Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Remember Kember

Fans Who Leave Games Early

36 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

If you see a topic that you’ve seen many times before, and therefore doesn’t interest you, you can always just ignore it.  I can’t see the need to be nasty, 

Who said I was being nasty? I was being harmlessly sarcastic. Check the rest of the first page for similarly sarcastic comments from others. No reason to pick mine out of the lot and make an absurd claim of it being nasty.

It is poor. I get it that some fans come on the train and a lot want to beat traffic, but I agree it's becoming more regular.

One thing I have noticed though is since I moved from the top of SK1 to L1, how quickly I got out of the ground on Saturday. Would literally have to sit around for 15 minutes after the final whistle before the staircases started moving. That said, I wouldn't swap seeing Maguire's equaliser v United for any amount of time saved on my journey home or worse, into town.

Edited by RonnieTodger

29 minutes ago, Droo33 said:

It’s like walking off the golf course after 14 holes, really don’t see the point unless you have to be somewhere!?!

It's really not though is it. To use your analogy... It's like walking off after finishing the 17th hole, to try avoid the mass rush of queuing/waiting in the club house as 32,000 finish their round at the same time, and also trying to avoid getting stuck in traffic exiting the club house car park...

I don't leave early btw.. Just felt compelled to tweak your analogy :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It's really not though is it. To use your analogy... It's like walking off after finishing the 17th hole, to try avoid the mass rush of queuing/waiting in the club house as 32,000 finish their round at the same time, and also trying to avoid getting stuck in traffic exiting the club house car park...

I don't leave early btw.. Just felt compelled to tweak your analogy :thumbup:

Its how early some leave  3 minutes before the  90th and as saturday  there was 6 minutes injury time they missed 9 minutes 10%  of the game  why come at all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Does it honestly matter if fans choose to leave early? Last time I checked there was no contractual obligation in staying for the whole game. Some people may have other commitments or needs/desires to go early.

No one's disputing that, but you can't seriously tell me thousands of people have better places to be at 5pm on a Saturday - often when the game's in the balance?

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Does it honestly matter if fans choose to leave early? Last time I checked there was no contractual obligation in staying for the whole game. Some people may have other commitments or needs/desires to go early.

Yup the most obvious and valid reasons sound unreasonable to a majority of these miserable bastards on here.

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

No one's disputing that, but you can't seriously tell me thousands of people have better places to be at 5pm on a Saturday - often when the game's in the balance?

Thousands? The only time you see Thousands walk out is on the back of a bad result in which I do not blame people for leaving early. 

The odd few on a regular match day... yes totally plausible, perhaps they want to beat the rush, get a quick beer, catch a train etc.

Thousands? The only time you see Thousands walk out is on the back of a bad result in which I do not blame people for leaving early. 

The odd few on a regular match day... yes totally plausible, perhaps they want to beat the rush, get a quick beer, catch a train etc.

That's more important even if the game is close? It never used to be until the last year or two...

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

There have been many occasions over the past couple of seasons where at least 3,000 people have left before the final whistle.

Those who leave 5-10 minutes early at the end is understandable, particularly so for those with younger kids and for night matches, as it can genuinely make a huge difference to travel times. I'll never do it unless absolutely necessary, but each to their own.

What baffles me is the people who seem to spend less than half the match in their seats. For the last few games I've been to, every time I'm sat near people who leave after around 35-40 minutes, come back 5-10 minutes after kickoff, then leave entirely with 10-15 minutes to go. Why even bother? Fairly sure some of those are ST holders as well which, as someone whos missed out the last couple seasons (inc. this one), is particularly irritating...

Guest MattP

It shows how "first World problems" have now even entered into parts of the football crowd and it's just a sign of the times.

Traffic problems etc used to be just part of the day, you stayed until the end unless it was something like 0-3 then many did leave. You went to grounds even though you feared violence, you made the effort to go away in some often disgusting conditions. People are just either a bit softer or so prepared for comfort they would rather leave early to get it, they will happily miss a part of the game for that in 2018.

Expect to see more and more of it, I noticed towards the end of last season there were loads of empty seats even at grounds like Old Trafford as they had nothing to play for, clearly season ticket holders who just couldn't be bothered to make the effort.

