Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

The first goal he started to come for the ball and retreated.

the second as shown on match of the day he is a couple of foot of his line, it could be argued that because of his height he shouldn’t have been.

After all he rarely collects balls from out side the 6 yard box anyway.

and the header did go over him as opposed to top bin

5E597BE0-D1FF-4B10-A001-99D6B8313C07.jpeg

6000B037-EE1F-4D60-8121-2583F77C579A.jpeg

Sorry but your wrong on the second goal, no keeper is stay on his line for a free kick in that position and he doesn't do much wrong for the first, I haven't heard one pundit or read one match report that blames him for the goals ether.

The biggest issue with both goals is the miss match of Hamza and Chilwell against Rudiger, arguable Chelsea best header of the ball. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sorry but your wrong on the second goal, no keeper is stay on his line for a free kick in that position and he doesn't do much wrong for the first, I haven't heard one pundit or read one match report that blames him for the goals ether.

The biggest issue with both goals is the miss match of Hamza and Chilwell against Rudiger, arguable Chelsea best header of the ball. 

For the second 

the point being, people saying there is nothing he could do about the second.

"it could be argued" that with adjustments, either not coming out so far or retreating quicker he wouldve made the save

As for not hearing anyone say anything listen to match of the day commentator on the first goal he says he comes for the ball and retreats...

thus poor judgement.

they also showed a clip of him kicking it straight out to chelsea when highlighting Abrahams game, just because they (pundits) are not "talking about it" doesn't mean it didnt happen

Edited by HankMarvin

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

"it could be argued" that with adjustments, either not coming out so far or retreating quicker he wouldve made the save

As for not hearing anyone say anything listen to match of the day commentator on the first goal he says he comes for the ball and retreats

thus poor judgement.

they also showed a clip of him kicking it straight out to chelsea when highlighting Abrahams game, just because they are not "talking about it" doesn't mean it didnt happen

It could be argued that this was good judgment ..... poor judgement would have been to continue to come for a cross he wasn’t going to get to 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

As for not hearing anyone say anything listen to match of the day commentator on the first goal he says he comes for the ball and retreats...

thus poor judgement.

His just describing the game, he doesn't mention anything about poor judgement 

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

they also showed a clip of him kicking it straight out to chelsea when highlighting Abrahams game, just because they (pundits) are not "talking about it" doesn't mean it didnt happen

What that got to do with the two goals...........

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Only one who positions himself correctly. Remember this wasn't a bullet header, there was no pace ob it at all.

So unless its a bullet header, every goalkeeper is out of position then?

On 01/02/2020 at 14:36, StevieB said:

Been poor for a long time. I've never rated him on set pieces anyway and his distribution is toilet. I've got a feeling Brendan will bring in a new keeper in the summer to push him and let either Jakupovic or Wardy go 

Someone's been reading my FT comments 😂

Screenshot_20200202-203207.jpg

• Haha 1

When I saw the second goal live I thought it was a floaty header and it looked like Kasper was lobbed on his line... I’ve seen the replays and I feel he should have done better, he had zero jump and it looks like he got caught on his heels meaning he was jumping from a standing position. He 100% should have been expecting something like that and I think most keepers would be tipping that one over. It’s frustrating because look at some of the saves against us the past few weeks 😡 

Most of this argument is missing the main point.  Kasper's style was a good fit for the way we won in 2015-16.  For the style of play Puel started to implement and Rodgers has pressed forward with, he's completely mismatched.  We need a keeper who's good with his feet and decisive and accurate with distribution.

• Like 1

Kasper is doing alright, not operating at the top of his game, as virtually all our players are or have done recently.

Danish player of the year is no accident. I'm confident he'll improve in the areas of weakness and he will help see us over the champions league line this season. He deserves our support as a City player for last 9 seasons.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Some of you clearly haven’t ever played in goal ..... you don’t stand on your line unless it’s a penalty ! 

Exactly. People complain about him not coming for enough crosses, well you have to be a couple of yards off your line to be in a position to come for a cross should it be gettable. That cross was not gettable, by the way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Kasper is doing alright, not operating at the top of his game, as virtually all our players are or have done recently.

Danish player of the year is no accident. I'm confident he'll improve in the areas of weakness and he will help see us over the champions league line this season. He deserves our support as a City player for last 9 seasons.

Hardly the biggest field of elite players to pick from, its been him or Erikson for the last 7 years and the latters form dropped of a cliff over the last few years

• Like 2

indykaila is an idiot. Been listening to his BS since Rodgers was at Liverpool. Probably as long as you guys listening to neverwrong.

Kept hearing on the broadcast that it was very windy yesterday. Imagine its hard to side volley with it blowing that hard. And they weren't short kicks.

Rodgers has always had a hard time finding goalkeepers who are good with their feet, can throw, and block shots.

I don't see any glaring weaknesses in Kasper. He's as good or better than any goaltender I've seen work with Rodgers. With the exception of Michel Vorm the only one to have the full package. All of the keepers Rodgers worked with were excellent shot stoppers but questionable with their distribution and the ball at their feet.

Sure that Rodgers has his eye out for improvement and competition in the squad for the future. Just like any top notch Manager.

Finding goalkeepers like Neuer, Ederson and Alisson are like finding the Holy Grail. And there are always issues because they, like Kasper, are risk takers.

Mistakes are part of the territory. They create movement and space in the attack.

Be careful what you wish for as its going to cost us a fortune to replace him. And time to bed them in. Or time and luck to develop them. We need to spend our money on goals.

I hate this "he's a legend so we can't replace him" argument.  Kasper (or any player) being a club legend means we should honor their contribution and treat them respectfully.  Roster and lineup decisions should be 100% about the future.  That might seem cold, but it's how all the top sides operate for a reason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I hate this "he's a legend so we can't replace him" argument.  Kasper (or any player) being a club legend means we should honor their contribution and treat them respectfully.  Roster and lineup decisions should be 100% about the future.  That might seem cold, but it's how all the top sides operate for a reason.

Rodgers seems like a straight shooter. Doubt he'll pull any punches with Kasper. Kasper knows what he needs to do to stay in contention for his place.

I don't think its cold. Just reality at the top coming for everyone eventually. Kasper is a legend here and always will be forever. But he's not leaving yet. :schmike:

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Most of this argument is missing the main point.  Kasper's style was a good fit for the way we won in 2015-16.  For the style of play Puel started to implement and Rodgers has pressed forward with, he's completely mismatched.  We need a keeper who's good with his feet and decisive and accurate with distribution.

Has more assists than most keepers and his stats for starting attacks are good. His distribution is under rated for some strange reason. He's clearly been told to play short passes ATM, but other teams have worked that out and Hamza is notoriously bad for panicking when he's got his back to the midfield, so passing down the centre to Hamza was always going to end in tears. 

Back in the days when we would move the ball quicker and look for a quick outlet, keeping Vardy and another up top, he would pick them out all the time. At the moment though we keep everyone back, who's he supposed to distribute to? 

On 29/01/2020 at 06:55, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Watching him at corners rather than the ball or the defender/attacker is quite eye opening. He’s really quite pathetic at times. Weak and seemingly unable to get off his feet. Zero command of his area. It’s always been like this though. 

Wonder if his colleagues have also started doing this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3