Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Remember Kember

Fans Who Leave Games Early

19 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Been crap for a while, I’m a big believer in what happens on the pitch affects the atmosphere, and visa versa, a negative crowd affects the players.

The football on the pitch has become slow, and mundane, and safe, which has bored the terraces, we are a team and style in transition, the fans just need to adapt and forget the fast counter attacking football, and just create some noise.

I think the comments re support are overdone. I can honestly say I hardly hear the away fans  and we are one of the few grounds where home support is louder. I have been to Anfield  quite a few times and although it is heresy to say been surprised how quiet on occasions. Grounds like Old Trafford  and Arsenal are far worseand we are as good as anywhere apart from possiblly Stoke old ground  Crystal Palace  and of course Millwall.

51 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I always leave a little early and with consideration and at an opportune moment.

Makes it easier for those fortunate to be able to stay till the end as not so many people left.

I leave out of necessity not because the football sadly lacks energy and excitement

This makes my head hurt to read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I always leave a little early and with consideration and at an opportune moment.

Makes it easier for those fortunate to be able to stay till the end as not so many people left.

I leave out of necessity not because the football sadly lacks energy and excitement

Is it because you car turns into a pumpkin on the stroke of 6pm or something? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I think the comments re support are overdone. I can honestly say I hardly hear the away fans  and we are one of the few grounds where home support is louder. I have been to Anfield  quite a few times and although it is heresy to say been surprised how quiet on occasions. Grounds like Old Trafford  and Arsenal are far worseand we are as good as anywhere apart from possiblly Stoke old ground  Crystal Palace  and of course Millwall.

There is no getting away from it, the atmosphere been poor for a while.

I stand/ sit in l1, and it’s like people can’t be bothered to turn up, let alone sing, and we was better than a lot of grounds, when we was doing well, see old atmosphere threads prior to that, the atmosphere has been an issue since we moved.

Anfield, old Trafford are over hyped, against the smaller clubs like us, don’t think they bother, but seems ok on derby days, or European nights.

On a parting note, don’t know who the bloke is on the drum in l1 now, but it’s hard to get an atmosphere going, please don’t just beat **** out of the drum, it’s getting annoying 

I don't think we're much different to most fanbases now, the downside of all the safety/gentrification of the game for the more well-off is that there are fewer people attracted to games that want to let rip and support vocally. I guess the upside is that there is less aggro.

I've tried to word this carefully so people don't think I'm saying noisy/vocal = violent. I'm not, I like to sing at games, but I am mindful that 'atmosphere' in the past was often linked with territorial stuff and the potential for trouble too.

Just come across this topic. As the OP mentions, it happens at Brighton all the time and drives us fans who remain mad. The same reasons as on here are trotted out.

Last Saturday at home we were losing 0-2 to Spurs. 15 minutes to go and the ground started to empty. Albion were coming back into the game and your old mate Knockaert scored. 1-2. We were really going for it until the end and AK nearly scored the equaliser in last seconds.

So many fans missed the most exciting part of the match. I just don't get it. Looked embarrassing on MOTD to see the empty seats after it was a sell out match..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Appreciate people have their reasons to leave early, but to all those who crowded the stair case at the end(80 mins+), why? If you've started to leave, leave, rather than crowding the stairs area and blocking people's views. 

I hate when peeps do that, really annoys me when they just stop and get in quite a few peeps view of play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Appreciate people have their reasons to leave early, but to all those who crowded the stair case at the end(80 mins+), why? If you've started to leave, leave, rather than crowding the stairs area and blocking people's views.

Leaving on 80 minutes is just bonkers. Beating the traffic or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

I hate when peeps do that, really annoys me when they just stop and get in quite a few peeps view of play.

Especially in the family end, lot of small kids and elderly over here. I appreciate people need to leave early, but to crowd stair area is a pain, and bloody unsafe 

• Like 1