Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, Gerbold said:

So that presupposes that you'd prefer a losing relegation battle followed by an indefinite term in the Championship - 'cos that's the way it works. Having reached the position we're in I'd prefer to see us stay in the Prem and hope that Topp & Co. do what they have to do (in terms of recruiting staff, managerial and player changes) while safely ensconced at the highest level. Vichai ensured that the Club moved into a stable condition and I'm hoping that the ambition is to keep it that way.

Of course you could change your allegiance to Forest or Derby if you want to see consistent "scrapping".

As usual, you missed the whole point. It was a comparison of relative excitement and entertainment versus mid-table mediocrity and sheer tedium we are witnessing at the present and have been witnessing since Puels appointment. I have no intention of changing my allegiance how about you changing your record? 

6 hours ago, Foxboy said:

May as well start following villa then mate, i'm sure their fans are loving life atm

So because I dislike our current mode of football I should go and support another club rather than be honest? I'm sure there are a lot of Leicester fans who are just as bored and fed up as the Villa fans, irrespective of what league they are in.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Two, Ricardo and Gray. But why, surely you'd rest them against Spurs? We've gone from possibly 3 points then 0, to 1 point then 0.

It's easy to say in hindsight, but yeah.

Regardless of the team we played at Fulham, we should be beating them as they really are pathetic. We just have too many players not performing consistently enough at the moment and we are not playing well enough for long enough periods of games. We are a young side, so this is to be expected to an extent but it's clear to see when we have a key player like Vardy missing, we don't have any good enough replacements. As many have said so many times on here, our squad is ridiculously unbalanced with far too many defensive players and no where near enough attacking threat. 

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Both come around,once a year. People either pull,or go crackers...We say Jesus,in a good and bad event,even when we argue,over football

We come out with.. "Jesus,Mary and Joseph"

So your the odd one out...the other Two things gives us hope and enjoyment....you are just a very grumpy man,who needs a cuddle!!!

I'm sorry?

My appraisal? 

Spurs probably could have gone up a gear or two and canned us if they they weren't playing within themselves. with I think they have one eye on a miracle in Barcelona. No Kane or Erikson at the start proves that. 

Leicester? Same old same old. Some decent football at times that threatens to get you out of your seat, but ultimately goes back or sideways to keep possession instead of thrusting forward to create a chance. And when that chance does come we either deliver a tame pass back shot, or panic like **** (shhhoooot) trying to put laces through it it that it ends high wide and not so hansom.  Now if only some had thought to do find row Z in the 45th minute instead of trying to keep possession then Son wouldn't have scored a wonder goal. It might not be pretty but I've yet to see a goal scored when the ball is in the roof of the stadium. :thumbup:

Some people in Nachos back should remember he's only a kid and trying to follow Vards is not an easy task. He was pointing and making runs down the middle and almost never got a pass. It went wide or back. :S He might be shit, or just young and low in confidence. Time will tell, we should back him regardless. 

But there were some highlights at the game. 

84th minute 

"you're fuc*ing sh it" chant from Spurs.

85th min to full time  reply

"WE WON THE LEAGUE" 

"YOU'VE WON FU CK ALL" :appl::scarf:

And after the game walking to Aylestone Rd with different sections of the crowd taking turns,, all singing "Vichai had a dream" :clap:

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Two, Ricardo and Gray. But why, surely you'd rest them against Spurs? We've gone from possibly 3 points then 0, to 1 point then 0.

It's easy to say in hindsight, but yeah.

Gray played, so wouldn’t call that a rest. But hey, I’m with you. They should’ve played against a weaker side. 

9 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

And if Rachel had a pair of balls, s/he would be a bloke... :rolleyes:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda childish Strawman Argument. Again, what does Ndidi’s passing have to do with this particular goal? Meanwhile. in respect of the actual substantive discourse at hand, while only you and one or two other FTers are blindly arguing that the goal was Ndidi’s fault, I am not in the least interested in a poll but would simply stick to discussing FACTS - after all, there exists lots of folks who still believe in a flat earth! lol Accordingly, the fallacy that Ndidi was the person primarily responsible for covering Alli (rather than Evans who was nearest to Alli or Chilly who was jogging back while Alli was bursting a lung to catch up with play) is easily exposed by the FACTS (which can be viewed on the highlight videos) for the drivel it is. 

Keep enjoying the games from your laptop :thumbup: 

His passing had nothing to do with the goal. But it’s letting the team because of how many times he gives the ball away trying a simple pass. 

On 09/12/2018 at 09:10, kingfox said:

Against Spurs with no proper striker up front you have to be realistic, yesterday was always going to be a struggle.

Were we passive, slow and showed no aggression against Watford last week?

