Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, give your head a wobble.

People are losing their heads because we're dull to watch at the moment. I dread to think what this place would be like if we were in the bottom three right now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bert said:

They’re both at fault. N’Didi is covering so should track the run but switches off. Chilwell then needs to get across. Regardless, it was a poor goal all round to concede. Also N’Didi still needs to learn how to pass. 

How was he supposed to be covering Alli, when Evan is between him and Alli? Not to mention that he has Lucas closest to him.

Meanwhile, exactly what has his passing got to do with this goal? Wasn’t it Mendy that gave away the ball, turning attack into defense? Or are you one of those here on FT who reach conclusions on the performance of certain players even BEFORE kick-off?! lol

Edited by NaijaFox

10 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Watch it again, Evans and Ndidi are covering and neither picked up Alli because Ndidi goes to the ball when there is no reason to do so.

Evans is between Ndidi and Alli. And Ndidi did not “go to the ball” (Wes did). Rather, Ndidi backs up towards Lucas and our goal, and therefore the Spurs player that Ndidi could rationally be said to be (or rather should have been) “covering” would be Lucas.

Meanwhile, Chilly was jogging back while Alli was bursting a gut to get into the action, so why does he get a pass?

Edited by NaijaFox

11 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Actually no, watch again. Evans is literally between two men not marking anyone, and is too deep. He plays Alli on.

3 defenders there all ball watching on heals. 

Chilly had been up the pitch on attack, the fact he made it back as far as he did was some effort!

Well give him a cookie then! lol

The entire team was moving up on attack (and the Spurs players, including Alli, were falling back in defense) when Mendy gifted Spurs the ball. Some players were simply more switched on and thus able to scrabble back on defense faster than others (albeit in a disorganized manner due to the suddenness of Mendy’s turnover).

Edited by NaijaFox

4 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Yeah it’s got nothing to do with the fact that chilwell and all I have been playing football with each other since they were kids. Or that they all play together in the England squad.

Do you want Maddison to go up and give Alli a right hook after the next? Maybe pick up a nice season long suspension, that’ll bring team morale right up.

The point is there’s a time and place to do that - in the tunnel, around the changing rooms.

Not in the middle of the pitch after a pathetic display.  It’s disrespectful to fans who have paid a lot of money to watch that shit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I'm going against the grain here but I don't believe we actually played that bad. Spurs deserved their win but I wouldn't fault us for effort.

We all love a good chuckle at Spurs but there is no denying that they are a decent enough well run club who have grown considerably over the years. If anything they are a model we should aspire to. Not since maybe Newcastle in the 90s have a team broke into the Top 6 over a couple of years on a more modest budget.

We had a lot of the ball but we just don't have a decent striker to make it count. If was tough to watch Gray trying to make something happen.

I wouldn't be too hard on Claude for where we are at. He has made some good signings in Ricardo and Evans and even Ghezzal showed a few nice touches when he came on. He's annoyed as us over having to rely on Nacho but he should get a chance to bring in a decent forward.

Disappointing night but was always gonna be a big ask without Vardy and Maguire. No need to overreact like we always do. Long way to go this season yet.

Not really. Many on here share the same opinion, it’s just that the Naysayers tend to be louder. lol

6 hours ago, richardsfoxes said:

Quite simple really, to good to go down to shit to break into the top 7. Stuck in limbo

Agree... and thats not good enough for me... but puel knows he wont get sacked if we are out if bottom 4.

I can understand puel being happy with mid table plateau. ... but why are so many fans content?

25 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I'm going against the grain here but I don't believe we actually played that bad. Spurs deserved their win but I wouldn't fault us for effort.

We all love a good chuckle at Spurs but there is no denying that they are a decent enough well run club who have grown considerably over the years. If anything they are a model we should aspire to. Not since maybe Newcastle in the 90s have a team broke into the Top 6 over a couple of years on a more modest budget.

We had a lot of the ball but we just don't have a decent striker to make it count. If was tough to watch Gray trying to make something happen.

I wouldn't be too hard on Claude for where we are at. He has made some good signings in Ricardo and Evans and even Ghezzal showed a few nice touches when he came on. He's annoyed as us over having to rely on Nacho but he should get a chance to bring in a decent forward.

