Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

46 minutes ago, limeydale said:

My point in mentioning is there is no quality manager out there that i see that we can afford or that would want to come here that is any better than what we have now.

Also we aren't going down so I say stick with until it isn't working.

Thats silly - appointing in the summer is the best time to do it, there will be plenty of candidates both in and out of work happy to consider our job proposition.

Its appointing mid way through the season when you’re in panic stations mode where it becomes difficult... and end up shoe-horning a fit of manager (see examples of Puel, Lambert, Hughes & Carvalhal).

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

On 10/04/2018 at 12:03, Bunyip said:

Honestly  60%  think he should stay. I despair. Some people wouldn't know a disaster if it snook up behind them and kicked them up the ar*e. 

Couldn’t agree more. I think the majority here listen to Radio Leicester and don’t watch this garbage week in week out. 

I turned off Mike McCarthy last week on my drive home because of his constant love of Claude and constant referral to 8th place. It wasn’t until Stringer said we were boring that he shut up

4 wins in 16 now and season over with 3 chances of Europe blown 

I would be very suprised if he is not dismissed before we play Southampton 

• Like 1

Never wanted Leicester to loose before but sadly i do until this total clown has been binned.

All this talk of 8th is total horse crap.

His record is worse than Shakespeares, he blew two perfect opportunities to progress in cups, his tactics, team selections and subs are beyond appalling.

Please please please get rid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he may be struggling to get the player's fired up for games. How many times have we been slow to start and had crappy first 45mins. 

He is also making very questionable decisions regarding selections and continuing to stick with a back 4 which is clearly struggling. 

I still think it's too early to boot him out, but there are warning signs for sure. I'm so fed up of the manager merry go round though :dry:

He needs a much improved performance this half and some wins in our last handful of games, or there will be strong calls for him to be changed.

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think he may be struggling to get the player's fired up for games. How many times have we been slow to start and had crappy first 45mins. 

He is also making very questionable decisions regarding selections and continuing to stick with a back 4 which is clearly struggling. 

I still think it's too early to boot him out, but there are warning signs for sure. I'm so fed up of the manager merry go round though :dry:

He needs a much improved performance this half and some wins in our last handful of games, or there will be strong calls for him to be changed.

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion and for that I respect yours it wouldn’t be right if we all had the same views

i have to agree to disagree with your point as I fail to see how it’s too soon; 4 wins in 16 and tbh Brighton was a fluke!

absolutely shocking today I am watching on Sportsnet from Canada and yes we have had two great chances so far it’s been 70% Burnley in our “cup final”

His record is worse than Shakey and he played all of the top 4 sides. He must soon have the worst record now since Holloway relegated us 

As for the merry go round we have not had that many really (Pearson, Sven,Pearson, Claudio, Shakesphere and now Puel in 8 years I don’t think I’ve missed anyone lol)

• Like 1

It’s no longer about this season. We won’t go down so it doesn’t really matter where we finish. But looking to the long term; does anybody really think he is the manager to move us forward and push for the European place the owners so obviously want? I certainly don’t. And therefore I see no point in persisting with him. Sack him now or sack him after the last game of the season, but we need to move forward with someone else in charge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

Couldn’t agree more. I think the majority here listen to Radio Leicester and don’t watch this garbage week in week out. 

I turned off Mike McCarthy last week on my drive home because of his constant love of Claude and constant referral to 8th place. It wasn’t until Stringer said we were boring that he shut up

4 wins in 16 now and season over with 3 chances of Europe blown 

I would be very suprised if he is not dismissed before we play Southampton 

It seems there are still people on here willing to think he should be given an extended chance. Hopefully, today's nail will be the last in his coffin. What has he got to do to get the sack? He was the desperately wrong choice in the first place. For a club that supposedly has ambitions was he the best, we could get? We can waste £30 million on a donkey like Slimani but can't find the right kind of money for a proven manager. And in answer to anyone waiting to pounce on the question but who? I will say money talks. Pay a top manager enough and tell him you will back him with the money for top players and they will come.

• Like 2

This is the first time I’ve really lost confidence in him. Biggest game of the season and to start like that...

