Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Those stats prove diddly squat. Casper stands on his line and contributes bugger all, if he's let less in its because of the competence of the defence in front of him. I can't comment on Man Man Utd as I don't watch them but, if DeGea and Schmeichel were both put up for sale, who do you think most clubs in Europe would queue up to buy?

If you watched them this season alone, De Gea has been directly responsible for many more goals against than Kasper has for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Mistakes leading to goals this season:

Kasper is at 0

505834EA-25BD-4390-AD9B-99C889031672.png

But of a stupid stat tbh, the first against Chelsea has happened cos of his mistake in not being on his six yard line claiming or punching that ball. But it's true that it's been a long time since Kasper made a massive glaring error akin to Henderson v Liverpool etc. 

• Like 1

Distribution has always been my issue with him.

He 'saves' us as much points as he 'costs' us.

'Equals itself out over a season' is a famous football cliche, right?

However his distribution has always been shite but I blame this as much on himself as I do the coaches he's been under, it never seems to change.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Makes me wonder though. Do you know if keepers do much intricate one touch and go pass training sessions with the rest of the team? 

I really don't know. Going back a couple of years I know Kasper did extra shot stopping training by getting our u23s to shoot at him but never heard of any set peice training, though you would like to think so.  I think in fairness to him, distribution wise, some of it occurs when he has a genuine desire to get the ball out quickly to start a potential attack and overcooks it. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Distribution has always been my issue with him.

He 'saves' us as much points as he 'costs' us.

'Equals itself out over a season' is a famous football cliche, right?

However his distribution has always been shite but I blame this as much on himself as I do the coaches he's been under, it never seems to change.

Agreed. Can’t be just me who thinks if I was Brendon I’d be getting Kasper working on this Monday morning

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Makes me wonder though. Do you know if keepers do much intricate one touch and go pass training sessions with the rest of the team? 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I really don't know. Going back a couple of years I know Kasper did extra shot stopping training by getting our u23s to shoot at him but never heard of any set peice training, though you would like to think so.  I think in fairness to him, distribution wise, some of it occurs when he has a genuine desire to get the ball out quickly to start a potential attack and overcooks it. 

So what has been doing in training for two years? A few weeks of shot stopping and not much on how to command your box or improve your  distribution. Doubt it's all been spent on sprints either. ;)

• Haha 1

Kasper is trying but is obviously going through the motions at the moment. He's allowed some slack by us fans as long as he's genuinely making the effort to get back to his very best form which we know he can. Let's get behind him folks. If the rest of the team can start hitting

top form again maybe that confidence will spread to Kasper. :fc:

6 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Kasper is trying but is obviously going through the motions at the moment. He's allowed some slack by us fans as long as he's genuinely making the effort to get back to his very best form which we know he can. Let's get behind him folks. If the rest of the team can start hitting

top form again maybe that confidence will spread to Kasper. :fc:

If the fans hit top form maybe that will spread to the team.

• Like 1

Okay, I’ve found a random websites that has stats.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/keepers/Premier-League-Stats

The page purely on Kasper is here:

https://fbref.com/en/players/53af52f3/Kasper-Schmeichel

Save % - Kasper is 6th.

Over his time at Leicester, he’s averaged 0.694%. This season he’s 0.714%. The only season he was better - 15/16.

Clean sheet % - Kasper is 4th.

The frustrating thing is the fall off in crosses dealt with this season. Maybe I’ve been guilt of banging the drum on this as it’s an obvious weakness. 

19/20 - 9.2%

18/19 - 9.7%

17/18 - 2.3%

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

From 112 corners this season De Gea has conceded 8 and Kasper 4. When you look at direct balls into the box like a corner there are some better keepers but there are lots far worse.

To further this point, how pathetic was the marking on set pieces today? So many free headers, or big blokes jumping against small players. 

• Like 2

A list of regular 1st team keepers I believe are better than Kasper in the air bearing in mind I don't see these other keepers live for 90 mins often. 

Alisson, Ederson, Henderson, Pickford, Leno, Pope, Dubravka, Foster and Krul. 

A list of those with better distribution:

Alisson, Ederson, Kepa, Lloris and De Gea. 

Only Alisson and Ederson show up in both lists and Ederson is prone to conceding some very poor goals. I'm sure we have 67 mil to spend on a keeper. 

I actually have a fair bit of experience when it comes to training and would be quite prepared, if asked of course, to get down to our training ground and give Kasper a bit of help.  I would get one of those machines that fires tennis balls and load it with footballs ...  then set it up next to the corner flag.   I would encourage Kasper to run out, jump up, and catch the ball.  If he didn’t, a quick flick of a switch and and a sharp electric current would be administered from a collar round his neck.   In no time at all he would get the hang of it.  I’ve used this technique many times in the past and it never fails.    And ....    always remember to give him lots of fuss when he gets it right to help imprint it in his mind ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I actually have a fair bit of experience when it comes to training and would be quite prepared, if asked of course, to get down to our training ground and give Kasper a bit of help.  I would get one of those machines that fires tennis balls and load it with footballs ...  then set it up next to the corner flag.   I would encourage Kasper to run out, jump up, and catch the ball.  If he didn’t, a quick flick of a switch and and a sharp electric current would be administered from a collar round his neck.   In no time at all he would get the hang of it.  I’ve used this technique many times in the past and it never fails.    And ....    always remember to give him lots of fuss when he gets it right to help imprint it in his mind ...   :thumbup:

From the Seagrave updates, I've heard this is happening.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Will these collars fit an average size human female? And will they interfere with any of the electrical appliances in the kitchen?

Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 1

His distribution remains shit. He puts us into trouble at least once a game with a stupid ball. Yesterday putting Hamza under pressure, who had two players on him, in the centre of the pitch about 20 yards away from goal.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Will these collars fit an average size human female? And will they interfere with any of the electrical appliances in the kitchen?

Asking for a friend. 

The answer is definitely yes they would fit and to the best of my knowledge they don’t interfere with anything in the kitchen ....    but please please ensure they are removed before she gets in the bath  !! ....      so a friend told me ...   :)