Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

No one is above being dropped! In my opinion if a player has a run of bad games then they deserve to lose their place! It gives Ward an opportunity to impress and earn a place in the team. I think dropping kasper would do him the world of good.

• Like 2

Didnt think I'd be saying this for another year or 2, but I really think we need a new keeper in the summer. Kasper has cost us alot this season, especially in the last month or 2. If we want to challenge at the top end of the table again next season as well as potentially competing in the champions league, we will definitely need a better goalkeeper. It's a shame as I love Kasper and hes a legend at the club for everything hes done and achieved but it's clear to see hes no longer good enough to be our number 1 keeper. I think in the summer we may be as well signing a top keeper and letting Ward leave and then Kasper will have to fight for his place with a top keeper. We certainly don't want to just get rid of Kasper as I'd like him to finish his career here along with Wes and Vardy. 

• Like 2

We look like conceding at every set piece mainly because you know that Kasper will not come & catch the ball. This has been his major fault for years & has cost us a lot of goals. Opposing teams are wise to this & expose it & I'm sure our defenders know that we are going to be in trouble because we do not have a keeper who commands his area, thus probably eroding their confidence.

It is a big weakness in Kasper's game that I doubt will improve at his age. However he is a really good shot-stopper & to upgrade on him would cost a lot of money & there are other areas in the squad that require strengthening before a new keeper.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Sometimes players need to admit some of their performances can let the team down, but he doesn't seem this type and as a result is not the best role model in terms of this attitude.

Lets be fair,on this one,we don t know what words are exchanged,he may Kick n bite,but also be apologetic and open...So starting Another attack-front,about him

supposedly not having the certain character,in terms of attitude & roll Model Altitude is not quite somehow the right form..

That said,I also didnt Think I /we would ever have to put his performances into question,but I do believe,a few Posters( including yours) concerns are more than warranted.

We have invested in the recent past,in young potential Talented Gkeepers and also Experienced cover. 

No matter that for me he rides the Legendary status,and Plus his closeness & fondess Shared with the  Owners, he Shouldnt be beyond,being given some timeout

on the Bench...Maybe given Time away with the family.....

I wouldnt like to see him become a brunt of easy forgetfull disgruntled fans..

@Kopfkino  last Post on the subject, I also can easily Sympathise with,even more so..

Edited by fuchsntf

39 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

How refreshing to see both Roy Hodgson and Thomas Frank say good things about their goalkeepers after making howlers yesterday compared to the reaction of our fans to Schmeichel (tbh fans whinge about loyalty but are normally more disloyal than anyone in football). Absolutely for the first goal yesterday he should be on his six yard line getting glove to ball and the second he is responsible for organising his defence. 

I would expect the managers to defend and support their players, I would expect Rodgers to do the same, but you are comparing manager's comments with fans comments and, in the main, agreeing with a lot of our observations about the goals yesterday.

Who knows, maybe the fans of Brentford and Palace were saying similar things to us?

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

How refreshing to see both Roy Hodgson and Thomas Frank say good things about their goalkeepers after making howlers yesterday compared to the reaction of our fans to Schmeichel (tbh fans whinge about loyalty but are normally more disloyal than anyone in football). Absolutely for the first goal yesterday he should be on his six yard line getting glove to ball and the second he is responsible for organising his defence. 

Just yesterday in the PL, Guaita carries the ball into his own, Fabianski makes a mess of things and punches the ball onto his own player for a goal, Ryan was in no man's land for Diop's goal, Ramsdale was nowhere for both Villa's goal and the one where he punched Engels, Caballero made a bit of a hash of things in the lead up to Chilwell's goal. 

This he's out of form is stretching it a bit. Like the whole team he's probably not been at the same level as earlier in the season but against Southampton he had his best game as part of a one man team. Anyway be careful what you wish for cos it probably won't be cheap to get a better keeper than Kasper, I know where I'd rather be spending that £25m. I guess Reya would be a good signing but then if he arsed it like he did yesterday we'd have to replace him. 