Errors weren’t his fault but we one again had an awful first half. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again when it’s not working. 

The players dont don’t seem to be playing for him and I believe he’ll be gone in the summer. 

2 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

The more I see these players play, the more I back puel, the sooner some of these lazy, talentless pricks leave, and puel gets in some good players, who want to play for him, the more I’m convinced he will do ok

Are you insane?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Are you insane?

No, this is the 3rd manager the core of this team has let down.

Puel doesn’t say I’m setting up with a positive line up, but can you play with a slow tempo, and defend like you can’t  play football, and give Burnley a 2 goal head start.

Puel has inherited some good players, but also some very poor technical players, or players if reports are to be believed, have been having it their own way for too long, and seem to think they have the divine right to play, again rumours, but it looks very much like that for me.

After similar periods of very lacklustre, could say unmotivated play from the same group players, have cost two managers their jobs, I’d rather keep puel, and let him bring his own players, than let this shower of shit lose another manager his job, to bring in another manager, just to do the same again.

I’d like to see puel have a full summer window, and full preseason with decent footballers brought in, and the bad apples, and poor technical players like Morgan, Simpson, Okazaki and the likes moved on, and sick note James who is injured for the second long term injury of the season, after only just returning from 2 years out.

Puel likes youth, so it potentially could be an exciting period, getting rid of the old, and in with the new.

So to answer your question am I mad, no, people must be mad to want a fourth manager in what 2 years, and without giving him a chance to bring his own players in

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

No, this is the 3rd manager the core of this team has let down.

Puel doesn’t say I’m setting up with a positive line up, but can you play with a slow tempo, and defend like you can’t  play football, and give Burnley a 2 goal head start.

Puel has inherited some good players, but also some very poor technical players, or players if reports are to be believed, have been having it their own way for too long, and seem to think they have the divine right to play, again rumours, but it looks very much like that for me.

After similar periods of very lacklustre, could say unmotivated play from the same group players, have cost two managers their jobs, I’d rather keep puel, and let him bring his own players, than let this shower of shit lose another manager his job, to bring in another manager, just to do the same again.

I’d like to see puel have a full summer window, and full preseason with decent footballers brought in, and the bad apples, for technical players like Morgan, Simpson, Okazaki and the likes moved on, and sick note James who is injured for the second long term injury of the season, after only just returning from 2 years out.

Puel likes youth, so it potentially could be an exciting period, getting rid of the old, and in with the new.

So to answer your question am I mad, no, people must be mad to want a fourth manager in what 2 years, and without giving him a chance to bring his own players in

Totally agree with this point. We have been here before with Claudio and Shakey.. The team seem to drop off dramatically and a change is forced. You wonder how much power the "old guard" have got in the dressing room. 

Puel must definitely shoulder the blame for his selections and subs, but this is the 3rd time the players have look unmotivated with the last 3 managers. 

I don't want to get too carried away, because we had enough chances to win the game today and we were playing a team that has won their last 4.. but, performances of late have seriously tailed off and the rumours are back of player's unrest. 

I think the sooner players such as Wes, Simpson, Fuchs and potentially even Kasper are replaced with genuine top 6 players (at a cost of course!), the better. 

If owners genuinely have ambitions of top 6 finishes, then lets get over the loyalty and sentiment to certain players and really kick on with a higher standard! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

It seems there are still people on here willing to think he should be given an extended chance. Hopefully, today's nail will be the last in his coffin. What has he got to do to get the sack? He was the desperately wrong choice in the first place. For a club that supposedly has ambitions was he the best, we could get? We can waste £30 million on a donkey like Slimani but can't find the right kind of money for a proven manager. And in answer to anyone waiting to pounce on the question but who? I will say money talks. Pay a top manager enough and tell him you will back him with the money for top players and they will come.

This...rubbish. We Leicester are not a passing team. We've tried with managers in the past and it's always failed. We have to accept it's not the Leicester way and get back a proper manager who understands the players. 

Edited by Blue Ed

Puel looked really forlorn in the post match interview I know his demeanour is like that but he looked a bit depressed probably knows the writing is on the wall. I feel sorry for him, but at the same time not really if you pick shite players defensively you are going to get punished.