Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

Just now, Aus Fox said:

No one has more clean sheets than Kasper this season! Not quite sure what the problem is. 
His distribution isn’t nearly as bad as some would have you believe.  A quality keeper who we are lucky to have.

A clean sheet is down to the defence as a whole, not one individual who consistently contrives to put it under pressure by passing to the opposition or standing like a stuffed dummy on his goal line from corners and crosses. 

Just now, Aus Fox said:

No one has more clean sheets than Kasper this season! Not quite sure what the problem is. 
His distribution isn’t nearly as bad as some would have you believe.  A quality keeper who we are lucky to have.

He is a good keeper but sooner or later one of these scuffed passes straight to the opposition 20 yards out is going to cost us. It's getting worryingly predictable

• Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

A clean sheet is down to the defence as a whole, not one individual who consistently contrives to put it under pressure by passing to the opposition or standing like a stuffed dummy on his goal line from corners and crosses. 

Like I said to the poster above any stats to back that up about his distribution? Can you compare him to others and say he is worse?

Has he conceded more from corners and crosses than any other keeper?

Forget stats about schmeichel. All this talk of castrating him for his distribution is ridiculous. His distribution is because BR is telling him to play a certain way that he's never played before. You don't "beat" that into someone, it either comes naturally to them or it doesn't.

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

My eyes at every game. Are there stats for pathetic distribution or being rooted to your line? 

Watch every other keeper bar maybe Allison and Edison and they all give the ball away just as much if not more. Anyone calling for him to be replaced will be in for a shock when other keepers do exactly the same things.

• Like 3

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Watch every other keeper bar maybe Allison and Edison and they all give the ball away just as much if not more. Anyone calling for him to be replaced will be in for a shock when other keepers do exactly the same things.

Have you any stats for that😙 . Not seen any goalie worse in the air than kasper in the prem

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Like I said to the poster above any stats to back that up about his distribution? Can you compare him to others and say he is worse?

Has he conceded more from corners and crosses than any other keeper?

You don't need to look at stats like an obsessed school kid, I doubt they produce them for that don't you? See if you can find some. You just physically have to go down and watch him every game to see how often the ball sails out of play or he puts his midfield or defence under pressure. 

His incompetence at corners etc is well known since his Man City days, even Ericsson spoke about it in interview. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Forget stats about schmeichel. All this talk of castrating him for his distribution is ridiculous. His distribution is because BR is telling him to play a certain way that he's never played before. You don't "beat" that into someone, it either comes naturally to them or it doesn't.

People have always had a go at his distribution, and it has been hit and miss ever since he joined, that pass today isnt an infrequent occurrence and sometimes it gets punished. But his distribution is far better than most just for the fact he tries to do more with it and when it comes off its brilliant and I think he's been pretty decent with the ball at his feet in the main this season. Certainly struggling to think of many keepers within our reach that would be much better and certainly none with better distribution who would also be better with balls into the box 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Do you have any stats that compare him with other Keepers to back up this statement?

Number of high Claims :

Ranked 15

Sweeper Clearences :

Ranked 8

Punches :

Ranked 12

Saves :

Ranked 10

(stats taken from Premier League site)

Kasper is bang average and the only thing keeping his number of conceded goals looking a healthy stat is our defence. 

He flaps around like his feet are stuck in mud and his distribution is dire. 

He needs some competition, like actual competition, as he's gone from our rock to one of our weaker areas. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

People have always had a go at his distribution, and it has been hit and miss ever since he joined, that pass today isnt an infrequent occurrence and sometimes it gets punished. But his distribution is far better than most just for the fact he tries to do more with it and when it comes off its brilliant and I think he's been pretty decent with the ball at his feet in the main this season. Certainly struggling to think of many keepers within our reach that would be much better and certainly none with better distribution who would also be better with balls into the box 

Absolutely agree with that. I don't condone that kasper has got caught passing out too many times for a prem goalie this season. To he honest I've no idea why we spent 12 million on our no.2. He's a top character etc. but having seen him in games I'd say he was just as bad as kasper with ball to feet. He's been here a while now.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Number of high Claims :

Ranked 15

Sweeper Clearences :

Ranked 8

Punches :

Ranked 12

Saves :

Ranked 10

(stats taken from Premier League site)

Kasper is bang average and the only thing keeping his number of conceded goals looking a healthy stat is our defence. 

He flaps around like his feet are stuck in mud and his distribution is dire. 

He needs some competition, like actual competition, as he's gone from our rock to one of our weaker areas. 

The only thing irritating me more than Schmeichel's poor passing and lack of aerial presence is the woeful use of statistics displayed here.

If he's 10th for saves, does that make him 'bang average' in this area? You've already stated that his clean sheets are influenced by the quality of the defence in front of him, so let's not bend statistics to fit an agenda.

His shot stopping is a strength of his. Save% would be a better stat as a comparison to other keepers.

• Like 1

If you watch all the keepers apart from Allison and Ederson they are not equipped to play from the back. I get the obsession with it as it can quite quickly create a really dangerous attack if you beat the press.

Kasper is first and foremost one of the best shot stoppers in the league. His distribution is questionable but who can we realistically replace him with who can do these things? These sort of keepers are impossible for us to get. 

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The only thing irritating me more than Schmeichel's poor passing and lack of aerial presence is the woeful use of statistics displayed here.

If he's 10th for saves, does that make him 'bang average' in this area? You've already stated that his clean sheets are influenced by the quality of the defence in front of him, so let's not bend statistics to fit an agenda.

His shot stopping is a strength of his. Save% would be a better stat as a comparison to other keepers.

"If he's 10th for saves, does that make him 'bang average" 

... Well he's 10th in the stats out of 20 teams so, yes Einstein it does. 

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

From 112 corners this season De Gea has conceded 8 and Kasper 4. When you look at direct balls into the box like a corner there are some better keepers but there are lots far worse.

Those stats prove diddly squat. Casper stands on his line and contributes bugger all, if he's let less in its because of the competence of the defence in front of him. I can't comment on Man Man Utd as I don't watch them but, if DeGea and Schmeichel were both put up for sale, who do you think most clubs in Europe would queue up to buy?

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

"If he's 10th for saves, does that make him 'bang average" 

... Well he's 10th in the stats out of 20 teams so, yes Einstein it does. 

And when our defence has been shit he's won our Player of the Year. Twice.

33 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He was doing it way before Rodgers arrived.

• Like 1