Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Cricket 2018

It's quite strange how he can just go back to that as soon as the pressure is off, he's still so young as well.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in the Ashes team next year if we are having so success with our openers. The only thing that might actually stop that now is the fact he's ended on a hundred like this.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's quite strange how he can just go back to that as soon as the pressure is off, he's still so young as well.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in the Ashes team next year if we are having so success with our openers. The only thing that might actually stop that now is the fact he's ended on a hundred like this.

I'd be very surprised to be honest.

This is the perfect way to go.

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Best way to get a ton,Ive got a 50 before on overthrows,but considering I only ever got 1 ton in my playing days that would have been hard!

What a legend Cook is,couldn’t be more pleased for the bloke.Going to be sad watching him walk off.

Reminds me of my mate's maiden ton when he was about 16. He'd got out in the 90s a couple of times before that, then on 99 in this match decided to go for a suicidal single. Wickets were broken and he assumed he was out so ran straight off crying (literally lol) past me as I was next in. Bowler then admitted to the ump that he'd broken the wicket before the ball came in, so they just recorded him as 'Retired Out 100'. Was in the process of smashing up most of his gear in the changing room when he found out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Reminds me of my mate's maiden ton when he was about 16. He'd got out in the 90s a couple of times before that, then on 99 in this match decided to go for a suicidal single. Wickets were broken and he assumed he was out so ran straight off crying (literally lol) past me as I was next in. Bowler then admitted to the ump that he'd broken the wicket before the ball came in, so they just recorded him as 'Retired Out 100'. Was in the process of smashing up most of his gear in the changing room when he found out.

Oh,we had loads of bat throwers and wall kickers in our team.

One of my mates came to play for our team,he was a class act,bags of natural ability that I could only dream about.He had scored runs for years in lower leagues and made the step up to senior cricket ( still village standard) got out in his first over,I made a sarcastic comment about an impressive debut,and then the bat throwing started in the changing room.

someone said”we’ve got another one” ran in an mobbed him cheering.Was welcome from that day on.Plus scored a shitload.

Of all the sports I played cricket was the one where we all got on so well.Ok level, and acted like absolute children on the pitch.

Other teams got so wound up as they were taking it seriously and we had players smoking fags on the pitch and rugby tackling each other in the field.

• Haha 1

Just now, MattP said:

Sensational, don't think we'll ever see a better English opener.

Potentially in terms of ability.

But in terms of longevity, being a total gentleman, wearing your heart on your sleeve, being ice cool... No chance. A great of the game.

• Like 2

Just now, cambridgefox said:

Question.

Really should know the answer to this but don’t.

If you score 200 in an innings does that count as 2 test centuries  or just 1 as it’s the same innings?

Just one.