Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

I can't even get lucky at this game when I'm being nice. **** sakes. 

Make a full bronze squad and call it free win, decide to give away my last game as I can't get any higher. 

Of course I get drawn against the aidsiest credit card P2W squad I've ever seen. Both Ronaldos, one prime, the other OTW. First time I've seen ant version of R9 in this game. Stacked. 

I give him the own goal and he runs to the corner, does the full CR7 celebration and tries to watch the whole replay (before I remember I can skip ogs) 

Preceeds to not bother saying thank you. 

Kinda makes me wish I'd dragged it out and made him play the full 90.

Edited by Finnegan

I can’t find the posts, but I could have sworn I saw at least one person write here that it’s better to play vs Legendary in Squad Battles than World Class (or even Professional). From my anecdotal experience, I’ve had better games, and the extra points are worth it. I should be locked in to Elite 2 this week.

I had a lot of ridiculous games (5-3s, 6-4s and the like) earlier this week, but the gameplay has settled down and now resembles the actual sport a little closer.

I’m playing 4-2-2-2, sending my FBs forward, playing wide and having one of my CDMs (Javi Martinez, or CL Naby Keita into a CDM with my fitness team) stay back while attacking, so it’s like I’m in a 3-5-2 with the ball. I’m also being careful to not let that CDM allow opposing CMs to run past him when I’m defending. I feel like this is a better formation in SB and not in DR, where decent players would kill me if they get quickly beyond my FBs.

My strike partnership is Cavani (target man) and Depay (set him to get in behind), and I love this! Memphis has 26 goals and 7 assists in 39 games, and I use Cavani often to make that final pass; he’s got 18 goals and 17 assists.

Im playing with:

(A) Oblak; Marcos Alonso, Nacho Fernandes, Pepe, Ricardo; Illaramendi, Javi Martinez, Kroos, Isco; Depay, Cavani 

(B) Alisson; Jonny, Sokratis, CL Felipe, Bellerin; Jorginho, CL Keita, Eriksen, Alli; Vardy, Lacazette

My final player is Rodrigo, who I’ll put in at striker to link up with my Spanish/La Liga players as a sub (esp if I’m changing formations).

7 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Stopped on 14 wins, just cba with the BS. Messi outjumping Koulibaly for a 90th minute winner in my last game.

Exactly why I stopped playing years ago. Played over 1000 games on pro clubs, got into top 50 defenders in the world, with a 5'5 defender who outjumped 6'7 strikers every time. Stats in this game are meaningless. 

It’s probably a good thing to have a few badges and kits on the transfer list to pick up some loose change. I mean, you probably only need just the one badge and two, maybe three kits. 

Of course, it’s nice when “buy a kit” is in the daily objectives, and nicer still when you get a big team’s kit. There are also odd ones that people seem to like (I picked up some decent coinage on SPAL’s away kit).

But if you want to keep a steady trickle of coins, find the badges and kits for teams whose fans have a disproportionately high level of local, regional or ethnic pride.

That means your Old Firm stuff is going on the transfer list.

Olympiacos, Panathanaikos... that will sell.

Chivas and Club America will go.

Anything I unpack from the Turkish Super Lig goes up for sale immediately. 

Dalkurd’s badge and kits are guaranteed movers.

Also, consider putting your J-League stuff up for sale because people love that shit (the crazier the kit, the better). I’ve only kept my Kawasaki Frontale away because I used to have that as my default away kit... I kinda like it.

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Thinking about quitting Weekend League altogether.

This just isn't fun anymore. lol

That's why I enjoy these weekends when I fail to qualify. I like rivals better and you get a nice variety of teams with the people not in the WL.

But of course I'll get my 2000 points and be back in next weekend so I can get my 8 wins and my shit player pick lol

33 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

That's why I enjoy these weekends when I fail to qualify. I like rivals better and you get a nice variety of teams with the people not in the WL.

But of course I'll get my 2000 points and be back in next weekend so I can get my 8 wins and my shit player pick lol

See, I was 6-5 up again in terms of wins, then lose the next four, win two, lose three, win one, lose three, win one, lose three, win one.

11 wins again.

Struggling keeping that record up, I really do. :sweating:

Had such a streaky WL this weekend it's crazy. Scraped Silver 1 with 5 games to spare and couldn't be bothered trying to get Gold 3.