Disappointing night but was always gonna be a big ask without Vardy and Maguire. No need to overreact like we always do. Long way to go this season yet.

Last nights impotent performance  (two words mrs f ofte5m mentions in the same breath) was no blip..... its was part of  a trend impecably sustained since January 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

The point is there’s a time and place to do that - in the tunnel, around the changing rooms.

Not in the middle of the pitch after a pathetic display.  It’s disrespectful to fans who have paid a lot of money to watch that shit.

This is absolutely spot on. Wanna suck each other off, do it away from the paying public. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Last nights impotent performance  (two words mrs f ofte5m mentions in the same breath) was no blip..... its was part of  a trend impecably sustained since January 

Yeah but but but you're just "cherry picking" a date to start from... we were sizzling before that in Puel's honeymoon period.

You can't use a 10 month period to judge the manager.

Well you can use the first three months of his tenure - but not the more recent 10 months lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yeah but but but you're just "cherry picking" a date to start from... we were sizzling before that in Puel's honeymoon period.

Well you can use the first three months of his tenure - but not the more recent 10 months lol

Lets just look at this season then....  i can see where this is going. .. can u?

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

How was he supposed to be covering Alli, when Evan is between him and Alli? Not to mention that he has Lucas closest to him.

Meanwhile, exactly what has his passing got to do with this goal? Wasn’t it Mendy that gave away the ball, turning attack into defense? Or are you one of those here on FT who reach conclusions on the performance of certain players even BEFORE kick-off?! lol

He’s a central midfielder. He cannot pass for shit. It’s shambolic. No, I’m one of those fans that goes to every game and says what I see from the stands. Maybe you should try it. You’re the only person that’s saying N’Didi has no fault. Quite frankly, if N’Didi wasnt so good at winning the ball back, he’d be nowhere near any premier league side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Geoff, I was merely making the point that stats can be used to suit an argument. Let's take Pearson's great escape- was it 7 wins in 9 or 9 wins in 33?

My bigger issue is that the past three managers have all had very similar points returns from their first 8 or so games yet two of them have slipped back after the initial improvement and even Ranieri, a title winner, had a truly abysmal spell before he left. Do the players not respond after a while? Do the managers change?

Maybe we should appoint a manager for 8 games, get the 16/17 points they manage then replace them?

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Spurs were good with a world class centre back pairing. They controlled the play and were capable of a wonderful goal. 

As simple as that in some games 

I dont disagree with what you're saying but the world class centre back pairing didn't even get tested. Our lack of attacking options is a joke and we will not finish in the top half of the table if we don't get a least 1 decent attacker in January. As I keep saying, losing to spurs is no crime, but rolling over and giving spurs one of the easiest games they'll have all season is just not acceptable. They will be so grateful to us giving them such an easy game with them playing Barce in midweek

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

This is absolutely spot on. Wanna suck each other off, do it away from the paying public. 

Get a grip lads, how is it disrespectful to have friends in another team? 

If we’d beat spurs and Maddison went to shake dellis hand and delli brushed past him taking no notice you’d all be throwing a fit about how disrespectful that is. It’s a lose lose with some of the sad acts on here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

The games just finished, you think both teams should all just head straight for the tunnel taking no notice of their opposition?

No matter what level you play at you shake hands and congratulate the team that’s won. Whether they’re your fiercest rivals or your closest mates. Pathetic for you to think that a simple display of sportsmanship and respect to our opponents is disrespectful to the fans. If you found it offensive you’ve clearly got your head screwed on wrong.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I watched the whole game live and believe me we did not have any kind of hard luck. We deserved nothing out of the game and that is what we got. Spurs never had to break into a sweat. After they scored the first goal everyone in the ground knew that was the end of the game. Don't take any notice of MOTD highlights they are nowhere near the truth.  

Very rare we agree, @Bunyipbut though we looked ok ish around the pitch,and I do look at all our games from a bias point...We didn't look committed or

That any group of players shown enough intensity and were  lacking basic gameday discipline. Forget whether one is for or against Puel,the players yesterday

even those who have shown some form,seemed not interested in putting any high performance of thought into creating anything.

