Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

Always liked the look of Andre Onana from Ajax, he said a few months ago he’d be interested in moving to the prem, they might want a few quid but no harm in trying if we’re in Europe🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Trelleh

10 hours ago, Trelleh said:

Always liked the look of Andre Onana from Ajax, he said a few months ago he’d be interested in moving to the prem, they might want a few quid but no harm in trying if we’re in Europe🤷🏻‍♂️

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7975131/Chelsea-Tottenham-ready-fight-50m-rated-Ajax-goalkeeper-Andre-Onana.html

I think Jordan has been having a peek at this thread.   I get the comparison with JV and that Kasper is an excellent keeper but still maintain that he needs some competition in order to cover for bad spells and give him an incentive to improve ...  if JV looks off the pace Kelechi in now a real alternative ...   can we say the same for Ward ???    And if, as he says, everyone is improving under Brendan (and we aspire to being a REGULAR top 6 club) then can someone perleeeeese teach Kasper to command his box and catch (or I'd settle for a punch) the bleedin ball !! ..

IMG_3555.jpg

On 06/02/2020 at 09:11, Trelleh said:

He will be going Barcelona or Chelsea if they offer him massive wages

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have only conceded 5 goals from set pieces in the PL all season......

Maybe English isn't my first langauge. Do you not understand the difference between feeling that we are likely to concede and actually conceeding? I'm pretty sure you know that people taking corners are not always accurate and that people heading the ball are not always accurate and that we have some good players who can defend a corner but Kasper himself gives me no confidence whatsoever that he will get to the ball or save the ball from a corner.

p.s. what a surprise that my previous reply has been removed by mods! 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

Maybe English isn't my first langauge. Do you not understand the difference between feeling that we are likely to concede and actually conceeding? I'm pretty sure you know that people taking corners are not always accurate and that people heading the ball are not always accurate and that we have some good players who can defend a corner but Kasper himself gives me no confidence whatsoever that he will get to the ball or save the ball from a corner.

I agree that kasper doesn't always deal with corners but the main problem with lcfc corners is a lack of height generally in the squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Yes, but maybe your feeling is miss placed 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I think people understand the difference, but they are allowed to assert that they feel that your "feeling" might be skewed somewhat and maybe unfounded given that in general our record on defending set pieces and corners, when viewed objectively, is up there with the best in the league?

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think people understand the difference, but they are allowed to assert that they feel that your "feeling" might be skewed somewhat and maybe unfounded given that in general our record on defending set pieces and corners, when viewed objectively, is up there with the best in the league?

It’s not up there with the best it’s 10th middle of the road 

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

You can quote all of the stats in the world but the fact remains that we lack height.

I’m not denying that but merely pointing out that I wouldn’t say we had a “problem with set pieces” as you stated. I’d love a couple of huge cvnts in the team but hey ho. X 

Edited by RumbleFox