Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

On 07/04/2018 at 20:50, Paddy. said:

I wasn't there today but I was there for the others and they were boring as **** and we played poorly in each. If you read the match thread you'll see I gave Puel a bashing today and I've said in the post match thread that his approach to home games is all wrong. That doesn't mean I want him sacked though. You can be dissatisfied without jumping straight to 'Puel out'.  

As I said in my original post, my opinion is that sacking him seems too knee-jerk for me when in my mind he's not had long enough. If you think you've seen enough already then that's fair enough.

You didn’t need to be there mate if you seen the others you seen this one

i just feel it was the wrong appointment that’s all, my friend Rob is a Saints fan and he laughed at me when we appointed him. First game we murdered Everton and he said just you wait and now it’s its here :(

if we have a war chest in the summer let’s tap up a manager other clubs do it but we never do. We always say “well who’s available” in other words who’s the best of the shit that’s been sacked. Let’s be adventurous and go get someone. football is meant to be exciting passionate and if we lose tough shit roll on next week, at the moment I just don’t want next week to come and I’ve never been like that 

I don’t wana sack anyone but when you think CS was sacked at the start of the season for losing to Man UTD Liverpool Arsenal and Chelsea and lately we have lost at to Crystal Palace, Watford and Newcastle and draws with Stoke Swansea and BOurnemouth and didn’t even turn up for most of them! the future really doesn’t look good 

either way i’ll still support them as I said before I travel 120 miles each way to home games and I’ve not given up yet ?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd be gutted if the manager was to get sacked. I just don't want us to keep sacking managers, In Pearson's second spell I took pride in the fact that we gave him time to see out his vision even though he encountered difficult periods.To go though three managers in the space of a year and a half would make us look like an absolute joke. 

I know what you Ben but at the same time Champions to Championship in 3 seasons will also make us look a complete joke. Craig Shakesphere should not have been sacked when he was the start to the season was very tough. The WBA game was shocking granted but nothing compared to the dross being served up weekly since early December 

we must keep supporting them but it is getting harder. As they said on Radio Leicester after the game while I was driving home, they are looking to expand the stadium, why bother because people are not going to turn up and watch that for much longer ?

Shakey should not have been given the position full time and watching all these dire home performances has me doubting Puel, what really worries me is if he blows all the cash this summer and we get more of the same next season there might not be such a shit fest below us to safe guard us from relegation unlike this season when so many teams have been so poor.

On 07/04/2018 at 17:59, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

We had a whole midfield out with players that aren't puels and of the old regime.

I can't believe how stupid some of these fans are? 

You can't make a full judgement until he has had time to build his own side

Well said, 

I can honestly understand those who want him gone - these last couple months have been extremely frustrating on a game to game basis - but I think you have to give him a summer transfer window and offseason to implement his plan.

Isn't football such a fickle and unstable profession to be in these days. Winning makes people love managers and players. losing everyone is public enemy number one and there's unrest, players unhappy, fans want everyone sacked. It's bonkers. 

I want stability more than anything. A run of a few seasons where we have the same manager, a steady squad and a decent seasons of finishing top 10 with some cup runs. I wouldn't say this season has been a disaster, 2 quarter finals (knock out by Chelsea and Man city isn't a disgrace) and hopefully at least a top 10 finish pushing for Europe. How many of you would have taken that at the beginning of the season? 

Give puel the summer. Get his players in hopefully have a stable season and good cup runs and push on again.

I for one is fed up of chopping and changing every six months. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 17:54, Hugo Sanchez said:

The people voting in ? Do you actually turn up and have to watch this shite week in week out ? 

I honestly don’t think they do pal, They simply can’t be!

since the palace game in December and the fu@@ed up chance to make the semi of the league cup you would think he would have realised the chopping and changing has cost us dearly 

but it has continued and now we have f’d 7th place. We are extremely boring to watch and have won 5 in 15 and tbh Brighton should have had us buried by half time 

People say give him the summer but what for to bring in another 3 or 4 defensive players???

we can’t keep wasting money we have blown over £100m since winning the league and other than McGuire and Ndidi the rest have been shocking and don’t even get in the team 

Ill keep supporting them I have for 27 seasons but it’s getting harder and harder to get the energy to attend ?

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

So the 40% will be holding west ham style demonstrations in the remaining home games will they.

well that would be more entertaining than the football at times:ph34r:

in all honest though, id give Puel the summer and a couple of months next season(part of me is getting sick of us hiring and firing managers and the fact we could head up with Pardew or something), since you can see the direction he wants to take the team with the passing style but some of the players clearly cant cope with that(Simpson being one of them), 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I’m getting pretty pissed off with the players downing tools everytime they don’t like a managers methods

Exactly, all these managers sacked, same players, who escape criticism.

Time to get rid of the over paid, over rated, bang average prima donna’s, who down tools when a managers picks players or plays a way they don’t like.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

well that would be more entertaining than the football at times:ph34r:

in all honest though, id give Puel the summer and a couple of months next season(part of me is getting sick of us hiring and firing managers and the fact we could head up with Pardew or something), since you can see the direction he wants to take the team with the passing style but some of the players clearly cant cope with that(Simpson being one of them), 

Yeah that’s sort of where I am with it. If he can get the right personnel to implement his style I feel he can be judged accordingly. At the moment he should revert to what the players like Simpson etc can do

No point sacking him. We have lost games but we haven't really been battered by many teams since he has been in. I think you gotta give the guy a decent enough run. Most managers wouldn't have gave Chillwell a starting place and he is now starting to improve with more game time. He does give more players a chance compared to previous managers. 

The problem is our players aren't the best technically. Bar about 3 of them the rest are not comfortable on the ball against a team which presses us which makes his tactics a bit harder. I'd rather see him for at least another year or two just so were not going round and round with different managers. 

13 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd be gutted if the manager was to get sacked. I just don't want us to keep sacking managers, In Pearson's second spell I took pride in the fact that we gave him time to see out his vision even though he encountered difficult periods.To go though three managers in the space of a year and a half would make us look like an absolute joke. 

The difference was the players were clearly still playing for Pearson and the squad was behind him.

I don't want to see us sack  Puel, but I also don't want to see shite lacklustre performances at home. If he could just fire them up it would make all the difference, that's how we started out under Puel, playing good football but with an extra level of intensity. These players don't need to be taught how to pass sideways, we have a group of premier league winners, they know what it takes to win.

IN.

We need to evolve and he can help us do that.

The work with the academy and training ground over the next few years are crucial as to how the club is shaped. Will we be a joke club in the QPR/Watford mould or actually build a long term Premier league club?

We need stability and to offload past-it players while bringing in quality while promoting better products through the ranks.