Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

43 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

Nice! How many packs have you opened? You're club value is unreal!

Had a voucher that I traded in for a gift card, most of what I pulled is based on that.

I'm not going to mention how many doofus packs I opened before Neuer came along. lol

Selling duplicates and contracts helps amassing coins right now - I've sworn to myself that I'm not going to spend the amount of money I did on FIFA 17.

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Had a voucher that I traded in for a gift card, most of what I pulled is based on that.

I'm not going to mention how many doofus packs I opened before Neuer came along. lol

Selling duplicates and contracts helps amassing coins right now - I've sworn to myself that I'm not going to spend the amount of money I did on FIFA 17.

Same here! It's the special pack flash sales that get me every time.

Updated team here with a few new additions:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=NRJ9BO9kTrv:FFA19XBO

There's not much there I'll look to upgrade except for Deulefeu and The Ox so can be happy playing and amassing coins now until the better packs come along.

Just now, General Smuts said:

Same here! It's the special pack flash sales that get me every time.

Updated team here with a few new additions:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=NRJ9BO9kTrv:FFA19XBO

There's not much there I'll look to upgrade except for Deulefeu and The Ox so can be happy playing and amassing coins now until the better packs come along.

Speaking of opening packs, is it me or have EA changed the procedure slightly?

In previous installments you could tell when a big card was part of the pack, paying attention to loading times and the special swooshes.

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. All packs open the same way.

52 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Speaking of opening packs, is it me or have EA changed the procedure slightly?

In previous installments you could tell when a big card was part of the pack, paying attention to loading times and the special swooshes.

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. All packs open the same way.

According to people on YouTube, there's something that happens with the EA Sports logo at the bottom but I don't know exactly what. 

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

If they don’t patch it and pace isn’t relevant then there isn’t gonna be as much interest in new cards as previous years.

What would be the point of paying money for more physical or passing you can find a multitude of these in the game.

I packed Fellani in an SBC and threw him in for a match at cdm and he's like prime Vierra now in '19 lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danny2997 said:

According to people on YouTube, there's something that happens with the EA Sports logo at the bottom but I don't know exactly what. 

2 hours ago, General Smuts said:

I like that you can see the %age chance of pulling certain cards now.

Totally forgot about that feature.

So, the probability of pulling an 84+ rated card is 4.5%, with IFs, OTWs and the likes nearer the 1% mark:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-18-heres-how-pack-odds-disclosures-in-fifa-19-works

EDIT: Odds have slightly decreased since - in the App, it says 3.8% for 83+ rated players.

Edited by MC Prussian

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

If they don’t patch it and pace isn’t relevant then there isn’t gonna be as much interest in new cards as previous years.

What would be the point of paying money for more physical or passing you can find a multitude of these in the game.

A big difference. I've played doubles today with Leicester.. we decided to use Man City and there is a huge difference in playing with them.

Silva is actually playable, Kompany and Otamendi too without having upgrades on them. Mahrez well yeah he's just silly good on here. Its actually nice to be able to play football for once without some sweaty twat pace abusing.

39 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Anybody got tips on making small profits? 

Buy low sell high 

factor in 5 percent per transfer 

sell Vardy at 30000 need to have bought for 28400 to make a pants 100 coins

look to snipe then leave over night for 12 hours 

best to to find a player and get a feel for the prices.

tbh for me I’m not investing anymore before it gets released as the market will fall out on lower rated players that are currently 5-10k etc

but you have at least till tomorrow evening I guess.

i made 125k in a few days on the web app now I’ll just hold on to a few Lacazettes, Rodrigo’s and Vardy and sell on Friday 

also go Lucas Moura for 7k earlier in the week 

Edited by HankMarvin

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Buy low sell high 

tbh for me I’m not investing anymore before it gets released as the market will fall out on lower rated players that are currently 5-10k etc

i made 125k in a few days on the web app now I’ll just hold on to a few Lacazettes, Rodrigo’s and Vardy and sell on Friday 

To add to this ST > CF cards sell high.

Wilf Ndidi sells for a nice price if you can snipe, Richarlison and Alex Texeria how ever you spell his name too. 

Sokratis is another one.

Ignore Sokratis he's gone.

Edited by Ashley

4 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Anybody got tips on making small profits? 

Small profits, then you can grind on the Bronze Pack Method. I’m seeing some immediate small gains plus getting some keepers for later in the year. With more leagues, it will be interesting to see if this method holds up for long. 

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Buy low sell high 

How did you get the first 30k or so? Grinding? Playing loads of games? SBC? 

So I'm having a few of issues trying to get used to this game, if anyone has any advice then it would be much appreciated. 

1. Penalties always go very high no matter how little power I put into them (most go over). Has penalties even changed? I'm confused what this is? Even with 1 bar power my penalties are rifled over the bar. 

2. With it seeming like a more patient and methodical approach to attacking seems to be the way to go now, I'm having trouble with players not offering themselves for passes. Often I am finding myself with no options and having to play a risky long ball despite playing a formation with 5 in midfield. Is this to do with the new custom tactics? Everyone else seems to be tapping around passes with ease and I cant seem to get to the position to be able to do the same. 

3. When defending, I often attempt to make standing tackles with strong players (e.g. Smalling, Sokratis) but the ball just rebounds and stays with the attacker. This has a couple times happened a number of times in a row leading to a goal. So how do I win these 50/50s? 

9 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Small profits, then you can grind on the Bronze Pack Method. I’m seeing some immediate small gains plus getting some keepers for later in the year. With more leagues, it will be interesting to see if this method holds up for long. 

How did you get the first 30k or so? Grinding? Playing loads of games? SBC? 

Through the web app 

starter pack 

then done one sbc the hybrid nations

dint have game yet