Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

You do realise timed shooting is an option? Normal shooting still happens lol.

I just play pro clubs os my guy sucks anyway heh

Speaking of pro clubs, have they buffed goal kicks, because we played a team whose goalkeeper was almost kicking it to our 18 yard box. Conceded twice because nobody expected it and they were all goalhanging lol

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I just play pro clubs os my guy sucks anyway heh

Speaking of pro clubs, have they buffed goal kicks, because we played a team whose goalkeeper was almost kicking it to our 18 yard box. Conceded twice because nobody expected it and they were all goalhanging lol

Since you've said this ive seen 3 videos, seems as though you can do it but from what ive seen they have beem flick ons.

It may sound silly but would offside count if you stuck vardy/aguero on the edge of the opposition box? See i think it would due to fifa mechanics.. obviously it would count in real life.

Hi Guys,

I was really hoping someone may be able to help me with my team strategy settings. I have always played tiki-taki football mixed with fast counter attacks like our guys from the title winning season. Well the pacey counter bit. In Fifa 18, I was a steady division 4 player however in this one I can't seem to get anything right.

When I am trying to break with pace there is no point at the moment as everyone catches you up so that tactic has gone out the window. So that leaves me with tiki-taki which should work fine. However, none of my players make any movement into positions that will help. They constantly run next to an opponent, behind an opponent, into each other and fall over or simply stop their runs just as I pass. It is infuriating as I can't make any space for myself.

So if someone plays a similar way and knows a good bunch of settings so the players think like footballers and do what we expect and need them to then that will be really helpful. I am trying to get into this years game so much but so far it is just annoying the hell out of me. I even keep struggling on semi-pro level!

Also, how precise does the passing need to be and has it got more sensitive than last year as I did 76 passes between my front five and 48 of them were intercepted. However, this may be a side affect of the bad runs or lack of runs into space.

Any help?

Thanks

Gudjy

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Since you've said this ive seen 3 videos, seems as though you can do it but from what ive seen they have beem flick ons.

It may sound silly but would offside count if you stuck vardy/aguero on the edge of the opposition box? See i think it would due to fifa mechanics.. obviously it would count in real life.

No flick ons in our game. Our defenders were in the usual spots for a goalkick and the ball just sailed over them. 

1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hi Guys,

I was really hoping someone may be able to help me with my team strategy settings. I have always played tiki-taki football mixed with fast counter attacks like our guys from the title winning season. Well the pacey counter bit. In Fifa 18, I was a steady division 4 player however in this one I can't seem to get anything right.

When I am trying to break with pace there is no point at the moment as everyone catches you up so that tactic has gone out the window. So that leaves me with tiki-taki which should work fine. However, none of my players make any movement into positions that will help. They constantly run next to an opponent, behind an opponent, into each other and fall over or simply stop their runs just as I pass. It is infuriating as I can't make any space for myself.

So if someone plays a similar way and knows a good bunch of settings so the players think like footballers and do what we expect and need them to then that will be really helpful. I am trying to get into this years game so much but so far it is just annoying the hell out of me. I even keep struggling on semi-pro level!

Also, how precise does the passing need to be and has it got more sensitive than last year as I did 76 passes between my front five and 48 of them were intercepted. However, this may be a side affect of the bad runs or lack of runs into space.

Any help?

Thanks

Gudjy

I play 4312 and have done for the last few years, I was a div 4 player before switching to it and now I get to div 1 fairly easily. Only played one game with it so far this year but I beat a team twice as good as mine. Only player instructions I used were set both strikers to get in behind. Good formation for tiki taka but get a good cam to play the strikers through.

Right now on HUT(NHL19) they have a 4 player pack that has a guaranteed legend in it. 

Cost: 10,000 points which equals about $115 Canadian or 68 GBP.

Just insane, especially since the NHL considers any player that's retired a legend lol

Curious if EA would do the same for FUT.

Edit: I meant 100,000 points.

Edited by spacemunky

36 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Right now on HUT(NHL19) they have a 4 player pack that has a guaranteed legend in it. 

Cost: 10,000 points which equals about $115 Canadian or 68 GBP.

Just insane, especially since the NHL considers any player that's retired a legend lol

Curious if EA would do the same for FUT.

Edit: I meant 100,000 points.

Thing is people would pay it and the pros/youtubers etc would just get better.

Easy money for EA if it happens

6 hours ago, deejdeej said:

I play 4312 and have done for the last few years, I was a div 4 player before switching to it and now I get to div 1 fairly easily. Only played one game with it so far this year but I beat a team twice as good as mine. Only player instructions I used were set both strikers to get in behind. Good formation for tiki taka but get a good cam to play the strikers through.

I must say that does sound good and I want to change it but I have untradeable Rashford on the LW and Lucas on the RW.

it hurts me to drop them.

Why does this game make you have personal attachments to people you have never met?? Lol 

This years FIFA is smashing. not enjoyed an edition this much in a long while. finally its based around skill and tactics and not pace abusing through balls. took a bit of an adjustment but winning way more than i lose now.

Also got the dirty spurs lucas SBC. saving git for an icon trade

• Like 1

I have never bought the game as soon as it came out before and so I reckon that there are a higher percentage of hardcore skilled players on there. I am getting battered every game. Last fella I played had three shots, all from the edge of the area and all went in. I lost 3-0. I reckon the more average players, like myself, will come on later and so I should stick to single player for now. Some people are to good at this. What happened to simple tackle, pass, shoot? I know, I’m a purest. Lol 

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

This years FIFA is smashing. not enjoyed an edition this much in a long while. finally its based around skill and tactics and not pace abusing through balls. took a bit of an adjustment but winning way more than i lose now.

Also got the dirty spurs lucas SBC. saving git for an icon trade

I’m still not fully on board the whole ai defending is worse than it’s ever been and the shooting is so inconsistent, little things like not being able to direct your keeper in the direction you want to play a goal kick is really annoying me at the min as well ?

8 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I’m still not fully on board the whole ai defending is worse than it’s ever been and the shooting is so inconsistent, little things like not being able to direct your keeper in the direction you want to play a goal kick is really annoying me at the min as well ?

yeah the goal kicks bug me too. i rarely use timed shooting unless im in space and at range and then you can real ping it. defensively, think of clubs, its about hold position rather than immediately closing down all the time

11 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I must say that does sound good and I want to change it but I have untradeable Rashford on the LW and Lucas on the RW.

it hurts me to drop them.

Why does this game make you have personal attachments to people you have never met?? Lol 

If you set up your custom tactics in your squad menu you can set the 4312 to your defending or attacking tactic with Rashford at striker and Lucas at CAM and then you just need to swipe left or right on the dpad in game and they will all be on 10 chemistry.

This is my current team below.

I just played another division rivals game with a guy who had a 72 silver CM....I quit at 2-0. I had 1 shot on target and that deflected. His goals came from playing through balls but I again couldn’t get any space at all and 50% of my passes were intercepted. Maybe it is a defending setting so that my defence make big gaps. Not sure how though as I am on default tactics now and we had the same formation.  It has to be to do with tactics somewhere? 

089D34C6-52DF-4428-883D-EB74B09BA641.png

How hard is squad battles this year compared to last! Last year I used to slap Legendary so easily yet this year it seems like they park their whole team on the edge of the box... when you finally do break them down the keeper turns into a brick wall... then they go up he other end and Thunder Cvnt 1 in to the top bins with their 1st shot from 40 yards whilst facing the wrong way ?