Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Wat. You would not let Slimani wear the shirt again, but Ulloa is fine.. Which one threw the strop and said they never want to play for us again on Sky Sports lol 

Yes true but he was lied too and received an apology in the end. He was told he could leave and we got a bid of £7m and we turned it down. He said he would not play for Claudio again because he lied to him. Ulloa always gave 100% we seen that every week however Slimani just runs around and yells at everyone when HE made the mistake even when he missed the countless one on ones 

the bloke was never worth what we paid for him, a complete waste as was Musa and Mendy we just wanted to splash the cash to give the impression we were a big club 

We can all debate if Claude should be in or out but one thing this whole debate has done is taken away focus from the Piss poor recruitment over the last few years which in a way is why Claude has struggled of late 

it’s all very well saying we will ship out 8 or 9 but would the club accept large losses on players and will other clubs offer them the silly wages we have paid them??

15 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

You make some very interesting points and that’s the beauty of football we all have differing opinions 

benny I totally agree with he has been a car crash since his first game and is £6m wasted. 

Ulloa yes id play him I could never understand how Slimani and Musa were ever ahead of him in the pecking order. Slimani I would never allow to put on our shirt again 

at right back dragovic did play that position for us earlier in the season and I can’t recall which game it was so I do apologise. Simpson has done very well for us as has Fuchs but I do feel we should buy 2 quality full backs in the summer 

I am sure amartay was not injured he was simply not selected however I may be wrong although tbh I am not overly kean on him at right back either that side always seams to be under pressure because of mahrez drifting and leaving large gaps to cover when he loses the ball 

roll on the summer this seasons over

now I think after Thursday we will know more if he loses then he will be replaced if not he needs to start preparing for next season with early signings on day one of the window

So we're actually agreed on Benny, then. No surprise he isn't playing ahead of Albrighton at RB.

I don't really rate either of Slimani or Ulloa. I don't think either of them are good enough to partner Vardy up front, let alone replace him. I'd think it was odd to see either starting for us.

No need to apologise. I can't remember seeing Dragovic at RB. I agree - I think both full back positions need strengthening, and I bet Puel does, too.

I am sure Amartey was injured. That's why he's not been involved with the first team since. I can clearly remember him playing very well at RB, and thinking that maybe he's the answer there, then I can remember thinking, "typical" when he was injured. I'm not sure, but I think he may have started 2 or 3 games at RB before that happened.

I won't be gutted if Puel is sacked before next season, but I will be disappointed. Even though I'm not at all happy with what we're being served up right now, I think we're probably better off going with continuity instead of yet another new dawn, especially considering there's no danger of relegation. If we did replace Puel before the summer, the new manager would have a much more difficult job assessing the situation than Puel, and we'd most likely end up with someone just as bad, anyway. I have hope that it will click under Puel at some point.

• Like 1

... although Monsieur Puel has already "miscoached" the backround 2018, someone in the club should explain him that the first squad of a PL-club is not an education-club and certainly not a football school where you can introduce more ore less talented footballers to the professional business. For this case, LCFC has an academy for young talents. There is no time for this kind of talent view. There are no young and old players, there are only good and bad players. Not one single player got better under this coach. On the contrary, most of the former achievers like Fuchs, Simpson, Albrighton, Okazaki were getting worse and lost self-confidence, or they are no longer in the starting XI. Imo this manager has turned a good working team into a "wild bunch". I could not understand that he allowed so many players to be loaned to other clubs during the last tranfer window. What would have happened, if Vardy would have got injured? Would Puel have taken his favourite young players Chilwell and Gray in the strikers position? Also the Leicester forward playing style is getting slower and slower every week. Sometimes not only the spectators are falling asleep, but also the players. After these miserable performances in the last weeks and months there would be only one consequence imo - PUEL OUT - And although it is impossible: I wished the owners would get Claudio Ranieri back and apologize for the sacking.

• Like 1

I agree that we don't want to become a graveyard for managers & I really want Puel to achieve but it becomes harder all the time to buy into this. 

To be clear I was never really a fan but I'm losing any confidence I may have had.

Atleast Ranieri was likeable with his charm and personality. Puel literally has zero charisma. He is drab in football and he comes across as drab as a person.

What is there for the players to buy into really?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Tell me someone available and better who could replace him since you people hate him so much. I'm waiting.......

As others have pointed out before me - just because no one you consider to be "available" or realistic is waiting around the corner, doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives out there (at a later stage) or we're supposed to be happy about how it's playing out right now under Puel.

• Like 1

I think give him the summer to at least have a go at recruiting players he thinks can play his style of football. 

It is no secret that the vast majority of our title winning side were not possession based, quality footballers who could win games that way.

We've never been good at playing that way in my lifetime. I only need to look back and shiver at the days when Sousa tried getting players like Wellens and King to play the ball in triangles whilst getting beat 6-1 by Portsmouth. 

