Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

I won't get carried away, but I actually enjoy watching England again. We've put 10 past the next two best teams in our group.

No, they're not world beaters but these are the kind of games that would wind people up and now we're blowing them away.

The racism from the stands was so predictable sadly. I remember Danny Rose going through it playing for the U21s in Serbia.

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Go on then. Tell me what you think and i'll show the stats to prove you wrong.

In competitive games against the better teams he hasn't delivered which a world class player should. Give me your stats that prove me wrong

For a player with his quality and rated as he is his performances overall for England have been ok nothing more. For Spurs he's been much better

Edited by foxfanazer

56 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

In competitive games against the better teams he hasn't delivered which a world class player should. Give me your stats that prove me wrong

For a player with his quality and rated as he is his performances overall for England have been ok nothing more. For Spurs he's been much better

okay let me just quote myself again.

"Since being named captain he's scored twice and assisted 3 goals in 7 games against 'big teams' (Belgium,Spain, Croatia and Colombia)."

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

okay let me just quote myself again.

"Since being named captain he's scored twice and assisted 3 goals in 7 games against 'big teams' (Belgium,Spain, Croatia and Colombia)."

And his overall England career which is what I'm talking about? Anybody can changer the perimeters to support their flimsy argument

What's all of this 'since he's been named captain' rubbish?

In competitive games against good opposition he's scored 2 goals. One was the penalty against Colombia and the other was against Croatia in the Nation's league

Edited by foxfanazer

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I won't get carried away, but I actually enjoy watching England again. We've put 10 past the next two best teams in our group.

No, they're not world beaters but these are the kind of games that would wind people up and now we're blowing them away.

The racism from the stands was so predictable sadly. I remember Danny Rose going through it playing for the U21s in Serbia.

We’d comfortably beat these teams under Hodgson but it was because of a gulf in class in player quality rather than a coherent system that was forward thinking. The first goal was usually a Cahill set piece and then a Rooney penalty, we’re free of the robotic passing at last 

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

And his overall England career which is what I'm talking about? Anybody can changer the perimeters to support their flimsy argument

What's all of this 'since he's been named captain' rubbish?

In competitive games against good opposition he's scored 2 goals. One was the penalty against Colombia and the other was against Croatia in the Nation's league

I thought i'd highlight his performances since he was named captain because he's captained us 15 times now. Going back to June 2017.

We've played Belgium twice, Croatia thrice, Spain twice and Colombia once in that time. I think you'll agree with me that they're the only so-called big teams we've played. In those games he's scored two and set 3 up. Goal contributions of 5 in 8 games is good going against the best teams in the world. Probably better than the likes of Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo.

Worth noting he actually scored twice away in France in a friendly too.

Edit; actually i'm wrong. He didn't play the first game against Belgium at the WC. So he has 5 goal contributions in 7 games.

Edited by AKCJ

29 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We’d comfortably beat these teams under Hodgson but it was because of a gulf in class in player quality rather than a coherent system that was forward thinking. The first goal was usually a Cahill set piece and then a Rooney penalty, we’re free of the robotic passing at last 

Absolutely agree, but this is the first time in three attempts we've actually won at Montenegro lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Was the racial abuse really obvious last night? I didn't hear anything. I did miss the last 10-15 minutes though so could've been then

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

What was confusing about my question @Wymeswold fox?

Heard a few monkey chants at a point where Hudson-Odei (sp?) was on the touchline towards a corner when he was about to take a throw-in.

Also, a few of the ITV pundits and other British reporters at the game reported racial abuse and reported it to UEFA (according to a BBC article earlier).

Even a couple of local pitchside photographers apparently said they heard some as well and reported it themselves too.

Thought, in particular, Sterling reacted well against the abuse made towards him.

Him speaking out in recent times about this and related incidents has out him up in my estimations.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Heard a few monkey chants at a point where Hudson-Odei (sp?) was on the touchline towards a corner when he was about to take a throw-in.

Also, a few of the ITV pundits and other British reporters at the game reported racial abuse and reported it to UEFA (according to a BBC article earlier).

Even a couple of local pitchside photographers apparently said they heard some as well and reported it themselves too.

Thought, in particular, Sterling reacted well against the abuse made towards him.

Him speaking out in recent times about this and related incidents has out him up in my estimations.

I wasn't disputing it happened though so I don't really understand your reaction. 

8 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

also fully here for raheem being the biggest role model of the 21st century 

I like how the papers are saying he's matured now. Er no, he was always mature, he just told you to shut up about criticising him for buying his Mum a house and going shopping and they decided to calm it down a bit because he called them out.