Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Stoopid said:

He's quite right, you know. 

People of my age - people who grew up in the 60s - have no  precedent to get their heads around young people acting oddly have they?

i mean, kids doing weird handshakes on Instagram certainly makes our cultural revolution look pretty tame doesn't it?

Sorry mate, but this isn’t a debate to see whose generation was the “wildest” and I never once said you were to tame I said you don’t understand the influence of social media. As an example, dances/handshakes inspired by rappers such as Drake. Not sure how familiar you are with Instagram or Facebook but lots of the rappers that are around now often perform some dances with their stage acts. Some of those dance moves are then replicated on Instagram or Facebook videos by other social media influencers and often turned into challenges to see who can put the best twist on the original dance.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Sorry mate, but this isn’t a debate to see whose generation was the “wildest” and I never once said you were to tame I said you don’t understand the influence of social media. As an example, dances/handshakes inspired by rappers such as Drake. Not sure how familiar you are with Instagram or Facebook but lots of the rappers that are around now often perform some dances with their stage acts. Some of those dance moves are then replicated on Instagram or Facebook videos by other social media influencers and often turned into challenges to see who can put the best twist on the original dance.

I know of a Sir Francis. That him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Never said I wasn’t being disrespectful... or did chilwell, Alli and Maddison also call you old and sad? If so, good on them.

Your age actually has to do with quite a lot tbh, assuming you are an older man, you’re less exposed to social media and are therefore not used to these handshakes etc. Pogba, Alli, lingard and so many more do. Just like I’m sure you hate pogbas ever changing hairstyles. 

If you were of the younger generation (millennial) then I’m sure you wouldn’t mind the handshakes one bit. As you would see them all over your Instagram feed along with many other posts of Maddison chilwell and gray having a laugh and enjoying themselves as LCFC players. 

Well if those three bastions of human decency do it, I think we all should, whatever age we are.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

As does nearly every lad who’s with it in this generation, it’s just society, I don’t care what they do, in reason, if they perform on the pitch, just another reason for the older blokes in the stand to have a go at em every week.

Grow up lol

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ask them what they think of your hair and flares from the last millennium ???????.

i was there and I bet they were cringey too ! 

Look pretty sick to me. 

See what I did there? I can move with the times.

Image result for big hair and flares images

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

When you are in a hole stop digging.:thumbup::thumbup:

54 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

As does nearly every lad who’s with it in this generation, it’s just society, I don’t care what they do, in reason, if they perform on the pitch, just another reason for the older blokes in the stand to have a go at em every week.

Trouble is they didn't perform on the pitch yet still went on to do their idiotic routine. That is what people laugh at them for.

Edited by Bunyip

58 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Chilwell and Maddison did OK, Iheanacho was isolated so unfair to criticise despite what most fans think and Gray was below average but not woeful. People laugh at them because they don’t move with the times and don’t understand, its like my dad wouldn’t listen to the same music I listen to because he grew up in a different generation just like you disagree with me on the handshake thing, wasn’t about in your day and is in mine, just get over it and support them for their football.

Or alternatively, it could be that they are of a generation that has no awareness of their responsibilities or respect for the paying fans who have just seen a dire effort from them and are not happy that they treat the whole thing as a playtime with my mate's attitude. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 02:19, Bert said:

Keep enjoying the games from your laptop :thumbup: 

His passing had nothing to do with the goal. But it’s letting the team because of how many times he gives the ball away trying a simple pass. 

My bad. Forgot the law that prohibits persons from watching live games and subsequent MOTD or other video highlights. :rolleyes:

Dude, when you are in a hole quit digging. There’s a load of stuff that can be said about Wilf and his passing, but NEITHER was at fault for Alli’s goal. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t think they’d have made it as Premier League footballers and top athletes if they did have that attitude tbh so

I see your point and I think it's a good one. Maybe because they are young they need a bit of guidance from the club as to what is and isn't appropriate to do on the pitch in front of fans and learn from it. 

Edited by Bunyip

On 09/12/2018 at 10:05, Cityfox60 said:

Seeing the England contingent players laughing and joking with their Spurs counterparts at the final whistle didn't help my mood either! I certainly wasn't laughing after watching that shite. Just shows that they aren't that bothered about losing.

Supporters aren't laughing after the crap we watch week in week out. 

If i was on 30-40 grand  a week i dont think i would be particularly bothered either...dont think they would have had the same mindset if they knew they would have to face someone like Alec Ferguson in the changing room afterwards

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Again, your insight disarms me.