That isn't to say things cant change. But if he is given the sorts of figures that are being rumoured then patience wont last long (not that it ever does with most of you lot). 

On 18/04/2018 at 22:13, mucfox said:

... although Monsieur Puel has already "miscoached" the backround 2018, someone in the club should explain him that the first squad of a PL-club is not an education-club and certainly not a football school where you can introduce more ore less talented footballers to the professional business. For this case, LCFC has an academy for young talents. There is no time for this kind of talent view. There are no young and old players, there are only good and bad players. Not one single player got better under this coach. On the contrary, most of the former achievers like Fuchs, Simpson, Albrighton, Okazaki were getting worse and lost self-confidence, or they are no longer in the starting XI. Imo this manager has turned a good working team into a "wild bunch". I could not understand that he allowed so many players to be loaned to other clubs during the last tranfer window. What would have happened, if Vardy would have got injured? Would Puel have taken his favourite young players Chilwell and Gray in the strikers position? Also the Leicester forward playing style is getting slower and slower every week. Sometimes not only the spectators are falling asleep, but also the players. After these miserable performances in the last weeks and months there would be only one consequence imo - PUEL OUT - And although it is impossible: I wished the owners would get Claudio Ranieri back and apologize for the sacking.

lol Ranieri was taking us down FFS

Puel is walking a tightrope. Performances are dull in the extreme and what worries me is that last night, he states in his after-match radio interview that we played well and created lots of chances! Deluded.

He has no rapport with the fans (and I suspect the players too) and as such can only survive if his results are good, which they’ve not been.

I’m sure that the owners will already be reviewing the market to see who else might be out there - I hope we replace him and it’s becoming clearer as each week passes why Saints got rid of him (and I can see where they might be heading at the moment).

As a fan and season ticket holder, I would like to be entertained!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Tell me someone available and better who could replace him since you people hate him so much. I'm waiting.......

It’s not about being “available” why do we always have to pick the best of the sacked failures!

we have money we can get a manager people have poached from us for years so now it’s time for us to go out and buy who we want 

8 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Atleast Ranieri was likeable with his charm and personality. Puel literally has zero charisma. He is drab in football and he comes across as drab as a person.

Dunno but they are getting millions a year so they should buy into whoever is in charge!

8 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Can’t say as I disagree with you buddy but that did make me titter lol 

On ‎18‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 23:13, mucfox said:

I thought it was funny...

...then I read the end of the post.

This is 2 weeks old now, in that time we've had 2 losses and a draw.

I saw a few people ahead of Burnley claiming 'If we get a win tomorrow i'd like to see how this poll would change' well we didn't and we couldn't beat Southampton either, so is it time for another, updated poll?!

Is there any way of restarting it?

I think momentum is building now, even some pro-Puel fans are doubting it now.

Really no need for a new Poll as is will achieve ABSOLUTE Zilch.  He signed just one of the current crop of players.  Give him a chance to cut out the deadwood and hope Rudders can rectify somehow, the scandalous waste of money spent pre-Puel This so he has more funds and wages to pay new blood and create his own team and take us forward.  3 have changed Manager 4 times in the last couple of years, so let's try a more significant change in personnel on the field as well as the much-needed refreshing of some of the coaching and recruitment elements. 

I know a bad workman always blames his tools, but in a lot of respects, his 'tools' are not up to the much-needed change in style. Let's face we got found out.

My only gripe with him was selecting Morgan regardless of his performances. I hope he has seen the light now on that one.

So how about giving the man a chance?

22 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Really no need for a new Poll as is will achieve ABSOLUTE Zilch.  He signed just one of the current crop of players.  Give him a chance to cut out the deadwood and hope Rudders can rectify somehow, the scandalous waste of money spent pre-Puel This so he has more funds and wages to pay new blood and create his own team and take us forward.  3 have changed Manager 4 times in the last couple of years, so let's try a more significant change in personnel on the field as well as the much-needed refreshing of some of the coaching and recruitment elements. 

I know a bad workman always blames his tools, but in a lot of respects, his 'tools' are not up to the much-needed change in style. Let's face we got found out.

My only gripe with him was selecting Morgan regardless of his performances. I hope he has seen the light now on that one.

As i've complained numerous times about I can't listen to him so i'm getting this information second (maybe even third) hand but apparently it was a case of Morgan being rested last night, it remains to be seen and we'll see if he returns in the next game but these comment, if correct, if true do not fill me with confidence.

Edited by Matt

41 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Who did spend the  90 on inadequate players?

Do you think you can tell?

54 minutes ago, chicagofox said:

Why is a change of style “much-needed”?

Just wondering.

Because we had been found out and were in the bottom 3 the old way

plauers apparently wanted it but not put the work in that made it successful before