End of last season was so much worse than it is now, we've beaten numerous teams we should be beating, few disappointing draws here and there, positive losses to Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. The Bournemouth loss was the only real time this season where I've felt proper pissed off and angry.

Any point against a top six side is looked upon as a bonus, maybe we wanted more last night because it's Spurs; however I saw what I expected, a young developing side with no recognised striker unsurprisingly struggling.

Actually at times against Watford... yes we were... hence why they had so many chances! 

On Tottenham... they are called 'Spursy' for a reason... put them under pressure, get in their face, press them into mistakes, they will make them. What did we do... sit off and let them have the easiest 3 points they will get all season. That is not good enough and the manager must take blame for it. 

We cannot revert to 'no vardy' and 'young team' as an excuse every time we play poorly, especially at home.

I just found the whole performance on Saturday, a summary of Puel and his philosophy. Teams used to fear playing us at home... doubt they feel the same now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Actually at times against Watford... yes we were... hence why they had so many chances! 

On Tottenham... they are called 'Spursy' for a reason... put them under pressure, get in their face, press them into mistakes, they will make them. What did we do... sit off and let them have the easiest 3 points they will get all season. That is not good enough and the manager must take blame for it. 

We cannot revert to 'no vardy' and 'young team' as an excuse every time we play poorly, especially at home.

I just found the whole performance on Saturday, a summary of Puel and his philosophy. Teams used to fear playing us at home... doubt they feel the same now. 

During the 15/16 season. We’ve been abit of a circus since then though. I remember Middlesbrough playing us off the park only 2 seasons ago. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

On Tottenham... they are called 'Spursy' for a reason... put them under pressure, get in their face, press them into mistakes, they will make them.

That's the Spurs who have dropped points to teams outside the top 6 only twice in not far off 11 months? That would suggest it's not really as easy as you make out. Especially when you're without the two players that used to elevate us to nearer their level in Vardy and Mahrez. We were crap, but there is no need to make it out to be an easy task.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's the Spurs who have dropped points to teams outside the top 6 only twice in not far off 11 months? That would suggest it's not really as easy as you make out. Especially when you're without the two players that used to elevate us to nearer their level in Vardy and Mahrez. We were crap, but there is no need to make it out to be an easy task.

Vardy scored a pretty special goal when we last beat them aswell.  Cant expect to pull goals like that out of the bag often

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Regardless of the team we played at Fulham, we should be beating them as they really are pathetic. We just have too many players not performing consistently enough at the moment and we are not playing well enough for long enough periods of games. We are a young side, so this is to be expected to an extent but it's clear to see when we have a key player like Vardy missing, we don't have any good enough replacements. As many have said so many times on here, our squad is ridiculously unbalanced with far too many defensive players and no where near enough attacking threat. 

Agreed and who do we blame for that unbalance? The thing is creating a young side is fine but by the time they jell together and start producing we all know what will happen the likes of Chilwell, Maddison, Maguire will all be sold to bigger clubs and the money we get for them will be pissed away on third rate replacements.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Foxboy said:

The games just finished, you think both teams should all just head straight for the tunnel taking no notice of their opposition?

No matter what level you play at you shake hands and congratulate the team that’s won. Whether they’re your fiercest rivals or your closest mates. Pathetic for you to think that a simple display of sportsmanship and respect to our opponents is disrespectful to the fans. If you found it offensive you’ve clearly got your head screwed on wrong.

You are in the minority. It wasn't just a handshake was it ? it was stupid little dancing and disrespectful to the fans who had just paid hard earned cash to watch an abject surrender. If you found that acceptable then it's you who's head is screwed on wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Agreed and who do we blame for that unbalance? The thing is creating a young side is fine but by the time they jell together and start producing we all know what will happen the likes of Chilwell, Maddison, Maguire will all be sold to bigger clubs and the money we get for them will be pissed away on third rate replacements.  

Ranieri and Shakespeare/the recruitment team under them who left us with dross like Musa, Benalouane and players not suited to England like Iborra and Silva? Let's be fair with Puels recruitment - we've been shouting for a right back for two years: first signing he makes in the summer. We've been talking about how we need a proper number 10: signed early doors. January is a difficult market to work in, how many big restructuring jobs happen midseason? But his recruitment plan so far has been what everyone was crying for 18 months ago 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Ranieri and Shakespeare/the recruitment team under them who left us with dross like Musa, Benalouane and players not suited to England like Iborra and Silva? Let's be fair with Puels recruitment - we've been shouting for a right back for two years: first signing he makes in the summer. We've been talking about how we need a proper number 10: signed early doors. January is a difficult market to work in, how many big restructuring jobs happen midseason? But his recruitment plan so far has been what everyone was crying for 18 months ago 