Has anyone else noticed button delay and lag since the latest patch? Pre-patch, gameplay felt so much smoother. Now, it feels as though around 50% of my fake shots or timed finesses aren't registering.

I had some really odd games this weekend.

Things that I've noticed:

- In some games, gameplay is/was sped up, a very weird experience

- Button delay does exist, too many of my button inputs simply did not register at first attempt, that includes passes and shots on goal - I can't count the amount of times I opted for a powerful shot, only for it to turn out of the weak kind and going straight at the opposing goalkeeper

- The game also fvcks with your directional inputs - you can try and pass the ball in the direction you want, but the game sometimes decides it won't do that (plenty of YouTube videos available on that subject)

- It's harder to score from corners in Weekend League compared to other game modes (single season, Squad Battles) - for some reason, the ball gets a more unnatural bend when you kick it

- It's still very likely that you'll score in the opening minutes of each half, towards the very end of a match and after having just conceded

- Having said that, it's also more likely you'll concede a goal right after having scored ^_^

- Playing with Neymar wins means whomever's using him automatically wins

- If the game engine decides you're supposed to lose, you'll lose

- If the game engine decides you're supposed to win, you'll win

All in all, I've read somewhere that a guy from EA Sports was quoted not so long ago that it all adds to the "experience" and that it is deliberate, adding an element of chance in order to make more (or all) matches somewhat unpredictable. Everybody is affected by this, I've seen videos of pros struggling. So, it's not simply about how good you are, but more so how good the game lets you be.

On a sidenote, how do I get rid of player numbers shown above each player's head during a game? It's a bit distracting.

This seems to be a new thing, replacing the user name (I can sort of see why EA did that).

Edited by MC Prussian

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I can't even get lucky at this game when I'm being nice. **** sakes. 

Make a full bronze squad and call it free win, decide to give away my last game as I can't get any higher. 

Of course I get drawn against the aidsiest credit card P2W squad I've ever seen. Both Ronaldos, one prime, the other OTW. First time I've seen ant version of R9 in this game. Stacked. 

I give him the own goal and he runs to the corner, does the full CR7 celebration and tries to watch the whole replay (before I remember I can skip ogs) 

Preceeds to not bother saying thank you. 

Kinda makes me wish I'd dragged it out and made him play the full 90.

I was 20-6 yesterday so I played to see if I could get elite 3. Lost the first two so I thought i'd do the same as you and give my other two away. Didn't bother using a bronze team, just used my full team

I scored an own goal and the lad decided to run away shushing and dabbing.

Thought I'm not having that so I stayed in the game and beat him 3-1

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Has anyone else noticed button delay and lag since the latest patch? Pre-patch, gameplay felt so much smoother. Now, it feels as though around 50% of my fake shots or timed finesses aren't registering.

I've heard a lot of people saying the same.

Has anyone noticed the patches only seem to be relivent for a week or so? Seems like ai abuse is massively back and manual defending has yet again gone to pot!

after suggesting I’d have a few weeks off I was sucked back in again this weekend.... stopped on 14/5 after my last game Courtois picked up a through ball not really under any pressure and as he stood up decided to do so outside the box... my opponent gets a free kick and bags direct from it to get the win lol crap like this just shouldn’t happen as I had zero control over it! The game is the worst instalment I’ve played in years the introduction of timed finishing has turned it into a total shambles #FinesseCity

Anyone else having sometimes difficulty with the "A" button (XBOX One) input in the SBC menu and when trying to apply contract, fitness or Chemistry cards or the likes?

Occasionally, the game won't recognize my command and doesn't do anything. I then have to exit Ultimate Team and re-enter and it works fine again.

Also, and this is a side issue - by now, I have pretty much found all Gold managers. Thing is, when I try and browse Silver and Bronze managers (trying to swap your Gold manager for one of these, don't ask why), the game won't let you browse all your managers! My list includes a few Silver managers, and that's it - doesn't go any further than that. lol

Edited by MC Prussian

31 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Anyone else having sometimes difficulty with the "A" button (XBOX One) input in the SBC menu and when trying to apply contract, fitness or Chemistry cards or the likes?

Occasionally, the game won't recognize my command and doesn't do anything. I then have to exit Ultimate Team and re-enter and it works fine again.

Same thing happens on PS4.