It may be to some people yes

Then why even go in the first place? If you're more arsed about a pint or not sitting in your car for a bit (didn't listening to the Sports Report theme tune or the moan-in used to be part of the fun?) than celebrating last-minute winners/equalisers, then just stay at home or go to the pub. You're clearly wasting your money spending it on football tickets.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

It shows how "first World problems" have now even entered into parts of the football crowd and it's just a sign of the times.

Traffic problems etc used to be just part of the day, you stayed until the end unless it was something like 0-3 then many did leave. You went to grounds even though you feared violence, you made the effort to go away in some often disgusting conditions. People are just either a bit softer or so prepared for comfort they would rather leave early to get it, they will happily miss a part of the game for that in 2018.

Expect to see more and more of it, I noticed towards the end of last season there were loads of empty seats even at grounds like Old Trafford as they had nothing to play for, clearly season ticket holders who just couldn't be bothered to make the effort.

Spot on. What have you got to do at 6pm on a Saturday that you can't do at 6.30pm instead?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

There have been many occasions over the past couple of seasons where at least 3,000 people have left before the final whistle.

If you're referring to periods where we have performed badly, not looked as though we could get anything out of a game and generally get beat then yes I know of those occasions. 

Personally I stay but I also appreciate to some people a Season Ticket is a lot of money, if they don't want to watch anymore that's up to them. I can think of a few occasions last season where I ended up just staying down in the concourse and having a few beers.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Then why even go in the first place? If you're more arsed about a pint or not sitting in your car for a bit (didn't listening to the Sports Report theme tune or the moan-in used to be part of the fun?) than celebrating last-minute winners/equalisers, then just stay at home or go to the pub. You're clearly wasting your money spending it on football tickets.

You're making generalisations here, if people have had enough of performances and leave early that's up to them... that does not mean they necessarily don't enjoy football at all. What you're doing is enforcing some sort of football elitist view.

• Like 1

You're making generalisations here, if people have had enough of performances and leave early that's up to them... that does not mean they necessarily don't enjoy football at all. What you're doing is enforcing some sort of football elitist view.

No, I'm specifically having a go for people who leave for the reasons I've stated in the context in which I've stated - which you've admitted they do. If people "have had enough" when the result of the game is still up for grabs, then they're clearly not that bothered about a) Leicester or b) football are they?

No, I'm specifically having a go for people who leave for the reasons I've stated in the context in which I've stated - which you've admitted they do. If people "have had enough" when the result of the game is still up for grabs, then they're clearly not that bothered about a) Leicester or b) football are they?

So what? People leave early instead of staying to watch us get a pasting... it's their money and it's up to them, they pay the money for that right. I remember the year we won the championship we played Brighton at home and were losing with people walking out, I'm not exactly going to make them stay am I.

Generally if it's a night game and the game has "concluded" then I'll leave minutes before the whistle so I don't end up getting back at 11pm.

So what? People leave early instead of staying to watch us get a pasting... it's their money and it's up to them, they pay the money for that right. I remember the year we won the championship we played Brighton at home and were losing with people walking out, I'm not exactly going to make them stay am I.

Generally if it's a night game and the game has "concluded" then I'll leave minutes before the whistle so I don't end up getting back at 11pm.

FFS, read what I said - I didn't say "when we're getting a pasting" did I? I've already admitted I left Palace away early last season. I said in instances where the game is still in the balance and we're pushing for a winner or an equaliser - there are still people walking out in their droves in those instances, which is weird behaviour.

FFS, read what I said - I didn't say "when we're getting a pasting" did I? I've already admitted I left Palace away early last season. I said in instances where the game is still in the balance and we're pushing for a winner or an equaliser - there are still people walking out in their droves in those instances, which is weird behaviour.

Read what I said, who cares it's none of your business.

15 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

If you're referring to periods where we have performed badly, not looked as though we could get anything out of a game and generally get beat then yes I know of those occasions. 

Personally I stay but I also appreciate to some people a Season Ticket is a lot of money, if they don't want to watch anymore that's up to them. I can think of a few occasions last season where I ended up just staying down in the concourse and having a few beers.

No, many more games spring to mind including when we beat Watford 3-0 in 2016-17 to mathematically secure our premier league status for another season after it had looked under threat only recently before. I just remember thinking 'why have so many left?', we've just moved up to 9th at the time and managed to avoid a catastrophic season. It was just so bizarre to me.