Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

How are you guys playing already? Mine isn’t available to download until tomorrow.

is there something I don’t know? 

My ps4 version finished downloading about an hour ago. But actually won't let me now access and play till midnight.

**** that I'm off to bed and maybe late for work.

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

What console are you on?

I figured it out myself to some extent and with the help of some folks on here, as I hadn't had a FIFA in two years. On XBOX, you buy EA's Early Access and then access the game from there in the XBOX menu (probably have to do a pre-order first, though - although I'm not sure about that). 

In any case, Early Access lets you play the game for 10 hours in total before it is actually released.

There's a glitch where you can play the early access for an unlimited amount of time, I must have spent 20/25 hours on it so far in the past few days.

14 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Good to see Connor Tee made it into the game, 82 ovr potential as well!

Is Ndukwu going to be in the squad? Really want to train him up and make him a beast.

Also hoping Maddison has a face scan and it's just not been made available on early access.

Any Leicester players that haven't been scanned, won't be until the next FIFA I'm afraid. The only scans they'll add in now are the promoted teams one Cardiff, Wolves and Fulham.

• Sad 1

Just played my first game and my first impressions were the following. I thought if I put this on here maybe someone will have advise for me.

Firstly what is up with the pace of players?

I have Neymar on loan and he broke through with a ten yard head start, facing the correct direction, with momentum....all four defenders managed to turn around, chase him and catch him. A little unrealistic I thought.

Secondly is the interceptions. 

I must have seen the opponent intercept about 50% of my passes and some of them were such simple short passes. It was insane.

Thirdly the assist thing in game.

I have the annoying white arrows on to show which way you are passing. It used to be the right stick to turn it off by pressing it down but that did nothing.

Any advice guys?

Thanks 

33 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Just played my first game and my first impressions were the following. I thought if I put this on here maybe someone will have advise for me.

Firstly what is up with the pace of players?

I have Neymar on loan and he broke through with a ten yard head start, facing the correct direction, with momentum....all four defenders managed to turn around, chase him and catch him. A little unrealistic I thought.

Secondly is the interceptions. 

I must have seen the opponent intercept about 50% of my passes and some of them were such simple short passes. It was insane.

Thirdly the assist thing in game.

I have the annoying white arrows on to show which way you are passing. It used to be the right stick to turn it off by pressing it down but that did nothing.

Any advice guys?

Thanks 

Yep, EA have screwed with the controls of the game. Again.

Pace isn't as much of an influence any longer, it's more about skills and tactics. I, for one, applaud that, because it prevents pace abusers from gaining an unfair advantage over others. FIFA 14 to 18 were crazily one-sided. FIFA 13 to me was the last proper FIFA were the emphasis was on skill (and team chemistry).

However, as somebody else has already pointed out, it's a bit rich to tone down the FIFA 19 speed differences between a player like Mbappé (fastest in-game) and a defender with 24 pace as much as EA have done now.

The other points you're touching upon are connected - due to the slightly changed control system, passing is more nuanced insofar, as that you have to time passes more than ever, just like with shots. Push the pass button too softly, and the pass will more likely be intercepted.

I only play career mode, and usually with a mate so I'm looking forward to trying it with the new emphasis on tactics and slow build up play, as well as the binning off of the pace advantage in favour of other stats (which in previous years were largely redundant).

Might make for a more interesting game.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I'm looking forward to trying it with the new emphasis on tactics and slow build up play, as well as the binning off of the pace advantage in favour of other stats (which in previous years were largely redundant).

Might make for a more interesting game.

Said nobody ever about Puel’s Leicester side!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Its on the pause menu

Thanks Ian.

I have made a few more observations that may be teething problems, may be in the settings or maybe that the changes this year just don't suit me but perhaps some can help. FYI I have never bought this as it comes out before so I am sure problems are addressed as they find them and the upgrades are sent out.

I have basically had to drop a skill level so that I can compete and am still struggling. I normally play around survival in league four so that is about my level but I think I may be league 10 at the moment.

I cannot get a shot away in time. When I make a pass, even a powerful and quick pass, my player takes too long to drag his lazy leg back and kick the damn ball so he gets tackled. Literally 9 out of 10 times. I will be pressing the button so early soon that I won't have even kicked off.

Selecting players when defending seems to have gone backwards. I was trying with my left stick and left back button and I couldn't for the life of me get my CDM when they were attacking and it constantly gave me players chasing the opponent who were not goal side. They have no hope.

Goal kicks. It seems that this year they are all taken from a behind the keeper view and you players are miles away on the half way line. I can't move the keeper or view around. Just seems I can aim my kick in the general direction and hope for the best. Is this a setting thing? Is there anyway I can set it like it was last year or at least get my players to move around a little and try and lose their marker to help my keeper out?

That is about it at the moment. I have still noticed that with tackling the players seem to be kicking thin air and not a physical object when trying to tackle a player but I have noticed that since about 2008.

Also, is the foul/drag back button in it this year and if so, how do you counter this as it always annoys me when someone does it to you constantly and never gets fouls against them as they let go at the right time. I never understood why Fifa would add a button that is basically cheat, break the rules and ruin the game of football. Luckily, I don't play too many people who live by the foul anymore which is nice.

Any help gratefully received again.

Thanks

James

On 24/09/2018 at 02:21, Leicester_Loyal said:

Finished my first season on career, signed De Ligt from Ajax and he's now 87 OVR, aswell as Donnarumma who's only 20 and 88 OVR. Second season I've signed Cutrone from Milan, sold Maguire to Liverpool for 59m and replaced him with Bailey for 39m. Also signed TAA from Burnley (must have moved from LFC). It looks like your money carries over from one season to the next, as I got 133m for winning the prem.

How did people grow and regress? Really annoys me that Vardy's pace drops so much

28 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

How did people grow and regress? Really annoys me that Vardy's pace drops so much

I only know the Leicester team, my Chillwell went to 78 from 74, Ndidi to 83 from 80, Gray is at 79, Okazaki dropped to 77, and Ricardo went to 83. I may have given Ndidi some training sessions so his natural growth probably won't be 83 after 1 season but 82? I think Vardy has dropped an OVR and gotten a little slower, but Iheancho is currently 81 and a very good player who wins a lot in the air and finishes his chances (again I've given him some training sessions too).

https://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa19/career-mode/players

Here is a list of all the Fifa 19 CM players and their overalls and potentials, but for those of you who don't like to know growth and stats, stay away!

Got Bailly from my CL pack to slot alongside Azpilicueta nicely. And another huge pull in Higuain from my welcome back packs.

Handanovic - 88

Higuain - 88

Azpilicueta - 86

Vidal - 85

Sule - 84

All before the game is even out and I've still not bought a single pack.

I've finished all the SBC's now though so new ones better hurry up.

Left me with the below, having only signed Clyne, Ox, Lingard and Antonio.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=iQhbWBbHTo6:FFA19XBO