Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Remember Kember

Fans Who Leave Games Early

Has anyone else noticed the increasing trend of people leaving matches early sometimes as much as 15 minutes before full time.

Whilst it is understandable if we are losing say 3-0 ( but still inexcusable) these people are doing when we are winning i.e. last Saturday.

I've seen some supporters arrive at 3.15pm and leave at 4.35pm!!!

No one leaves the cinema early even when you know the ending so why do it at a football match.

It isn't even just at the Kingpower I noticed loads of empty seats on TV on Sunday at Brighton despite the fact they were leading Man Utd 3-1. Unbelievable.

The other annoying aspect is that they slowly walk down the aisles like a player when he is being substituted hence blocking the view for those supporters who have chosen to stay to support the team.

I'm certain some people would be happy taking a photo as the teams come out to show they are at the ground and then leaving without watching the match at all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Remember Kember said:

Has anyone else noticed the increasing trend of people leaving matches early sometimes as much as 15 minutes before full time.

Whilst it is understandable if we are losing say 3-0 ( but still inexcusable) these people are doing when we are winning i.e. last Saturday.

I've seen some supporters arrive at 3.15pm and leave at 4.35pm!!!

No one leaves the cinema early even when you know the ending so why do it at a football match.

It isn't even just at the Kingpower I noticed loads of empty seats on TV on Sunday at Brighton despite the fact they were leading Man Utd 3-1. Unbelievable.

The other annoying aspect is that they slowly walk down the aisles like a player when he is being substituted hence blocking the view for those supporters who have chosen to stay to support the team.

I'm certain some people would be happy taking a photo as the teams come out to show they are at the ground and then leaving without watching the match at all

There are a number of individual reasons why some may leave early - I imagine the biggest one is to avoid getting stuck in traffic if parked close to the ground. 

Can't say it bothers me. I'm too focused on the game and got used to standing up to let people past years ago. Just part of it, and will never change. 

2 minutes ago, Gforce19 said:

Arrive late , leave early , go down to the concourse 5 mins before half time then arrive back from half time 5 mins late , add into this not singing , not cheering , staring at people trying to get behind the team, and then refusing to allow people in front of them to stand up when we attack let alone during the game.

Making holes in flags to see through them despite knowing they have taken hours of large amounts of people to make , the list goes on !!!!!

Why can't everyone go to the game and watch from start to finish , cheer and get behind the team , sing and clap at the moments where the lads need it to help us get a result and applaud the lads off after a good win ,

WTF is up with people .

Think you spend more time focusing on what other fans are doing, than the actual game! :P

There are a load of selfish nobheads in this world, always has been and always will be. It will never change. Best thing to do, is accept that and block them out best you can and just enjoy the football for yourself 

• Like 1

I will say what does annoy me is the fans at the final whistle that go down towards the exit and stand and clap there and basically block off the only way down. If you want to stay behind and clap the players off fair enough but just do it from your seat, I don't get what you are getting out of standing half way up the stairs.

Probably should put this in the 'what grinds my gears thread I guess'

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Slighhty off topic but for the size of our stadium, does anyone else feel like it takes far too long to actually exit the stadium after the match? Been to 80k + stadiums and left in a fraction of the time.

Don't know I leave early ?