Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2018 - 19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hereford have sacked Peter Beadle, 3 consecutive promotions and a cup win but they haven't won in 5 matches this season so of course he had to go :facepalm:

Seems harsh on the face of it but I'm only being a tiny bit hyperbolic when I say most people on this forum could've managed Hereford to the promotions they've gained since the phoenix club was formed.

The leagues they've competed in have essentially been write offs before the season started.

44 minutes ago, Langston said:

Seems harsh on the face of it but I'm only being a tiny bit hyperbolic when I say most people on this forum could've managed Hereford to the promotions they've gained since the phoenix club was formed.

The leagues they've competed in have essentially been write offs before the season started.

The first season they had was the hardest but agree on the quality of the next two divisions. 

However, we aren’t even out of September yet and Hereford would do well to stabilise. They won’t go much further with their death trap of a stadium

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2018 at 14:56, Langston said:

Might be more to it, heard off the field he's bit of nasty piece of work. 

15 hours ago, Tuna said:

Chesterfield thumped 3-0 at home by Gateshead today...not going well at all for Martin Allen with the fans calling for him to be sacked.

Sad to see them down there. I told the Spireites I know that he'd get them up lol 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45754723

Nuneaton Borough 8-9 Halesowen Town: Incredible comeback in FA Youth Cup

Sharethis page
Nuneaton Twitter
Even Nuneaton Borough's graphic couldn't quite believe the score

We've all heard it said that leading 2-0 can be a dangerous scoreline.

Concede, lose concentration and before you know it it's 2-2 and your opponent is in the ascendancy.

A scoreline that's probably not thought of as being quite so tricky is leading 7-2.

Nuneaton Borough's youth team proved that even when you are leading by five goals with 28 minutes to play you should still be wary of a comeback.

In a remarkable FA Youth Cup second round qualifying tie, Halesowen fought back from trailing 4-1 at half-time, 7-2 after an hour and even being 8-6 down after 85 minutes to progress to the next round.

The visitors were still trailing 8-7, with Borough striker Luis Corcoran scoring five times, in injury time.

An Emlyn Tudgay double, however, gave them a scarcely believable win in front of a presumably very entertained crowd of 83 people.

How the 17-goal thriller unfolded...

1 min: Nuneaton Borough 1-0 Halesowen Town (Corcoran)

4 mins: Nuneaton Borough 1-1 Halesowen Town (Danks)

7 mins: Nuneaton Borough 2-1 Halesowen Town (Jones)

22 mins: Nuneaton Borough 3-1 Halesowen Town (Wanjohi)

43 mins: Nuneaton Borough 4-1 Halesowen Town (Corcoran)

HT: Nuneaton Borough 4-1 Halesowen Town

49 mins: Nuneaton Borough 5-1 Halesowen Town (Jones)

51 mins: Nuneaton Borough 5-2 Halesowen Town (Love)

52 mins: Nuneaton Borough 6-2 Halesowen Town (Corcoran)

57 mins: Nuneaton Borough 7-2 Halesowen Town (Corcoran)

62 mins: Nuneaton Borough 7-3 Halesowen Town (Danks)

70 mins: Nuneaton Borough 7-4 Halesowen Town (Griffiths)

70 mins: Nuneaton Borough 7-5 Halesowen Town (Mutasa)

80 mins: Nuneaton Borough 7-6 Halesowen Town (Danks)

83 mins: Nuneaton Borough 8-6 Halesowen Town (Corcoran)

86 mins: Nuneaton Borough 8-7 Halesowen Town (Beard)

92 mins: Nuneaton Borough 8-8 Halesowen Town (Tudgay)

96 mins: Nuneaton Borough 8-9 Halesowen Town (Tudgay)

Full-Time: Nuneaton Borough 8-9 Halesowen Town

Went to Grantham v Lancaster yesterday.

2-0 to bottom of the table Lancaster in heavy wind, Grantham were absolutely awful and looked a naïve team of young players apposed to a physical and experienced Lancaster who took advantage of some shambolic defending.

8 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Barwell have signed Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

Should be a good signing at that level considering he’s only 32.

He’s terrible. Watched him earlier this year for Halesowen. Can’t run. Too much weight. 

Barwell severly lack a striker at the moment and that explains why they’ve gone for him.