Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

26 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Didn't know that, thanks.

But, still the worse national sides at the bottom of the world ranking should really play against each other in an 'elimination round' - so that only the 'best of the worst' sides are allowed to play in this competition.

:dunno:

But that is how they sort whether you do go in the competition by having these qualifiers,I must admit they would probably do alright in the Oceania groups

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Stick a couple of quid on San Marino, got nothing to lose. Then again it might be Evens lol

I actually won a ridiculous bet one time in a qualifier between Malta v England.

Usually those games are so one sided that you look for goals or handicaps or something to make value.

I backed HT DRAW FT England..... and it actually won! Malta were comfortable and it was 0-0

Think i won about £80. 

Edited by Donk
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Donk said:

I actually won a ridiculous bet one time in a qualifier between Malta v England.

Usually those games are so one sided that you look for goals or handicaps or something to make value.

I backed HT DRAW FT England..... and it actually won! Malta were comfortable and it was 0-0

Think i won about £80. 

Malta aren’t anywhere near as bad as San Marino; they have had decent games with Italy and Spain only put two past them recently. 

19 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Malta aren’t anywhere near as bad as San Marino; they have had decent games with Italy and Spain only put two past them recently. 

Literally no one is as bad as san marino.

Even in "narrow" defeats this is just the bigger team getting up in the game with little threat posed to them.

Malta can field more pros though so yes theyre instantly better just on that point

The Scots probably wonder  how can they look so uncompetitive compared to NI and Wales when their squad isn't any worse in terms of depth ..

Is it a lack of unity and organisation?

Mind you they still have the chance to qualify via the Nation league play offs as unlikely as it seems !

In all fairness I think we'd have been ruined by Russia away tonight. Slovakia were just crap. 

We weren't very good, I'm not gonna pretend we're ever brilliant at the minute but even so we had loads missing. 

Our best eleven is a hundred times better than Scotland but we've probably got less depth. We were fielding League One lads tonight again.