was last fit, IIRC. Benny's okay on his day, but they are way too few and far between, and he's also a total bombscare. It's no surprise to me that he's nowhere near the first team. I've no idea whether Drago can even play right back. Simpson's done well for us, but he's getting old now, and absolutely doesn't fit into what Puel's trying to do. Albrighton could easily be the best candidate we currently have available for the RB spot. I don't think it's at all bizarre that he sometimes plays there. Out of interest, who would you play at RB after Simpson?

You're right - we do have no height up front, but are you really suggesting we shoehorn Ulloa or Slimani into the first XI just to remedy that? I'd think it was bizarre if either of them were getting in the team.

I don't know if we even can recall King. Do you? Even if we could, would he have played any better than Choudhury did on Saturday? I doubt it, myself.

I think some of Puel's decisions are puzzling, but the ones you mentioned I find perfectly understandable. I don't really think it's fair to criticise him for these.

6 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

Other bizarre actions since christmas, constantly Playing a left winger at right back when you have Dragovic Amarty and Benalouane in your squad;ok you may not like them but to the business they are assets and available to play.

I actually think this has been an interesting experiment, even if it's not succeeded. Simpson isn't good going forwards so even when he provides an overlapping run he doesn't offer an outlet to cross the ball or go at the opposition defence. Albrighton can do both, is hard working and fairly solid defensively. When it comes to chasing the game, I think he's sometimes been quite good in this position.

If you compare Simpson to Chilwell, Simpson is by far the better defender, but Chilwell by far the better going forward. I don't think it's a surprise we've been linked with that Porto right back in the summer. Guardiola's biggest bit if business this year was signing 3 full backs in Mendy, Danillo and Walker. Mendy was out all season, but Walker has been great and Delph and Zinchenko proved to be good on the other side too.

In general though since that 3 game streak at home where we drew 1-1, we've appeared to have stalled and then regressed as a team. I think we look worse now than when Puel first took over, which is why alarms are starting to go off. The frustrating thing is that when he first took over, it was a breath of fresh air and we put in some fantastic displays.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I actually think this has been an interesting experiment, even if it's not succeeded. Simpson isn't good going forwards so even when he provides an overlapping run he doesn't offer an outlet to cross the ball or go at the opposition defence. Albrighton can do both, is hard working and fairly solid defensively. When it comes to chasing the game, I think he's sometimes been quite good in this position.

If you compare Simpson to Chilwell, Simpson is by far the better defender, but Chilwell by far the better going forward. I don't think it's a surprise we've been linked with that Porto right back in the summer. Guardiola's biggest bit if business this year was signing 3 full backs in Mendy, Danillo and Walker. Mendy was out all season, but Walker has been great and Delph and Zinchenko proved to be good on the other side too.

In general though since that 3 game streak at home where we drew 1-1, we've appeared to have stalled and then regressed as a team. I think we look worse now than when Puel first took over, which is why alarms are starting to go off. The frustrating thing is that when he first took over, it was a breath of fresh air and we put in some fantastic displays.

We still look better than when we were under Shakey. By a country mile.

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Got to back ZeGuy on this, far better than under Shakespeare who was slavishly trying to recreate the old style without the players even when the opposition was sitting back! 

So watching a team that makes you about fall sleep is better? 

1 minute ago, tiredclimb said:

The Baggies game just before he got sacked was in my opinion the worst we have played all season. 

That’s one game though! In a whole the last 16 games have been awful to watch! 

And the palace home game was far worse I reckon! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

We don’t though? 

Nope or you forgot how bad it actually was.

I won't blame you since it was a PTSD inducing shower of shit.

Edited by ZeGuy

10 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

So watching a team that makes you about fall sleep is better? 

Doesn't make me fall asleep. At times it is dull in periods granted but there are parts of most games where you can at least see attempts at things that don't quite come off. Not the best at times I admit but I don't feel the anger like I did when the ball merely got hoofed over the top to no one in contrast to the long passes when we had Kante and Drinkwater. There was a big difference. 

I also think there's an element of experimentation to see who can adapt and who can't. A change of personnel and a good pretty season should help. 

It's a tough one but our current form will see us struggling next season and with many of our best players looking to leave can he attract the quality we need.

The appointment of a top manager in June will make any players looking to leave think again and make us attractive to players we're looking to sign.

Rafa Benitez for me.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 22:49, DennisNedry said:

Can I just say as well that he is the least charismatic man I've ever seen manage us. He's so dull and boring, his interviews are a chore to listen to. 

Funny how our style of play reflects his personality actually.

Levein beats him hands down for me. Doubled with the fact Levein was a shite player whilst CP seems to have been pretty decent and has actually achieved things in his managerial career.

I also personally prefer a manager who gives the press nothing to beat him over the head with, that's just smart.