I didn't expect to win yesterday,and now with Vardy struggling with injuries and Ndidi either out of form,or showing his true end potential,

I thought the team,with its so called youthful spirit,would at least show that "spirit". 

I have and will carry on defending the "whole" more than I will go into heavy criticism...,but if we put it regular performances with an assumed

Low attitude,like yesterday.....I will like them stop trying.!!!

Yes our Striker situation is desperate,and it we are not willing to try something different,GrayDiabate/Another ,then Nacho somehow has to

Click into that needed,begging for,potential. 

I always believed we would pan between 8-14th,then hopefully find consistency into the new year. 

like many I am happy with the individual  successes,but disappointed that the squad isn't as good as we hoped,to create a 12-14 player

1st team. At the moment inconsistent form,as prevented even our ' believed' reliable players,to whole support the youth,and newbuys.

I never go into "must win" mode,but taking into account these first games have shown incredible inconsistencies,from team and individuals.

Then teams below us,have started their own positive runs,that could see them start leapfrog us,we will need to carry on to pick up points

No matter who the opposition is!!! We come out of the festive season up to and including Jan.12 with Soton on the positive side of 10-12th,

We will be IMO  doing well. If however we only pick up meager points,we could with a non-confident squad,be fighting for survival.

I can see the negatives,but mainly tend to stay optimistic ,so we are all going to have a a great yuletide...:santa: :ill::cheers:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Get a grip lads, how is it disrespectful to have friends in another team? 

If we’d beat spurs and Maddison went to shake dellis hand and delli brushed past him taking no notice you’d all be throwing a fit about how disrespectful that is. It’s a lose lose with some of the sad acts on here.

There’s a difference between shaking hands and saying well done to each other, than there is gathering in the centre circle surrounded by TV cameras and doing their own attention-seeking made up dance routines and pissing about after being spanked at home 2-0 without even troubling the opposition keeper. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

There’s a difference between shaking hands and saying well done to each other, than there is gathering in the centre circle surrounded by TV cameras and doing their own attention-seeking made up dance routines and pissing about after being spanked at home 2-0 without even troubling the opposition keeper. 

There’s absolutely no difference what so ever. They are friends off the field, chilwell and all I played with each other when they were kids. They’ve known each other for years and obviously when they play with each other they will have their own little handshake or they’ll have sly digs at each other and that. At the end of the day they are young lads enjoying their football.

Also, I’m not sure what game you watched, but they didn’t spank us. They scored with their only 2 shots on target, one was a cracking goal and the other offside. Fair enough we barely tested their keeper but they didn’t exactly offer much themselves. 

7 hours ago, Line-X said:

So is the Checkatrade Trophy. 

Not to enthralled by the EFL Cup - that's all. Very much looking forward to the Third Round of the FA Cup though. 

What does a celebration predicated upon the purported birth of Jesus have to do with the League Cup?

Both come around,once a year. People either pull,or go crackers...We say Jesus,in a good and bad event,even when we argue,over football

We come out with.. "Jesus,Mary and Joseph"

So your the odd one out...the other Two things gives us hope and enjoyment....you are just a very grumpy man,who needs a cuddle!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He’s a central midfielder. He cannot pass for shit. It’s shambolic. No, I’m one of those fans that goes to every game and says what I see from the stands. Maybe you should try it. You’re the only person that’s saying N’Didi has no fault. Quite frankly, if N’Didi wasnt so good at winning the ball back, he’d be nowhere near any premier league side. 

And if Rachel had a pair of balls, s/he would be a bloke... :rolleyes:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda childish Strawman Argument. Again, what does Ndidi’s passing have to do with this particular goal? Meanwhile. in respect of the actual substantive discourse at hand, while only you and one or two other FTers are blindly arguing that the goal was Ndidi’s fault, I am not in the least interested in a poll but would simply stick to discussing FACTS - after all, there exists lots of folks who still believe in a flat earth! lol Accordingly, the fallacy that Ndidi was the person primarily responsible for covering Alli (rather than Evans who was nearest to Alli or Chilly who was jogging back while Alli was bursting a lung to catch up with play) is easily exposed by the FACTS (which can be viewed on the highlight videos) for the drivel it is. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Thanks 1