Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

15 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

What do you think i do? Listen to Ian Stringer?

I'd wish you a happy christmas too, but you'll probably be sat on here being a SCROOGE

Haha yeah, I'll be replying to your silly comments, looking through those rose coloured specs I've bought you for Xmas!?

We all have our opinions, you're obviously happy with our team, deeesire, intensiteee, qualiteee etc. Some of us aren't.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cityfox60 said:

Haha yeah, I'll be replying to your silly comments, looking through those rose coloured specs I've bought you for Xmas!?

We all have our opinions, you're obviously happy with our team, deeesire, intensiteee, qualiteee etc. Some of us aren't.

I'm guessing you're completely fluent in French?

Edited by Fox92
  • Haha 3

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

Quite simple really, to good to go down to shit to break into the top 7. Stuck in limbo

Look back on our history,  being top 10 in premier league is not stuck in limbo,  its nearly as good as it gets 2016 apart. 

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

They didn't need to be good. Nobody is saying that losing to spurs is unacceptable, what is unacceptable is they didn't need to get out of 2nd gear and we made it easy for them. We've always at least given the big teams something to think about and pushed them all the way and Spurs would have found that easy last night which is just not ok from our perspective. We defended well for large parts but our lack of attacking threat meant our defence would eventually cave as they could just keep throwing men forward 

Spurs were good with a world class centre back pairing. They controlled the play and were capable of a wonderful goal. 

As simple as that in some games 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cityfox60 said:

I just remember a time when we were playing Hereford etc and find it difficult to get annoyed at being in the top half of the Premier League.

Our fans are never happy. Give it a couple of weeks and we will have knocked Man City out the cup and you'll be buying your family Puel socks for xmas

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I just remember a time when we were playing Hereford etc and find it difficult to get annoyed at being in the top half of the Premier League.

Our fans are never happy. Give it a couple of weeks and we will have knocked Man City out the cup and you'll be buying your family Puel socks for xmas

Puel socks, alright at the back, threadbare in the middle and your toes hanging out because there's nothing up front?

It's an attempted joke btw.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Give it a couple of weeks and we will have knocked Man City out the cup and you'll be buying your family Puel socks for xmas

"The Cup"??...The League Cup you mean - and no that genuinely wouldn't make me happy unless it was a very encouraging performance. Terrible marginal competition that we've already won three times which no one really cares about anymore (although at least provides revenue for the lower leagues) for what prize? A trip to Wembley, which is hugely devalued and prize money which wouldn't pay Wes's wage for a week and a backdoor entry into Europa. Clutters up the season needlessly. I'd sooner concentrate on the League and the unfinished business of the real cup competition come the third round next month.

16 hours ago, danny2997 said:

As much as I agree Iheanacho had a poor game I find it pathetic how a large portion of our "supporters" jeered him as he was subbed. 

What does that achieve but further knock his confidence? What's this constant obsession with wanting players to fail? 

It's the year we are in. It's either instant success or it's a failure. Players are either the dogs bollocks or 'non league level', with nothing in between. I don't 'see it' with Iheanacho, I've said as much, but I'd really like him to prove me wrong. 

As for booing our own players, I don't agree with that. You're right, it can't help in any way at all. The counter argument some might raise is that I watched it for free and didn't pay £50 for a ticket. That's fair enough I suppose but I can't see how booing him will help at all. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

"The Cup"??...The League Cup you mean - and no that genuinely wouldn't make me happy unless it was a very encouraging performance. Terrible marginal competition that we've already won three times which no one really cares about anymore (although at least provides revenue for the lower leagues) for what prize? A trip to Wembley, which is hugely devalued and prize money which wouldn't pay Wes's wage for a week and a backdoor entry into Europa. Clutters up the season needlessly. I'd sooner concentrate on the League and the unfinished business of the real cup competition come the third round next month.

Which also gets you into the Europa League if you win it. If we want to be successful (either winning a cup or finishing 7th), the Europa League will follow.

1 hour ago, richardsfoxes said:

Quite simple really, to good to go down to shit to break into the top 7. Stuck in limbo

Agree... and thats not good enough for me... but puel knows he wont get sacked if we are out if bottom 4.

I can understand puel being happy with mid table plateau. ... but why are so many fans content?