I agree, I think hes been a blessing for our club not for results and performance but setting a new foundation and promising talent to LCFC. I didnt see Satursdays game and im glad i didnt but from what im reading, the players are just not performing and understanding eachother aswell as we would of hoped this year. There is some serious young talent here so  mayhbe it is lack of experience to adapt and take new instruction as easily as an experienced minded player. who knows. Back on Puel.. We have been waiting for someone to steady the relegation fall and kept us midtable and thats a great place to build the team into a top 6 in time. Not this year or next year but soon. If we keep on and slowly improve player understanding and cement a playing style thats exciting and dangerous. Looking good. This isnt something that will happen overnight and it will happen after Puel is gone.

Edited by Simoken

56 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

You are in the minority. It wasn't just a handshake was it ? it was stupid little dancing and disrespectful to the fans who had just paid hard earned cash to watch an abject surrender. If you found that acceptable then it's you who's head is screwed on wrong.

I’m sure if you put out a survey to every single fan at the game half of them wouldn’t of even acknowledged the handshakes because realistically, they meant f all. Like I said early, it’s just a few sad older men who can’t get over small little things like a handshake that clearly shows no disrespect what so ever towards anyone.

I don't mind Puel at all and I don't get what seems to be hatred towards the man, mainly from ****ing idiots. I'd rather allow extra time after all that's happened to the club.

That said, he's really not covering himself in glory at the minute. The team selection at Fulham was pretty bizarre, in a game where we were far more likely to get points than against Spurs. Add to that, having no plan for when we're without Vardy and signing people like Ghezzal who just don't add anything to the team at all. They're just extra numbers.

I'm on the fence. We all know what he's trying to do and we can't just punt it up long all the time, but we look completely lost. Our two most threatening players going forward are Chilwell and Ricardo and none of our wingers do anything. I'd just like to see us go 3-5-2 because it looked good at Arsenal.

Having said all that, if we play a weak team against Man City in the cup again, I can't be arsed with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerbold said:

I don't believe I missed your point at all. It's just that I'm incapable of thinking that I'd prefer City to be in the second tier. I don't experience these games as mediocre or tedious - but I get involved emotionally. You appear to need a different stimulus. Perhaps you suffer from ADHD.

No, I wouldn't expect you to change allegiance, but it's interesting to see how you'll kneejerk - given the necessary provocation.

And inferring that I have ADHD is your attempt at provocation? Do you usually use a mental health problem to bolster your argument? if so that says more about you than me. I realised that my opinion doesn't fit your agenda or narrative but that doesn't make you right. Honestly, you really did miss the point.

Edited by Bunyip

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Fair enough good points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

I’m sure if you put out a survey to every single fan at the game half of them wouldn’t of even acknowledged the handshakes because realistically, they meant f all. Like I said early, it’s just a few sad older men who can’t get over small little things like a handshake that clearly shows no disrespect what so ever towards anyone.

So you using the term " old men "  in some sort of derogatory remark is not disrespectful then? What has someone's age got to do with anything?

Edited by Bunyip

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

So you using the term " old men "  in some sort of derogatory remark is not disrespectful then? What has someone's age got to do with anything?

Never said I wasn’t being disrespectful... or did chilwell, Alli and Maddison also call you old and sad? If so, good on them.

Your age actually has to do with quite a lot tbh, assuming you are an older man, you’re less exposed to social media and are therefore not used to these handshakes etc. Pogba, Alli, lingard and so many more do. Just like I’m sure you hate pogbas ever changing hairstyles. 

If you were of the younger generation (millennial) then I’m sure you wouldn’t mind the handshakes one bit. As you would see them all over your Instagram feed along with many other posts of Maddison chilwell and gray having a laugh and enjoying themselves as LCFC players. 

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

Never said I wasn’t being disrespectful... or did chilwell, Alli and Maddison also call you old and sad? If so, good on them.

Your age actually has to do with quite a lot tbh, assuming you are an older man, you’re less exposed to social media and are therefore not used to these handshakes etc. Pogba, Alli, lingard and so many more do. Just like I’m sure you hate pogbas ever changing hairstyles. 

If you were of the younger generation (millennial) then I’m sure you wouldn’t mind the handshakes one bit. As you would see them all over your Instagram feed along with many other posts of Maddison chilwell and gray having a laugh and enjoying themselves as LCFC players. 

He's quite right, you know. 

People of my age - people who grew up in the 60s - have no  precedent to get their heads around young people acting oddly have they?

i mean, kids doing weird handshakes on Instagram certainly makes our cultural revolution look pretty tame doesn't it?

• Haha 1