Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Some of those ratings are comical. Forever shite on FIFA. Even when we won the league, players barely got a bump up in ratings.

To be fair, when Fifa 17 was released in September '16 we were sinking like a stone! The ratings were probably not far off at that time. I take your point though 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Some of those ratings are comical. Forever shite on FIFA. Even when we won the league, players barely got a bump up in ratings.

12 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

To be fair, when Fifa 17 was released in September '16 we were sinking like a stone! The ratings were probably not far off at that time. I take your point though 

Doing the FUT ratings is a fine line. Can't please all the people all the time, some players do regress, some permanently (most older players), some temporarily (after a poor season or due to injury and a lack of matches). It's only natural.

I'm not overly fussed about ratings - in the end, it's about how the team comes across as a whole. I'd say we're on course for a pretty balanced squad, with more younger or previously poorer players improved, such as Maddison or Chilwell.

Look at the other side, Maguire is an 82, Evans still a 78, Schmeichel starts at 84 OVR. Pereira at 81 is pretty fair - 87 pace FFS!

50 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Yeah, I guess I just look at other teams who boosted for less. Also when you consider we were on a constant upward trajectory for 3 including steamrolling the championship, some of those guys never got better rated.

34 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Doing the FUT ratings is a fine line. Can't please all the people all the time, some players do regress, some permanently (most older players), some temporarily (after a poor season or due to injury and a lack of matches). It's only natural.

I'm not overly fussed about ratings - in the end, it's about how the team comes across as a whole. I'd say we're on course for a pretty balanced squad, with more younger or previously poorer players improved, such as Maddison or Chilwell.

Look at the other side, Maguire is an 82, Evans still a 78, Schmeichel starts at 84 OVR. Pereira at 81 is pretty fair - 87 pace FFS!

Of course you can't be Vardy not being in the best 100 players in the world is a bit silly.

Maguire's is fair based on last year and the world cup; his pace is only 47 and he's not that slow. Ricardo got downgraded because he moved to us which is pretty standard. Again, his pace is a fair rating and Chilwell's is only 76?! 

I think it's the fact that a decent prem player should be 78/79 and guys like Albrighton, Shinji, Iheanacho and even Simpson & Morgan are way below that.

I'm more about Career Mode and seasons so decent potential would be nice because there's a lot in there that should have some good growth.

8 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Of course you can't be Vardy not being in the best 100 players in the world is a bit silly.

Maguire's is fair based on last year and the world cup; his pace is only 47 and he's not that slow. Ricardo got downgraded because he moved to us which is pretty standard. Again, his pace is a fair rating and Chilwell's is only 76?! 

I think it's the fact that a decent prem player should be 78/79 and guys like Albrighton, Shinji, Iheanacho and even Simpson & Morgan are way below that.

I'm more about Career Mode and seasons so decent potential would be nice because there's a lot in there that should have some good growth.

That comes with the hype surrounding the league - Simpson's been on a 75 and given the fact that he's played little in recent months, no way is his rating going up. It'll stay the same if he's lucky.

Morgan at age 34 doesn't deserve a 78 card, sorry. He'll be silver or gone any time soon.

With regards to Vardy, I'm sure he'll get an IF sooner than later this season. And who knows - even an upgrade into the season is possible.

It was released at 6pm for Xbox One.

I played four matches, didn't think much too it tbh. There seems to be hardly anything different at all, it literally feels like exactly the same game, for the first time ever I can't list anything major that's different. In previous versions there were subtle differences to the gameplay, but I didn't notice this today. However, the design and the non important things seemed to have changed, such as the CL games and the crowd noises.

Very disappointed.

Leicester ratings are out - Maddison a 75, Gray and Chilwell a 76, Simpson degraded to a 74 OVR with 60 (!) pace. lol

https://www.futhead.com/19/clubs/leicester-city/

A 75 OVR is rather harsh on Iheanacho, but there's now tons of room for improvement. Hope he gets a OTW, or else a few IFs will do.

Last year I felt a difference but this year just feels like the exact same game. Good to see the Alex Hunter mode is as shit as ever "Oh let me mum design my brand logo blud. It's gonna be great fam I swear". And a shout out to Anton, new Real Madrid coach. 

Still gonna buy it and still gonna play the journey.

51 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Tactics will be the key in winning games in this. 

Pace has been nerfed so it seems and youll need to be celver about how you win games.

They've been far too heavy handed with pace in my opinion. I've played about 15 games of the demo and not once have I seen a winger burn away from a defender, and that's including the likes of Mbappe, Sterling and Martial. Fine if they're just running into space but as soon as they get the ball at their feet the full-back catches them every single time.

Shame as the rest of the game seems fine. I like the slower, more methodical feel in general but it feels as though passing your way through is the only option.

On 14/08/2018 at 15:35, HankMarvin said:

Defenders are op, forwards feel like they struggle to sprint past them

Momentum is clearer in the game as it seems more obvious when the pendulum shifts as you cant pass 5 yards 

Feels a lot slower

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Pace has been nerfed so it seems and youll need to be celver about how you win games.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

They've been far too heavy handed with pace in my opinion. I've played about 15 games of the demo and not once have I seen a winger burn away from a defender, and that's including the likes of Mbappe, Sterling and Martial. Fine if they're just running into space but as soon as they get the ball at their feet the full-back catches them every single time.

Shame as the rest of the game seems fine. I like the slower, more methodical feel in general but it feels as though passing your way through is the only option.

That’s how the Beta was, be Interesting to see how it turns out, as most of the time people are upgrading to better faster players - but what is the point if they offer nothing different to mid range players.

Still undecided if I’ll bother this year, losing divisions and the gameplay has made me reluctant. 

Also couldnt stand the Scottish commentator on Champions league mode on the Beta

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

We say this every year, occasionally it's true, but then goes back to pace being very important in the next game.

Or, the other alternatve which normally happens is the pace is increased in the actual game, or in a gameplay update in a couple of months.

I genuinely wish there was a different decent football game, I'm not keen on PES.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We say this every year, occasionally it's true, but then goes back to pace being very important in the next game.

Or, the other alternatve which normally happens is the pace is increased in the actual game, or in a gameplay update in a couple of months.

I genuinely wish there was a different decent football game, I'm not keen on PES.

Correct we have seen tendencies but hopefully this time it is different. EA have took a battering this year and i think.. well I'd like to think they've made changes.