Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Benkovic, Ward, Soyuncu, Maddison and Evans were all signed by the club. Puel has no say I’m any of those signings, this I know for a fact. 

All signed under puels reign thoug

2 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Right... I refrained from posting last night as I would have written from the heart not the head. Having had time to reflect here's my observations:

- We have a group of potentially above average youngsters but nothing more. 

- We're technically not as good on the ball as I originally thought, always needing two touches rather than moving the ball quickly with one touch football to open up space. 

- This group of player's are way too soft. 

- Some of our hyped player's (won't call them out) need to work alot harder if they want to win anything throughout their careers. 

- I can take watching us being outclassed by a better side, but find it hard to accept when the player's don't work hard to at least try and compete. 

- If we want to progress to a top team the board need to stop spending above average amounts on potential star's of the future and go all out on proven player's who will definitely make a difference. 

- We are at least 2 top class player's short of being a decent side capable of competing with the league's better teams. 

- Why do we have only two striker's capable of finishing (subjective I know) in the squad? 

- As much as it pains me to say it but both Son and Alli were in a league of their own on that pitch last night. 

- How on earth is Son a bit part player at Spurs?!? 

Overall a very frustrating watch last night, let's hope we can learn from this performance and offer more moving forwards. 

Son is not just a bit part player at spurs, seen this posted 2-3 times now. He kissed the start of the season because he was away winning the Asian games for shout Korea, basically single handedly. Therefore expecting him from military service for South Korea. Now he’s back at spurs and is straight into the team, probably the third name going on that team sheet week in week out.

15 minutes ago, Cityfox60 said:

Palace.....spanking as usual

Man City(cup)....no hope

Chelsea....thrashing

Man City.....no hope again!

Cardiff....possible point but Cardiff will target this as a win.

Everton......easy Everton win

14th/15th after that lot!

Happy Christmas & New Year!?? Ho ho

What's the winning lottery numbers for next Saturday bud?

Glad I missed it by the sound of it. But in truth did anyone honestly expect any other result. The top 5 are way ahead of the rest of the league and we are one of the sides that could finish anywhere between 10th and 20th.

At the end of December we will have a true reflection on the season when everyone will pretty much have played each other side at least once.

We have some promising young players and one decent striker but we sold by far our best player in the summer and despite some half decent replacements he is a big loss.

My main concerns are;

Inconsistency-  only to be expected with young players and with those with little top level experience

The lack of creative players - far too much depends upon Maddison

Too few goal scorers who score on a regular basis-  could possibly be addressed in January at a cost

Move the ball too slowly especially in the transistion phase  and we are far too static- no idea how this can be resolved

Lack of intensity-   Young players should at least be able to do this but we are far too passive in games, far too nice and not aggresive enough. I have to say that this seems to be becoming more endemic with each and every passing game. I'm not calling for fouls etc but sometimes you need to get into the face of the opponents. A year after Puel'sappointment we have either abandoned this approach or the players are just choosing not to do it.

As for Puel I have never been convinced and whilst we are doing ok in regards to league position this month could see us slip down some places and be closer to the bottom than 7th. I understand all the pro arguments but is there really any genuine improvement or is it all a bit emperor's new clothes type of thing? We get the odd half an hour or so when we do look good but most of the time it is turgid rubbish if we are honest. We manage to beat opponents in the bottom half, not always that convincingly, but against the top sides we seem to have no hope of getting a result and I wonder if the players really believe they can beat these sides.

The next few games will tell us a lot about where we  really are.

Just now, Cityfox60 said:

Just speaking the truth....Bud

Are you?

You've predicted 1 point or 0 points from our next six games. You may be correct, but you won't know if you're 'just speaking the truth' until all those games have been played. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

We gave Liverpool much more of a game than Spurs tonight, was it just Maguire being the difference? We lost that too but they were never in cruise control against us and they're a couple of notches above Spurs.

I agree. We also looked really good at times against Manchester Utd and Arsenal(first half) earlier this season. I'm not sure if it's just down to Maguire being much more attack minded in terms of both bringing the ball out of defence and attacking the ball from corners but he is a big miss in that respect. 

17 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Are you?

You've predicted 1 point or 0 points from our next six games. You may be correct, but you won't know if you're 'just speaking the truth' until all those games have been played. 

Nit picking, mate.

Ok, my 'predictions'....we all have our opinions. 

