Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

I want:

1 RB

2 CB

1 LB

1 LW

1 RW

1 AMF

1 ST

And the only players leaving the squad as it currently is, ignoring current loans etc., would be Fuchs and Mahrez. 

I'd still say that bringing in 8 players leaves us short.

This is a massive, massive job.  We've got to turn around two piss poor transfer windows just to get back on track with recruitment.

Imagine if ‘they’ll never come here” no longer existed. Imagine if our incredibly wealthy owners and investors said F OFF to financial fair play and paid over the odds Chinese style for Iniesta, Bale, A head butting manager, and we had a real go at doing something ridiculous.

Im quite drunk.

I also know we have the cash to spunk and I’m wondering how we turn ourselves into Man City.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Imagine if ‘they’ll never come here” no longer existed. Imagine if our incredibly wealthy owners and investors said F OFF to financial fair play and paid over the odds Chinese style for Iniesta, Bale, A head butting manager, and we had a real go at doing something ridiculous.

Im quite drunk.

I also know we have the cash to spunk and I’m wondering how we turn ourselves into Man City.

I had this discussion with someone else on here, but considering they want us to be a top 6 side consistently, they don't seem to invest in the right and proven players for the expensive fees; which is clearly what we need to do,

• Like 2

Start with a new manager of Marco Silva. 

Sell / release end of contract : Hamer (We don't need 3gks), Simpson, Morgan, Benaloune, Huth, King, James, Mendy, Slimani, Ulloa, Mahrez. 

A lot of players I know but we only play 1 game a week. A huge squad is not needed, rather a consistent team are needed and the wages can be better spent have a stronger smaller squad. 

Players I would like to sign: 

Cedric, Stones (in Mahrez swap deal) / Gibson most likely. Maddison (Norwich) Rueben Loftus Cheek, 

Would leave us - Give the team 15 games to start the season with a set formation and actually give them a chance in there best positions. 

Schmeichel,

Cedric, Stones Maguire Chilwell,

Gray, Ndidi, Loftus Cheek, Diabete, 

Maddison,

Vardy 

A young side with potential and great speed on the counter. With the correct manager I think this team will play attractive football and would compete in every match. Admittedly Stones could be unrealistic, but for financial reasons a swap deal + cash for us could benefit both ourselves and Man City. Loftus Cheek has the potential to dominate games + alongside Ndidi would be formidable in my opinion. With the sales of a larger squad I don't think this would be too much a stretch financially to obtain. Add in a cb on loan and maybe promote one from the U23s if needed as the 4th choice cb. We would have a midfield of Silva + Iborra as back up so that is good cover there. Leaves us Okazaki and Kelechi Ineacho as striker alternatives. And Marc Albrighton and Harvey Barnes as alternatives on the wing. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I had this discussion with someone else on here, but considering they want us to be a top 6 side consistently, they don't seem to invest in the right and proven players for the expensive fees; which is clearly what we need to do,

That is correct, although I do not think we can fault the owners. They have spent good money. just had the misfortune of Rudkin choosing the players. Now we can blame them for not sacking Rudkin of course, but they have spent 150mill plus into players since our title win. 

12 hours ago, HKFox said:

Start with a new manager of Marco Silva. 

Sell / release end of contract : Hamer (We don't need 3gks), Simpson, Morgan, Benaloune, Huth, King, James, Mendy, Slimani, Ulloa, Mahrez. 

A lot of players I know but we only play 1 game a week. A huge squad is not needed, rather a consistent team are needed and the wages can be better spent have a stronger smaller squad. 

Players I would like to sign: 

Cedric, Stones (in Mahrez swap deal) / Gibson most likely. Maddison (Norwich) Rueben Loftus Cheek, 

Would leave us - Give the team 15 games to start the season with a set formation and actually give them a chance in there best positions. 

Schmeichel,

Cedric, Stones Maguire Chilwell,

Gray, Ndidi, Loftus Cheek, Diabete, 

Maddison,

Vardy 

A young side with potential and great speed on the counter. With the correct manager I think this team will play attractive football and would compete in every match. Admittedly Stones could be unrealistic, but for financial reasons a swap deal + cash for us could benefit both ourselves and Man City. Loftus Cheek has the potential to dominate games + alongside Ndidi would be formidable in my opinion. With the sales of a larger squad I don't think this would be too much a stretch financially to obtain. Add in a cb on loan and maybe promote one from the U23s if needed as the 4th choice cb. We would have a midfield of Silva + Iborra as back up so that is good cover there. Leaves us Okazaki and Kelechi Ineacho as striker alternatives. And Marc Albrighton and Harvey Barnes as alternatives on the wing. 

You’ve got 12 players in that formation Loftus & Cheek 

chillwell and Gray are shit. Diabetic ain’t ready either. 

Edited by mod hero

I think we ought to build from a VERY strong back four for next season. Make us hard to break down. Part of the reason why Burnley are so successful this season is because they don't allow that many goals.

For us, that'd mean:

New right-back and Simpson on the bench OR Simpson as the starting right-back, with a talented youngster challenging him for the starting spot (we need competition there)

Maguire is pretty much set

Dragovic is a player I'd like us to sign this summer, yet I'm not sure whether he'd be inclined following being benched by Puel and that after very convincing performances alongside Maguire.

