Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cv6 fox

Mobile data at KP Stadium?

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think the fact that not one of the people that were there stuck their hand up is pretty telling mate. 

In what way? Those 17 aren't a significant representation of the 31/32 thousand people attending the game.

All 17 could be those who don't use their phone at all

Just now, AKCJ said:

Not really sure why anyone would vote against it? Unless there's some big cost that comes with it.

What's the downside of having better access to internet?

Minus the issue with betting and probably a few people on their phones more, very little  

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Minus the issue with betting and probably a few people on their phones more, very little  

How are either of them issues though?
The club actively promotes betting and this is 2018, most people have mobile phones that they want to use.

Just now, AKCJ said:

How are either of them issues though?
The club actively promotes betting and this is 2018, most people have mobile phones that they want to use.

Something about getting and the speed of broadcasters or betting sites updating compared to those in the ground with a quicker speed.

But I completely agree with you, the 0 votes is quite frankly ridiculous to me. 

Screenshot_20180820-131905.png

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Something about getting and the speed of broadcasters or betting sites updating compared to those in the ground with a quicker speed.

But I completely agree with you, the 0 votes is quite frankly ridiculous to me. 

Screenshot_20180820-131905.png

Ah I see, I thought you meant the problem of more people having a gambling problem.

That's a genuine concern to be fair.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Ah I see, I thought you meant the problem of more people having a gambling problem.

That's a genuine concern to be fair.

But that issue is something that should be able to be fixed or sorted given the technology available. In theory you could suspend betting on a game for like 30 seconds when a goal goes in by having a person at the game. The issue is fixable, would just take some work by several parties 

9 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I don't know how quick in play is but I suppose the main concern would be being able to bet on a game in front of yet, I might be wide of the mark here but im sure the wifi at the horse racing is slow too.

What's wrong with that, surely no-one votes against something where they can make money

33 minutes ago, AjcW said:

In what way?

If there was significant demand for it surely at least one of the 17 would have put their hand up? The FCC is taken from a pretty decent cross section of the support from what I've seen in the past. If people want it that bad, maybe they can put themselves forward for the FCC, attend in their free time and suggest it for discussion again :) 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If there was significant demand for it surely at least one of the 17 would have put their hand up? The FCC is taken from a pretty decent cross section of the support from what I've seen in the past. If people want it that bad, maybe they can put themselves forward for the FCC, attend in their free time and suggest it for discussion again :) 

I don't see how you can suggest there isn't significant demand for it based on the opinion of 17 people.

Surely there's a better way of understanding the needs of the supporters?

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I don't see how you can suggest there isn't significant demand for it based on the opinion of 17 people.

Surely there's a better way of understanding the needs of the supporters?

17 isn't an insignificant number imo. Say 50% in the ground want it, you'd expect that to roughly equate to 50% of people in the FCC wanting it by law of averages. The fact that not a single person put their hand up indicates to me that demand is insignificant. 

Anyway, I'm not that fussed to discuss it in too much detail. Like I say, there are plenty of chances for people to get in front of the club and ask for it to get discussed again, the FCC and Your 90 Minutes sessions specifically. 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm not meaning to generalise too much, but the people who tend to have time to attend these meetings are similar to the people who have time to attend council meetings or village meetings lol 

To be honest it's 2018 and fan forums should be hosted online via webinars where attendees can vote there and then.

They'd get thousands of people involved then, AKA a better representation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

http://foxestrust.co.uk/6469/lcfc-fans-consultative-committee-meeting-30-05-18-part-three 

Here we go, did some digging. They voted against having any 4G at the stadium. The "invaluable feedback" makes me think they won't bring this up or think of implementing it for a while.

I was actually quite annoyed about this when I read it, lots of people like using or checking things on 4G during games and struggle due to the lack of signal. 

Screenshot_20180820-131905.thumb.png.a5ea56b25039f1114a391ee7256e039b.png

Thanks. That’s a real disappointment and shows the FCC might be out of touch with the world today. I can understand not wanting people sitting on their phones all match but pre-match, halftime and full time is perfectly acceptable and honestly if you’re at a game and are texting during the match you need your head sorted because you’re paying to see the game!

It’s frustrating not being able to see the scores at full time or call your friends and family in the ground, especially when plans to meet post match might change.