Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Sounds good. There was another youth keeper we rotated Iversen with. I guess we'll use him and give Jak and Ward the occasional outing in the u23s.

Max Bramley. As mentioned in the Mercury article.

• Like 1

If Hughes, Barnes and Thomas aren't involved in Austria next week then we should be getting them out on loan. They are too good for U23 football and are all in their early 20's so need first team football ASAP. 

I suppose we ought to trust Puel when it comes to giving youth players a chance but I'm surprised if he doesn't think any of these 3 can be in and amount got the squad next season. Get them out in the Championship.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Hughes, Barnes and Thomas aren't involved in Austria next week then we should be getting them out on loan. They are too good for U23 football and are all in their early 20's so need first team football ASAP. 

I suppose we ought to trust Puel when it comes to giving youth players a chance but I'm surprised if he doesn't think any of these 3 can be in and amount got the squad next season. Get them out in the Championship.

Leuven still looking for a creative midfielder. Could Barnes fill that void?

Just now, leuven said:

Leuven still looking for a creative midfielder. Could Barnes fill that void?

Yes he definitely could but he's already shown he's capable of making an impact at Championship level so I'd suspect we'd look to get him at a team looking for promotion there next season. George Thomas would be superb for you who plays RW or number 10.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Barnes is too good for Leuven's League. We should give them someone else.

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Barnes is too good for Leuven's League. We should give them someone else.

Just a thought but maybe vichai's ambition for promotion to the belgian first division might lead him him towards this loan even though the level is a bit lower.

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

A few of the u-23's are in Poland. Does anyone know why?

Playing some friendlies over there..it would be good to know which have gone there and which have joined the first team in Austria. Ndukwu has gone with the first team but not sure on the rest.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Playing some friendlies over there..it would be good to know which have gone there and which have joined the first team in Austria. Ndukwu has gone with the first team but not sure on the rest.

Darnell Johnson and Callum Elder have gone to Austria as well

47 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Josh Knight too judging by the club’s snapchat story.

Really surprised he's overtaken Hughes this summer. Hopefully this will see Hughes loaned out to the Championship to further his development.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Really surprised he's overtaken Hughes this summer. Hopefully this will see Hughes loaned out to the Championship to further his development.

That’s the only thing I can think of. Hughes was on the bench for the last couple of games over Knight last season wasn’t he? 

Given amount of goals he scored from CB for the U23’s, I’d be surprised if a few lower-end championships aren’t looking at him - I could see him at a Barnsley ‘type’ team. Hopefully this is the case. 

4 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

That’s the only thing I can think of. Hughes was on the bench for the last couple of games over Knight last season wasn’t he? 

Given amount of goals he scored from CB for the U23’s, I’d be surprised if a few lower-end championships aren’t looking at him - I could see him at a Barnsley ‘type’ team. Hopefully this is the case. 

Yeah he was, he's either looked doggo in pre-season where as Knight has impressed or they want him to go and get some first team football.

5 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I want to see as many of our U23s loaned out as possible. They need to be playing Championship or League One, depending on their developmental needs. Hopefully Barnes is just the beginning!

I think you do need some sort of stability and an U23's side. Hasn't worked for Chelsea has it. 

42 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think you do need some sort of stability and an U23's side. Hasn't worked for Chelsea has it. 

I suppose not. They have had success selling players, though. Not all will come through to the senior side but those who we have had on loan recently have returned more complete players.

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I suppose not. They have had success selling players, though. Not all will come through to the senior side but those who we have had on loan recently have returned more complete players.

I think it's probably best for players who are too good for the youth side but not good enough for the first team. Barnes a prime example. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Apparently lower league clubs are queueing up to take Hughes on loan, so he will be out 

Maguire, Evans, Benny and Morgan. From what I've hard so far I'd prefer him to be our third choice. But I guess a championship club would give him more minutes.