Take your point but of course managers are going to back their goalkeepers, and for Guaita and Raya its an unusual error, every keeper makes them, even Ederson and Allison. However, Kaspers isn't just about a mistake. Its several mistakes hes made recently on top of the fact he has 2 very obvious weaknesses in his ability on crosses and his distribution. Kaspers biggest issue is that he has never had any real competition for a starting place. Ward is a decent back up keeper but hes never likely to be our number 1 keeper long term. Going back to his weaknesses, teams obviously have and will continue to exploit this! Every keeper makes a mistake, its human nature but it becomes an issue when  a keeper has clear weaknesses that dont seem to be improving and if anything are getting worse. As a shot stopper, hes top class, as an all round keeper hes just not that great. I'd love for him to work on his weaknesses and get back to his best as we have seen a few times over the years where he has dipped in form and confidence and then hes come back better. Still feel we need a new keeper, even if its just to add extra competition to Kasper. 

The least commanding keeper in the prem. rants a raves after yet another cross into his  6yard area ends up in the back of his net.  Right behind the goal at villa, there keeper reached up and touched the crossbar, when they changed ends Kasper did the same with a very large leap. Seems a lot smaller than the size quoted in match stats

Edited by Claridge

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Just yesterday in the PL, Guaita carries the ball into his own, Fabianski makes a mess of things and punches the ball onto his own player for a goal, Ryan was in no man's land for Diop's goal, Ramsdale was nowhere for both Villa's goal and the one where he punched Engels, Caballero made a bit of a hash of things in the lead up to Chilwell's goal. 

This he's out of form is stretching it a bit. Like the whole team he's probably not been at the same level as earlier in the season but against Southampton he had his best game as part of a one man team. Anyway be careful what you wish for cos it probably won't be cheap to get a better keeper than Kasper, I know where I'd rather be spending that £25m. I guess Reya would be a good signing but then if he arsed it like he did yesterday we'd have to replace him. 

It's been refreshing to see that a few managers have been happy to sit their goalkeepers when their form has slipped. It's worked well for teams like southampton. If I was rating goalkeepers performance this season then Kasper wouldn't be in the top 10 in the prem. Surprisingly 36 year old Ben Foster would rate pretty high so age isn't the problem, perhaps it's Kasper's height but checking he's supposed to be 6 foot 2, it must be something else.

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Sometimes players need to admit some of their performances can let the team down, but he doesn't seem this type and as a result is not the best role model in terms of this attitude.

Agree. I'm trying not to be too judgmental, because he has been a great keeper and loyal servant to the club. But I wouldn't mind betting there is a type of arrogance with him, that you wouldn't get with the likes of Evans or Vardy. Would he for example put his hands up and admit he got it wrong, or blame those in front of him. Dunno!

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
46 minutes ago, Claridge said:

The least commanding keeper in the prem. rants a raves after yet another cross into his  6yard area ends up in the back of his net.  Right behind the goal at villa, there keeper reached up and touched the crossbar, when they changed ends Kasper did the same with a very large leap. Seems a lot smaller than the size quoted in match stats

I think he has a decent spring but taller opposition players seek to block his view at set pieces meaning he has to react later to the ball, not a lot he can do about that unless he puts three inch lifts in his boots . Most sons are taller than their fathers unfortunately Kasper isn't.

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So we're should he have been position?

The first goal he started to come for the ball and retreated.

the second as shown on match of the day he is a couple of foot of his line, it could be argued that because of his height he shouldn’t have been.

After all he rarely collects balls from out side the 6 yard box anyway.

and the header did go over him as opposed to top bin

5E597BE0-D1FF-4B10-A001-99D6B8313C07.jpeg

6000B037-EE1F-4D60-8121-2583F77C579A.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Agree. I'm trying not to be too judgmental, because he has been a great keeper and loyal servant to the club. But I wouldn't mind betting there is a type of arrogance with him, that you wouldn't get with the likes of Evans or Vardy. Would he for example put his hands up and admit he got it wrong, or blame those in front of him. Dunno!

He’s definitely a blamer. I’ve never once seen him apologise for a feck up and just starts yelling at the defence. Amusingly, yesterday, I did see Çağs after the second goal went in standing staring at Kasper with his arms up in the air for a bit, as if to say ‘why didn’t you get that?!’. I think he sometimes needs someone to call him out, he does think he’s untouchable. 

• Like 4

Guest Harrydc

Am I missing something here because my post about kasper received a laughing reaction ? Am I stupid for starting Kasper is a club legend? :dunno:

Guest An Sionnach
15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He's definitely one of the flappiest keepers in the league but still very good. I reckon we need a top GK coach, maybe they can help him get over his fear of coming out for a cross. 

Well he has one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time as a father so I don't think he needs coaching. He is what he is I am OK with that but I don't agree with him being captain that should be Jonny.