Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Remember Kember

Fans Who Leave Games Early

Just now, Fox92 said:

Inconsistency for me. I mean, away from home I think we take decent numbers but we just ain't that good vocally. And that's coming from someone who likes away games better than home games.

I see teams such as Cardiff and fans are standing up on the bottom row when they're 4-0 down. Never seen anyone stand up at the front in a long time. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Inconsistency for me. I mean, away from home I think we take decent numbers but we just ain't that good vocally. And that's coming from someone who likes away games better than home games.

Its always difficult trying to get tickets being not too high up in the points standings, we do take some decent numbers.

What really annoys me is some of the people that criticise those who travel, sit down and maybe don't scream their heart out. 

Just now, Goober said:

Our support is shite and it's not going to change anytime soon. The lack of pride shown in supporting the team by the vast majority is crap. 

No. Shite support is not turning up at all. We regularly put 32k into the ground and fill away ends.

No, we aren't the most vocal fans but hopefully that improve as performances do.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Oh yeah I know. We have some older fans so okay fair play they aren't going to stand. I never try and get near the front for this reason. At Southampton away the other week I was there where everyone sits but I'm not willing to stand up in the area just because I want to. I respect people that sit or stand, the biggest criticism for me is when people don't make any noise apart from booing the team/manager.

I totally agree, remember once incident at Wembley in the charity shield, there was one area people mainly sitting apart from one individual at the front, when asked by an older couple to sit down he told them to "efff off" I mean what's all that about.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If fans want to leave early it's up to them, it's nobody business. 

Going to blame anyone lets blame CrossCountry for a shite service ;)

It's frustrating though when they block the aisles or when you have to get up for them when you're trying to watch the game and the view becomes blocked. Sometimes they won't even wait til there's a break in play which would be somewhat more tolerable. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Goober said:

I'd rather have an half empty ground with the majority getting behind the team than a packed ground, 90% of which couldn't give a toss and would rather boo than get behind the lads. The negative energy throughout our support is unreal - and I mean fairplay if what we're seeing is absolute dirge, say we're midtable in the championship losing at home to the likes of Reading, but we're sitting very pretty at the minute whether you like Puel or not.

I know full well that we're capable - the great escape, 15/16 and the champions league nights proved that time and time again. But right now, on the whole, we're embarrassing.

I agree about the negative toss people throw around, if you've paid to turn up you may as well put some passion into it. The sad thing for us is we do fill the ground yet large amounts of people don't care, or do we care too much(?)

I get infuriated with people around me who are on their phone or give me weird look when I'm shouting them on. Just get annoyed with people slagging off our support, we are a lot better than many filling our ground for a first. A good portion of negative buggers but ya know what can you do 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I totally agree, remember once incident at Wembley in the charity shield, there was one area people mainly sitting apart from one individual at the front, when asked by an older couple to sit down he told them to "efff off" I mean what's all that about.   

I think I can answer that... 

52 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If fans want to leave early it's up to them, it's nobody business. 

Going to blame anyone lets blame CrossCountry for a shite service ;)

Well it’s annoying for those of us who sit near an aisle where the internal stairwells begin. Can’t see the pitch. 

As a user of that CrossCountry service, it’s generally fine on every matchday. Including the midweek games 

As a family man, match days are always tough (I live more than 100 miles from leics). That said, I always try and stay till the end, but on occasions have had to leave early due to family commitments. I see arguments on both sides. What does piss me off is ppl loitering and choosing to leave when in play. Choose a break for God sake and leave quickly (and perhaps say thanks to those who have to get up to let you out).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Oh yeah I know. We have some older fans so okay fair play they aren't going to stand. I never try and get near the front for this reason. At Southampton away the other week I was there where everyone sits but I'm not willing to stand up in the area just because I want to. I respect people that sit or stand, the biggest criticism for me is when people don't make any noise apart from booing the team/manager.

You should have moved to the back row against Saints. We had bags of space to STAND in, even though me and wife are officially old. Yesterday I had a ticket for SK2, but still managed to stand at the back of SK1. Basically, your ticket is just an entrance, once you are in  go where you want - well, it works for "someone I know"  anyway.

Edited by steveherbe
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Not related to leaving early, but woman behind me likes to put her foot on the back of my seat. I have on occasions sat back with some gusto, but now thinking of having a word. Dam rude if you ask me. On a par with those dirty buggers who put feet up on train seats.

ask her if she wants to pay for half your seat if she's using it as a footrest, either that or just stand up.