I now realise that what I took as these young mens' desperate desire to conform with social orthodoxy is actually deeply mistaken.

Obviously human nature, which has remained largely unchanged for several thousand years has now taken on new forms which elderly dicks like me can not begin to get their snowy heads around. 

Good of you to take the time to point it out though.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

My bad. Forgot the law that prohibits persons from watching live games and subsequent MOTD or other video highlights. :rolleyes:

Dude, when you are in a hole quit digging. There’s a load of stuff that can be said about Wilf and his passing, but NEITHER was at fault for Alli’s goal. 

Wilf was partly at fault. Deal with it. You do understand that as a defensive midfielder you’re supposed to track the oppositions runs into a box, you know the lung busting one you mentioned (especially a number 10, like Alli) and if you’re not doing so, you’re either out of position or not doing your job. So that’s why Wilf is partly at fault. Which I have maintained. And if you’re gonna try and dig me out, I’ll do the same to you. Yes you get to watch the game and highlights on your laptop. But do you see all the off the ball stuff? No. 

Have you ever been to a game? 

17 hours ago, Bert said:

Wilf was partly at fault. Deal with it. You do understand that as a defensive midfielder you’re supposed to track the oppositions runs into a box, you know the lung busting one you mentioned (especially a number 10, like Alli) and if you’re not doing so, you’re either out of position or not doing your job. So that’s why Wilf is partly at fault. Which I have maintained. And if you’re gonna try and dig me out, I’ll do the same to you. Yes you get to watch the game and highlights on your laptop. But do you see all the off the ball stuff? No. 

Have you ever been to a game?

Of course! And while going to games is great, next time you are at a game perhaps you should pay attention to what’s happening on the field. lol

Returning to the substantive discourse at hand, NOPE! Wilf was not primarily responsible for tracking Alli because he was already chasing down (and eventually caught up with) Lucas down the middle, while Evans was the nearest City player to Alli (given that Chilly was still jogging back) and was in fact looking directly at Alli as the latter made his run into our box.

Meanwhile, speaking of bursting a lung to catch up with play, when the Spurs move began following Mendy’s misplaced pass, Wilf was actually AHEAD (maybe 5-10 yards ahead) of Mendy near the center line while Mendy was standing right beside Son (with Son right in front of him). By the time the ball got into our box, Wilf had not only run back past Mendy’s position but had chased down Lucas and caught up with play, while in contrast Mendy who had since lost Son was nowhere near the play with pretty much the same casual attitude he had earlier shown in the course of Son’s first-half goal (in fact he was outside our box and entirely out of the frame of play) and Chilly was still jogging back to catch up with play. But (proceeding along your rather tortured train of logic) because Wilf’s passing is generally subpar, he was supposed to be (while in the process of supporting our attack before Mendy’s horror pass) be simultaneously covering Son, Lucas and Alli (in fact why stop there? Perhaps all 10 opposition outfield players?). SMDH

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Probably more than you ever will.

Returning to the substantive discourse at hand, NOPE! Wilf was not primarily responsible for tracking Alli because he was already chasing down (and eventually caught up with) Lucas down the middle, while Evans was the nearest City player to Alli (given that Chilly was still jogging back) and was in fact looking directly at Alli as the later made his run into our box. Meanwhile, speaking of bursting a lung to catch up with play, when the Spurs move began following Mendy’s misplaced pass, Wilf was actually AHEAD (maybe 5-10 yards ahead) of Mendy near the center line while Mendy was standing right beside Son (with Son right in front of him). By the time the ball got into our box, Wilf had not only run back past Mendy’s position but had chased down Lucas and caught up with play, while in contrast Mendy had since lost Son was nowhere near the play (in fact was out our box and the frame of play) and Chilly was still jogging back to catch up with play. But (proceeding along your rather tortured train of logic) because Wilf’s passing is generally subpar, he was supposed to be (while in the process of supporting our attack before Mendy’s horror pass) be simultaneously covering Son, Lucas and Alli (in fact why stop there? Perhaps all 10 opposition outfield players?). Perhaps next time you are at a game, you should pay more attention to what’s actually happening on the field of play. SMDH

You have to forgive Bert, his "ITK" and "ex pro-footballer" status sometimes make him think he has a monopoly on correct opinions. He isn't always like that though.

So we lost by an offside goal and a cracker that became so because we were tiring in the 46th minute of the first half to a CL knockout stage opponent. It's really not as bad as people make out.