Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spurs 0-2 Post Match Thread

For me being in the prem league in itself is a blessing. Yes it sucks to see your team play mediocre football and yes we won the league. That was random and has turned our heads to expect more which we should as fans. I dont expect us to ever be able to win the league against the "giants" but would love to get into europa league while still being able to maintain top 7 spot. Thats a tall order when several other teams below us are capable of being in the same spot and have similar expectations.

Where we sit is just about right given how things shake down. For us to challenge top 6 again we need consistency, we need to build our brand so others recognize us as a serious football club and a trophy here or there couldnt hurt.

Btw, i cant stand spurs. I dont know why but their cocky attitude doesnt help. Good team no doubt ( bit of jealousy on that front) but its as if they think they deserve the title as opposed to actually winning/earning it.. if man city didnt have their wealth they could stand a better chance i suppose???...Cant say they are crap but feck off!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

I just remember a time when we were playing Hereford etc and find it difficult to get annoyed at being in the top half of the Premier League.

Our fans are never happy. Give it a couple of weeks and we will have knocked Man City out the cup and you'll be buying your family Puel socks for xmas

Well, you'll be happy when we play the Newport/Wrexham welshies in a few weeks then......mind you, we won't be in the top half of the Prem by then.

As for knocking Citeh out of 'the cup'......good one! Have you been pulling your Xmas crackers early?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cityfox60 said:

Well, you'll be happy when we play the Newport/Wrexham welshies in a few weeks then......mind you, we won't be in the top half of the Prem by then.

As for knocking Citeh out of 'the cup'......good one! Have you been pulling your Xmas crackers early?

The only thing crackers round here is your posts.

I'll get my coat 

56 minutes ago, Line-X said:

"The Cup"??...The League Cup you mean - and no that genuinely wouldn't make me happy unless it was a very encouraging performance. Terrible marginal competition that we've already won three times which no one really cares about anymore (although at least provides revenue for the lower leagues) for what prize? A trip to Wembley, which is hugely devalued and prize money which wouldn't pay Wes's wage for a week and a backdoor entry into Europa. Clutters up the season needlessly. I'd sooner concentrate on the League and the unfinished business of the real cup competition come the third round next month.

Yeah it's still a cup?

You sound really fun.

Can everyone on here lighten up a bit? It's Christmasssssssssss

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Yeah it's still a cup?

You sound really fun.

Can everyone on here lighten up a bit? It's Christmasssssssssss

So is the Checkatrade Trophy. 

Not to enthralled by the EFL Cup - that's all. Very much looking forward to the Third Round of the FA Cup though. 

What does a celebration predicated upon the purported birth of Jesus have to do with the League Cup?

2 hours ago, Cityfox60 said:

Fair enough.

Believe me, I absolutely hate writing off those immediate matches, but I've just not seen anything else recently to suggest otherwise. 

I really do hope I'm wrong!!!

Youve said palace will thrash us, have you seen them this season??

if if you think we are doing bad and are uninspiring try watch a palace game

4 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

What really annoys me is ****ing amount of hugging and smiling and chatting Maddison and Chilly were giving to Spurs last night after the loss.  I hate it.

We had a chance to go 7th and continue the unbeaten mentality.  

We played like shit, particularly in the 2nd half.  Yet they’re there laughing and joking right after the whistle.  I want my players to look pissed off after a performance and result like that.  Not sucking Dele Alli’s bits & pieces.  

Yeah it’s got nothing to do with the fact that chilwell and all I have been playing football with each other since they were kids. Or that they all play together in the England squad.

Do you want Maddison to go up and give Alli a right hook after the next? Maybe pick up a nice season long suspension, that’ll bring team morale right up.

• Haha 2

Last night when I watched Rachid Ghezzal I was wondering again who had the idea to buy him. Maybe some of the foxes fans are interested in his statistics during his AS Monaco year, here they are - he played 26 matches of 38 total League1 matches. He was substituted in 19 games (mostly after 65min or later), replaced in 5 games and played through 90min in 2 games. He scored twice and would have NO assist. In 4 Champions League matches he was substituted 2x, replaced 1x and in the fourth game he received a red card. These characteristics were worth LCFC to buy him for 10m. After the title winning season the list of useless new players is not too short, therefore imo LCFC should think about their scouting department...

People on here saying they're not interested in winning a cup ?....saying 9th is not good enough ?......be very careful what you wish for is all I can say because 2015/16 apart this is probably as good as it will ever get!!! Stoke were bored of mid table mediocrity and rolled the dice and look what happened to them.

I agree there are areas we need to improve on like our attacking options and moving the ball forward quicker and more decisively but to say 'sack the manager' and 'get rid of X, Y and Z' won't guarantee things just get better over night. Puels project is slow (perhaps painfully slow) but until we are near the relegation zone we can't call for his head and not look like spoilt brats. We did this with Ranieri, with Shakespeare and we're lambasted by the media!!

