Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Do we need to get rid of some "big players" in the dressing room?

6 hours ago, murphy said:

You can't write players off for being in rlelgated teams.  Lots of good players have been relegated.

Harry Maguire for instance.

Maybe so. But I don’t think cherry picking Stoke and West Ham’s better players will really improve us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, inckley fox said:

I don't doubt that the psychological impact of winning the title and achieving their wildest dreams sapped some of the hunger from the 'old guard'. However I'm not sure that, Mahrez aside, they are necessarily the self-destructive force which has hurt us for the past two years.

The press source which has talked of dressing room unrest has gone to pains to state that the 'old guard' aren't, perhaps, the most disgruntled group of players on board at the moment. A lot of the names mentioned weren't even at the club when Ranieri, so what's happened recently shouldn't reinforce the widely held belief that our title winners stabbed Ranieri in the back.

The two situations are a bit different. You only have to read this thread to see that Ranieri just isn't bothered anymore. He should've retired in June 2016.

9 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

I don’t understand why Gray has such an attitude.

He’s being picked more often but doesn’t do anything on the pitch.  

Gray is absolutely bang average. Diabate is considerably better yet if we sold both we'd probably get more than double for Gray. Sell Gray and look for another Diabate.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Gray is absolutely bang average. Diabate is considerably better yet if we sold both we'd probably get more than double for Gray. Sell Gray and look for another Diabate.

based on what evidence are you saying that?

• Haha 1

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Based on watching games and watching both players. Nothing too special.

yes but Gray has assisted and scored league goals for us Diabate hasn't, I'm not saying Gray is brilliant but the claim that Diabate is considerably better is simply uinproven

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

based on what evidence are you saying that?

His control, his passing, his movement, his willingness on the pitch. Considering he's only just joined from another country playing at a low level, and Gray has been here years, I think he has the better potential going off recent performances. 

He has had the same problem as Gray though, he needs to be able to start and influence a game. Not just look good against tired players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

His control, his passing, his movement, his willingness on the pitch. Considering he's only just joined from another country playing at a low level, and Gray has been here years, I think he has the better potential going off recent performances. 

He has had the same problem as Gray though, he needs to be able to start and influence a game. Not just look good against tired players.

your talking potential not current ability and tbf I've thought Diabate looks a bit of a headless chicken at times just as I've thought Gray has been wasteful, both have faults but both should be starting the last 3 games on the wings

Edited by Jimmy

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

yes but Gray has assisted and scored league goals for us Diabate hasn't, I'm not saying Gray is brilliant but the claim that Diabate is considerably better is simply uinproven

In more games. Diabate has more skill, a better team ethic and a lot more imagination in his play. It's criminal that he isn't starting at the minute.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

In more games. Diabate has more skill, a better team ethic and a lot more imagination in his play. It's criminal that he isn't starting at the minute.

what imagination, he gets the ball and runs with his head down, he's a fine prospect but he hasn't shown himself to be better than Gray yet, its the walking sulk that should be replaced by him

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

your talking potential not current ability and tbf I've thought Diabate looks a bit of a headless chicken at times just as I've thought Gray has been wasteful, both have faults but both should be starting the last 3 games on the wings

And me judging their potential is based on what I'm seeing from them now. I love Diabates willingness to try and make things happen, he plays with a higher tempo and makes runs few others do. I feel he creates more problems for defenders than Gray currently does.

Probably not that much between them in terms of natural ability. But the desire from  Diabate shines through for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

And me judging their potential is based on what I'm seeing from them now. I love Diabates willingness to try and make things happen, he plays with a higher tempo and makes runs few others do. I feel he creates more problems for defenders than Gray currently does.

Probably not that much between them in terms of natural ability. But the desire from  Diabate shines through for me.

I'm not saying Diabate is a bad player he might even have the edge on Gray what I said was the claim he was "considerably better" is unproven which it is

Just now, Jimmy said:

what imagination, he gets the ball and runs with his head down, he's a fine prospect but he hasn't shown himself to be better than Gray yet, its the walking sulk that should be replaced by him

I think that's harsh. Sitting in SK2 and watching him down that side when he's come on in a game attacking that end, he's always trying give and goes, trying to find others, trying to create space. I think I've seen some smart stuff from him.

Gray is an enigma.

You just know if we sold the sod to someone for 25 mill, he’d go on to become an England regular and his value would increase to 50 mill within 2 years.

He’s incredibly frustrating. There’s a really good player in there somewhere, it just doesn’t break out enough.

But I have a feeling it will. Just not with us it would seem.

Regarding Diabate, it seems to me that he’s another young player being made up to be much better than the player we’ve actually seen so far.

You have two options. You either bring in a strong enough manager to handle the big players (Dyche or Rafa), or you get rid (Taylor style) and hope he can create a new team.

A middle of the road manager like Shakespeare or Puel aren’t strong enough to deal with a strong group that won the Premier League 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Oh don't get me wrong I'd sell Mahrez now. Fantastic talent but he's not arsed about us anymore and hasn't been for a while. He's shown a real flaw in himself unfortunately. I'll actually be disappointed if he isn't sold this summer.

But I just can't warm to Gray. It's all hype with him. Time and time again you expect him to deliver and he just doesn't.

Diabate's had less game time but he makes far better decisions on the ball than Gray does.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Redouane said:

Without Puel,we would be in a relegation battle right now. He's doing his best with what he's got. It's not his fault that other teams still in a relegation battle are more hungry for a win as opposed to his players who have been safe for a while now

:doh:

There is absolutely no proof that we'd be worse off without Puel than with him, let alone involved in a relegation battle.

Claims of this sort are ludicrous. The logic of some people...

We had gotten results under Shakespeare before and after the heavy start to this season, with losses against Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool (three of those by only one goal), we may as well have turned it around under the same manager.

Edited by MC Prussian

On 28/04/2018 at 20:14, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Well i can imagine why he came back in the team - because without him, there isn’t a natural leading presence like him. Maguire isn’t quite that player (he may become that player). I think Drinkwater was an important element to the same degree in our midfield, as was Fuchs at left back.

Sometimes picking the best side is not just about ability - mentality and players that compliment each other are also oh so important. 

Exactly what do you see on the pitch that indicates this natural leader?  I see a guy who scrunches his face and shrugs and looks at others when we concede. I see someone who remains silent when the chips are down. I’m not having a go I just don’t see any of it 

• Thanks 1