Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

41 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Although I wasn't a regular until 1970-71, I did see Banks play 3 times. I was too young to remember much about him in game time but I was there in Town Hall Square on my Dad's shoulders in 1966.

I saw everyone of Shilton's home appearances (and some away) from my debut season until he left for Stoke. That even includes the Texaco Cup and other tournaments. 

Banks and Shilton are clearly the two best I've seen. Kasper in the next group with Wallington and Flowers. 

Flowers was incredible at the start of one of the seasons, the best I'd ever seen for us, but it was quite a short period of time. Towards the end of his time with us injuries and age started to catch up with him. 

I think Kasper's legacy will hugely increase when he's gone. People will remember the Seville penalty saves, his (non) goal in the Championship and 60 yard assists more fondly than we do now. A bit like Walshy, now no-one remembers his performances before the 1991-92 season (except for headbutting Bully and breaking someone's jaw). 

• Like 1

Here's my top 3. Banks without any doubt the best, England international, sense of positioning and that save from Pele, tremendous. Shilts was good enough to become No 1 at Leicester an oust Banksy and then Kasper. All the others in between, yes good solid keepers but none quite in the same class.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ian Walker always seems to get looked upon with rose tinted glasses, he made many a howler and has some horrendous performances for us.

Exactly the same is true about Keller.

Flowers was excellent for a year or so, but then pretty rapidly began to decline too as he was already at the end of his career when he joined us.

I still find it quite unfathomable people try to claim the likes of Flowers, Keller or Walker were better than Schmeichel, even if Schmeichel has his faults.

It's the way its always been though, the longer ago a player played, the more his bad games get forgotten and only his good games get remembered.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sly said:

Who would you say is better!? I know I’ve been critical of him, however I’d say in hindsight maybe only Shiloh and Banks? 

Top 5? 

Shilton

Banks

Kasper

Keller

Flowers

Shilton..Banks...Wallington...Schmeichel...Flowers.

The first 2 in any order "Perspectives & opinions".  Then Wallington..

Schmeichel & Flowers just had traditional 3 Great all round keepers in Front of them....!!!

Wellington the most underrated goalkeeper of his playing era...but also had other Greats to Compete with..

4 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Shilton & Banks miles in front of anyone else on that list

I would Add Wallington...and for various Technical strengths and weakness Plus mishaps,I wouldnt split the 3...

for  any GK to be classed und Rated with These 3, is an honour...and Schmeichel Not at their heights but deserves that honour...

Easy my Top 4, with Flower & Keller completing IMO Leicesters best ever Top 6 goalkeepers..

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Great interview @UpTheLeagueFox!

Kasper is brilliant isn't he? 

He has been known to be "difficult" with the media on occasions so ahead of Thursday's content session we didn't quite know what to expect.

The other organisations had their go first and Kasper was on very good form.

Fortunately that continued when I got my slot with him.

We were given 10 minutes but during the second part of the interview, when I paused to check with Kasper if we could go over time, he said: 'No problem' and we did about 15.

The second segment was more about goalkeeping and he enjoyed getting into the details of it.

I'll upload that later in the week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Shilton

Banks

Wallington

Flowers 

Schmeichel 

Poole

Keller

Walker

Schmeichel has been a great servant to us but isn't even on the same page as the first two who were all round world class goalkeepers and in fairness, not many others compare to those two either. Schmeichel is a brilliant shot stopper but there are other areas of his goalkeeping that are decidedly poor. All in all at best, he's just a very average goalkeeper imo and way behind Wallington and Flowers as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/03/2020 at 17:11, Sly said:

Who would you say is better!? I know I’ve been critical of him, however I’d say in hindsight maybe only Shiloh and Banks? 

Top 5? 

Shilton

Banks

Kasper

Keller

Flowers

In my opinion and in order for me

Shilton

Banks

Flowers

Wallington

Walker

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s amazing how you say all our players are average mate but we’re 3rd in the league 

You don't have to have a team full of superstars to win the league, if you weren't there, Leicester did precisely that. In any case, what's that got to do with anything? This post at one point was discussing peoples views on past and more recent Leicester goalkeepers and, just in my opinion,  when compared to Shilton or Banks, my personal opinion is that Schmeichel, who has been a great servant to us is distinctly average. You may disagree, its allowed, its a forum, its what forums are for. 🤣

Edited by volpeazzurro