Still think we're having a better season than Man United and look at their manager and players wages (price tags) and massive fan base. They've chopped and changed and got no further...if anything they've digressed.

Edited by tickler28
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Foxboy said:

All signed under puels reign thoug

Son is not just a bit part player at spurs, seen this posted 2-3 times now. He kissed the start of the season because he was away winning the Asian games for shout Korea, basically single handedly. Therefore expecting him from military service for South Korea. Now he’s back at spurs and is straight into the team, probably the third name going on that team sheet week in week out.

Sorry Foxboy have to agree to disagree on both counts I'm afraid. Son's most PL appearances were last season where he started in just over 60% of the games. This season he's started in a similar proportion of games where he's been available despite both Eriksen and Lamela experiencing injuries at one point or another.

As for being the third name on the team sheet, I'm sure Eriksen, Alderweireld, and Lloris to name just a few would all argue that they're ahead of Son in the pecking order. 

25 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Sorry Foxboy have to agree to disagree on both counts I'm afraid. Son's most PL appearances were last season where he started in just over 60% of the games. This season he's started in a similar proportion of games where he's been available despite both Eriksen and Lamela experiencing injuries at one point or another.

As for being the third name on the team sheet, I'm sure Eriksen, Alderweireld, and Lloris to name just a few would all argue that they're ahead of Son in the pecking order. 

Son started 27 games last season and was used as a substitute in 10. Therefore he missed 1 game all season. Starting 70% so maybe third name on the sheet was a bit of an exaggeration but hes hardly a bit part player

2 hours ago, tickler28 said:

People on here saying they're not interested in winning a cup ?....saying 9th is not good enough ?......be very careful what you wish for is all I can say because 2015/16 apart this is probably as good as it will ever get!!! Stoke were bored of mid table mediocrity and rolled the dice and look what happened to them.

I agree there are areas we need to improve on like our attacking options and moving the ball forward quicker and more decisively but to say 'sack the manager' and 'get rid of X, Y and Z' won't guarantee things just get better over night. Puels project is slow (perhaps painfully slow) but until we are near the relegation zone we can't call for his head and not look like spoilt brats. We did this with Ranieri, with Shakespeare and we're lambasted by the media!!

Still think we're having a better season than Man United and look at their manager and players wages (price tags) and massive fan base. They've chopped and changed and got no further...if anything they've digressed.

Do you know what I think I would rather be watching us scrapping for promotion from the Championship than watch this boring negative crap week in week out. It's the worse tedium imaginable. I'm not looking forward to one single game for the rest of the season because I know what it will be like under Puel. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite telling when I'm considering Matty James as being the solution in central midfield, a player I think is complete pony. That's about the long and short of our current central midfield pairing.

I was saying this . ( not the pony bit) 

If he is fit I would definitely see what he can do - if he breaks down long term again then might as well offer him a retirement package 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Do you know what I think I would rather be watching us scrapping for promotion from the Championship than watch this boring negative crap week in week out. It's the worse tedium imaginable. I'm not looking forward to one single game for the rest of the season because I know what it will be like under Puel. 

Jeez seriously ? I know talk is cheap but ....

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I was saying this . ( not the pony bit) 

If he is fit I would definitely see what he can do - if he breaks down long term again then might as well offer him a retirement package 

James is our best midfielder for me, if he wasn't crocked half the time he'd be playing for England by now.

21 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

May as well start following villa then mate, i'm sure their fans are loving life atm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Wow, give your head a wobble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just wondering what people thought regarding a new striker. Nacho is getting a lot of stick and i'm reading lot's of comments that without Vardy we're toothless up front. It seems to me we've been pretty toothless up front all season even with Vardy in the side. Also, getting a proven goal scorer is difficult as they won't want to sign for us to play second fiddle to Vards, this leaves us in the market for a promising player like Nacho does it not?

4 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Vichai ensured that the Club moved into a stable condition and I'm hoping that the ambition is to keep it that way.

Bit more than that I think Gerby ...    a state of the art training ground..  one of the best in the country ...    increasing the capacity of the ground ...   and to break into the upper echelons ...     all in good time.   :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Just wondering what people thought regarding a new striker. Nacho is getting a lot of stick and i'm reading lot's of comments that without Vardy we're toothless up front. It seems to me we've been pretty toothless up front all season even with Vardy in the side. Also, getting a proven goal scorer is difficult as they won't want to sign for us to play second fiddle to Vards, this leaves us in the market for a promising player like Nacho does it not?

I think if we invest in a new striker we need to do it properly and that needs to be in the summer when we can get the best striker for our money

Until then we need to hope Vardy stays fit enough to lead the line this season and rotate between using Kelechi and Shinji

Unless of course we do some major off loading in January