Been to many games?....we've been fairly poor most of the season tbh. Took some very lucky points. (I guess you'll say all teams do that)

Its been extremely poor recently....lucky at Fulham & should've lost against Southampton in the cup...both very poor sides.

3 minutes ago, Cityfox60 said:

Nit picking, mate.

Been to many games?....we've been fairly poor most of the season tbh. Took some very lucky points. (I guess you'll say all teams do that)

Its been extremely poor recently....lucky at Fulham & should've lost against Southampton in the cup...both very poor sides.

We have lost some unlucky points too

Made enough chances to bury Burnley for example

3 minutes ago, Cityfox60 said:

Nit picking, mate.

It's not nit picking at all. You spoke as if it's fact we'll take a maximum of one point before January.

It is your predictions. However, I agree, we have taken some lucky points, as you say, but the other side of that coin is when we've played ok and could have taken something but didn't. 

I'm not disagreeing that we've been fairly poor, I just don't think you can write off the next six games as you did. As for recently, again, I agree. I was completely dissatisfied with the performance against Southampton (regardless of changes) and said so on here. Fulham wasn't great but not as bad as people make out and I described us yesterday as lightweight and toothless in the post match thread. A lot of what you've said, I agree with, just not writing off the next 6 games before a ball is kicked. 

Guest Markyblue

Followed the boys for 48 years in that time it's mostly been a struggle with moments of pure joy. I've now seen us win the premier league 2 league cups and various championship and first division promotions. Ive followed them into Europe and down to harlow and Exeter,  we are Leicester and not man utd or Liverpool but many /most other clubs will never see their team win the premier league EVER. Yes we always want better but sometimes be thankful for what we have achieved. 

3 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

It's not nit picking at all. You spoke as if it's fact we'll take a maximum of one point before January.

It is your predictions. However, I agree, we have taken some lucky points, as you say, but the other side of that coin is when we've played ok and could have taken something but didn't. 

I'm not disagreeing that we've been fairly poor, I just don't think you can write off the next six games as you did. As for recently, again, I agree. I was completely dissatisfied with the performance against Southampton (regardless of changes) and said so on here. Fulham wasn't great but not as bad as people make out and I described us yesterday as lightweight and toothless in the post match thread. A lot of what you've said, I agree with, just not writing off the next 6 games before a ball is kicked. 

Fair enough.

Believe me, I absolutely hate writing off those immediate matches, but I've just not seen anything else recently to suggest otherwise. 

I really do hope I'm wrong!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cityfox60 said:

Man City(cup)....no hope

Chelsea....thrashing

You miserable git

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozvaldo said:

What really annoys me is ****ing amount of hugging and smiling and chatting Maddison and Chilly were giving to Spurs last night after the loss.  I hate it.

We had a chance to go 7th and continue the unbeaten mentality.  

We played like shit, particularly in the 2nd half.  Yet they’re there laughing and joking right after the whistle.  I want my players to look pissed off after a performance and result like that.  Not sucking Dele Alli’s bits & pieces.  

Agreed. Modern football for you.

Maddison and Chilwell will be at a top 6 club in 2 years anyway so who cares right?

Some people paid £50+ to watch that

1 minute ago, Cityfox60 said:

Haha, not at all.

Go & watch some games instead of writing a stupid comment like that, then you'll see what I mean.

if not, have a nice Christmas??

What do you think i do? Listen to Ian Stringer?

I'd wish you a happy christmas too, but you'll probably be sat on here being a SCROOGE

Man City(cup)....no hope

Chelsea....thrashing

Jesus Christ above...happy Christmas mate!!

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

when we lose people get the ****ing magnifying glass out and look for any old shite to moan about.

moan about maturity because of a few hand shakes yet have completely forgotten the huge levels of maturity on show regarding vichai over the last few weeks.

****ing PATHETIC behaviour and I'm way more sick and tired of bullshit like this than anything remotely to do with the quality of our football at the moment. 

if anything turns me off our club at present it's the spoilt, over-expectant, part-time supporter / full-time moaner attitude of 'fans' that have rocked up since our title win. 

no perspective, whatsoever and I wish they would hand their season tickets back in so someone who wants to actually SUPPORT the club can come down and do so instead.

jokers. 

Spot on. I won't come on here until the next day after we lose for exactly this reason.

• Like 1

Man City(cup)....no hope

Chelsea....thrashing

I love such positive posts!