If Dragovic won't come here, then a John Stones/Ben Gibson type of player would be fine by me.

As for the left-back situation, with Chilwell I'm undecided. I think he can come good with time, but we need a really good, tried and tested left-back next season in the 24 to 28 years old age bracket. Fuchs will be off in the summer and Chilwell probably also needs somebody to look up to.

Fuchs appears to have confirmed that he will see his contract out, so will be around for one more season, so pretty sure we won't see a left back on the shopping list with him and Chilwell.

Pleased he will be staying - like the guy and feel he will have something to contribute, even if it's more in the cup squad next season.

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

You’ve got 12 players in that formation Loftus & Cheek 

chillwell and Gray are shit. Diabetic ain’t ready either. 

Loftus Cheek is a good player and I think him and Ndidi would be very good for us, if we can get him. 

Agreed all 3 of those players have not been good. Chilwell has looked a bit lost at times certainly when we are defending. Going forwards he looks reasonable. But he has played in a team which has looked woeful to dull since new year. Let him start next season and he will become good, alongside a consistent back 4.

Gary it is hard to impress when you get 60 minutes here, 20 minutes sub appearance there and you constantly play different positions. rw, lm, am, st and even rb. 

Diabate I think will be a good player. You have a point he might not be ready, this is why i get annoyed looking at our starting teams since new year. Why did Puel not play Gray and Diabate rw and lw for the rest of the season. 15 games plus each to see if they are ready for prem football, get some confidence, and see if they are good enough for us next year. 

6 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Loftus Cheek is a good player and I think him and Ndidi would be very good for us, if we can get him. 

Agreed all 3 of those players have not been good. Chilwell has looked a bit lost at times certainly when we are defending. Going forwards he looks reasonable. But he has played in a team which has looked woeful to dull since new year. Let him start next season and he will become good, alongside a consistent back 4.

Gary it is hard to impress when you get 60 minutes here, 20 minutes sub appearance there and you constantly play different positions. rw, lm, am, st and even rb. 

Diabate I think will be a good player. You have a point he might not be ready, this is why i get annoyed looking at our starting teams since new year. Why did Puel not play Gray and Diabate rw and lw for the rest of the season. 15 games plus each to see if they are ready for prem football, get some confidence, and see if they are good enough for us next year. 

I get your thinking with a young and hungry team but at the same time it looked inexperienced and in my opinion that team wouldn’t finish in the top half.

defence looked handy though minus Chillwell. 

The RB from Saints is a cracking player. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 21:34, AKCJ said:

I don't.

I just know for damn sure that none of those players are even close to the level of quality we'll be looking at.

Atletico Madrid and Sevilla disagree, but "AKCJ of foxestalk" knows better.

Seems like you didn't do your research on Jahankabash or Elyounoussi either.

Bit like when you thought Amartey would turn out better than Ndidi (and lost our bet)? ;)

6 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Bit like when you thought Amartey would turn out better than Ndidi (and lost our bet)? ;)

Lets be honest Roy your twitter searching doesnt always bring out the correct answers now does it.

On 4/24/2018 at 17:52, RumbleFox said:

Easy.....

Pope

Pereira  Maguire  Mawson  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Someone  Someone  Someone

Vardy

lol

That'd be about 80 million on defence and keeper. I hope the someone triplets are cheap!

For the record I am in agreement haha.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Atleti and Sevilla aren't trying to replace a man of Mahrez's quality though, are they?

They're looking for a cheap player to potentially make money on. Any of those players will be bit-part at best.

Come on mate, don't be quite so dense. If we're signing players like that to replace Mahrez then you can kiss  Europa League qualification goodbye before the season has begun.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Atleti and Sevilla aren't trying to replace a man of Mahrez's quality though, are they?

They're looking for a cheap player to potentially make money on. Any of those players will be bit-part at best.

Come on mate, don't be quite so dense. If we're signing players like that to replace Mahrez then you can kiss  Europa League qualification goodbye before the season has begun.

You might be in for a shock in the Summer if you think we’re going to replace Mahrez with one marque ‘big name’ signing, it’s safer to buy two young prospects who’ve shown high creativity levels in the range of £20/£30m each, as it reduces the risk of a ‘bust’ or if the ‘big name’ gets a long term injury. I’ve asked you for your Mahrez replacement suggestions  previously, but then radio silence. 

Names please...

35 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

You might be in for a shock in the Summer if you think we’re going to replace Mahrez with one marque ‘big name’ signing, it’s safer to buy two young prospects who’ve shown high creativity levels in the range of £20/£30m each, as it reduces the risk of a ‘bust’ or if the ‘big name’ gets a long term injury. I’ve asked you for your Mahrez replacement suggestions  previously, but then radio silence. 

Names please...

Peter Andre

1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

Names please...

It's not my job to know who to sign and I don't spend hours of my spare time looking through twitter to find people who think so-and-so is the next big thing.

All I know is that the names you've mentioned have been averaging mediocre stats in abysmal leagues.