Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

3 hours ago, chicagofox said:

It’s no longer about this season. We won’t go down so it doesn’t really matter where we finish. But looking to the long term; does anybody really think he is the manager to move us forward and push for the European place the owners so obviously want? I certainly don’t. And therefore I see no point in persisting with him. Sack him now or sack him after the last game of the season, but we need to move forward with someone else in charge.

I agree its time for him to go, but financially it does make a difference where we finish the season

13 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

This...rubbish. We Leicester are not a passing team. We've tried with managers in the past and it's always failed. We have to accept it's not the Leicester way and get back a proper manager who understands the players. 

I would agree to a certain extent, in the past we have always been direct.

Where I disagree is we should be more ambitious now, and adapt to the change in the game.

We have always had to buy players in our price range ( cheap), and when they became valuable sell, we are not that poor club anymore, or having to sell club, so we should be setting our standards in regards of player standard higher.

We have a squad with a lot of lower premier league, top end championship players in it, some of whom had a one season wonder, and people now think are good enough to come with us as we aim to improve our league position.

We are not going attract better players with a team of hoofers, and good players can play direct, or like puel is trying to, which would make us something we are definitely not at the minute, dangerous and unpredictable in attack 

• Like 1

I was never keen on Puel when he was appointed. I warmed to him after a couple of games and I'm still very much Puel in. I'm not bothered that Burnley look likely to beat us this season or that we won't be in the Europa League next season. Europa League in the short-term would've been good fun but in the long-term I do think we'll benefit from not making it. We would have had to bulk our squad up again which would have either meant recalling/reintegrating the loaned/fringe players (e.g. Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Benalouane etc.) to the main squad or recruiting further to our current plans and adding more change/new faces to the squad in the summer window. If we did neither, our league form could have been risked. I don't think that scenario is best suited to us at this crucial time. 

I guess my point is - we look likely to finish around 8th/9th in the Premier League this season. Yes, the early sparks under Puel have fizzled out a little bit. Yes, Burnley now look relatively uncatchable. Giving Puel, who is a good manager and proven to be a steady hand leading teams to success in two countries, the time to trim players out and make his own additions, as well as benefit from a full pre-season to further implement his own ideas into a fresh squad will do us good. He's done enough to earn that opportunity. More change, in my opinion unnecessary change, could well lead us round to this point again or worse. We have a good manager in place, our form and performances are steady. We have a good squad. Puel clearly has a direction he wants to take us in which he has achieved successfully at other clubs. I say let the man do it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Puel looked really forlorn in the post match interview I know his demeanour is like that but he looked a bit depressed probably knows the writing is on the wall. I feel sorry for him, but at the same time not really if you pick shite players defensively you are going to get punished.

I hope you are right

Wow. Gone are the days of looking forwards to going down the match with the people I love to enjoy watching this magnificent football club.

Instead, all we hear is constant debates over whether the manager should be sacked after 5 minutes. 

I think we are all victims of modern culture with social media but rather than jumping on the bandwagon of short term ness, I think people should get behind Puel and back him. He's blooded the youth and seems to have a longer term vision which surely needs more time to see if this comes to fruition. Also, didn't do the Saints any good by bombing him out.

44 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Puel looked really forlorn in the post match interview I know his demeanour is like that but he looked a bit depressed probably knows the writing is on the wall. I feel sorry for him, but at the same time not really if you pick shite players defensively you are going to get punished.

He was 33/1 last week to be the next manager to be sacked. I wish I put some money on it now.

34 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Portly Spanish waiter opening a new paella store in Leicester 

Probably in a minority on here but I wouldn't want Benitez anywhere near the club. As a Napoli fan I can assure you he underachieved and failed to build on Mazzari's work and  wrecked Napoli's attacking style.. The football was mega boring like Puel's. Taking a club like Newcastle to Premiership safety is no great shakes in the greater scheme of things, so beware of idolising him because of his name and Liverpool legacy.

Out for me at the end of the season. Thought he had us playing some good stuff at the start of the season. But that has slowly disappeared. The strengths he inherited are fading away and the urgency from our play only appears once we have slip back. 

Strangely I don't really care. He was a poor appointment that disappointed the majority of us from Day 1. It's inevitable he'll be sacked at some point this year or next, doesn't matter to me when. Maybe give him a proper transfer window and see how he does next season. If the performances are as dull and boring next season as they are this then yeah, sack him off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Strangely I don't really care. He was a poor appointment that disappointed the majority of us from Day 1. It's inevitable he'll be sacked at some point this year or next, doesn't matter to me when. Maybe give him a proper transfer window and see how he does next season. If the performances are as dull and boring next season as they are this then yeah, sack him off.

Agree with the first part the players can' have been very inspired  by the appointment  either.

1 hour ago, GavParket said:

Wow. Gone are the days of looking forwards to going down the match with the people I love to enjoy watching this magnificent football club.

Instead, all we hear is constant debates over whether the manager should be sacked after 5 minutes. 

I think we are all victims of modern culture with social media but rather than jumping on the bandwagon of short term ness, I think people should get behind Puel and back him. He's blooded the youth and seems to have a longer term vision which surely needs more time to see if this comes to fruition. Also, didn't do the Saints any good by bombing him out.

Players are to blame, the manager is to blame.

Players for putting in half-hearted shifts for 45 minutes only.

The manager for trying to change our system during an ongoing season.

100% bin.

Never a popular appointment and apart from the new manager bump, he's been a downgrade on Shakespeare IMO (the stats back that up before anybody jumps on me).

Watching us is both a chore and a bore at the moment.  Nothing in Puel's CV suggests that's likely to change. 

• Like 1