Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

a fans view

Good afternoon,

understand the title might be somewhat misleading but wasn’t too sure how to put it.

im writing a 5000 word dissertation on “what impact did Vichai have on the club and community?” 

To enhance the essay I’d like some words and views from fans. It can anything from a quick message or a few lines. It’d be great to quote and reference in the essay so it’s not just my opinion.

if anyone would like to help: either put it on here or PM me.

thanks,

matt

If this is for academic study I'd think about whether or not it's a suitable topic. 

Emotive, certainly, but perhaps lacking the critical edge that might be required of higher level education. 

He had a great impact, by the way. He gave a lot to a city that he owed absolutely nothing. 

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

If this is for academic study I'd think about whether or not it's a suitable topic. 

Emotive, certainly, but perhaps lacking the critical edge that might be required of higher level education. 

He had a great impact, by the way. He gave a lot to a city that he owed absolutely nothing. 

The whole point of the dissertation is that you do it on anything; you do it outside of your academic subjects. Mine was approved by my “supervisor” as a good topic.

He was a foreigner and rarely took media interviews.  But speaking through deeds, he made his principles known and his character widely appreciated.

Every place has xenophobic elements, and these are polarized times.  Yet he built a platform and demonstrated that people’s perceptions can be moved.  By no means are socially liberal people or free-movement advocates the only ones chanting “Vichai, he’s one of our own”.

Did the changed feelings about him, and his unifying effect, carry over to other immigrants.  Or is the Srivaddanhaprabha family a one off?

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

He had a massive impact on the club from knowing the right people at the right time to put into place to help the club move forward in the short term and also for long term planning. he had a huge impact with fans from giving out free beer and doughnuts and understaning the clubs values and traditions. he was also very generous to the wider community as with his donations to leicester hospitals show. without his dedication and commitment we would not have won the premier League.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

The whole point of the dissertation is that you do it on anything; you do it outside of your academic subjects. Mine was approved by my “supervisor” as a good topic.

Fair enough mate. Not a criticism - I was of mind that critically debatable subjects would be preferable. I wasn't casting aspersions. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Fair enough mate. Not a criticism - I was of mind that critically debatable subjects would be preferable. I wasn't casting aspersions. 

Don’t worry mate. May have appeared blunt there but that’s the problem with text, you never know how that person is saying it

We sing… “…and now he’s one of our own”

How many PL chairman have ever had that sung about them?  How many of them are so universally respected in the way that City fans do for Vichai?

Not many, if any…

We all know what he did for us and we’ll always love him for it…

Ben

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, if anyone has anymore then that’d be very appreciated.

ive decided that I’ll designate a certain area of the essay to comments by fans 

You'll probably thought of this already but perhaps compare it to other owners who have had something on a negative impact on their respective clubs such as Mike Ashley or the Oystons at Blackpool.

29 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

We sing… “…and now he’s one of our own”

How many PL chairman have ever had that sung about them?  How many of them are so universally respected in the way that City fans do for Vichai?

Not many, if any…

We all know what he did for us and we’ll always love him for it…

Ben

Thanks Ben. Much appreciated 

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

You'll probably thought of this already but perhaps compare it to other owners who have had something on a negative impact on their respective clubs such as Mike Ashley or the Oystons at Blackpool.

Yeah, thanks mate. I’m trying to emphasise how foreign owners don’t want to be associated with their clubs on the whole

7 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Good afternoon,

understand the title might be somewhat misleading but wasn’t too sure how to put it.

im writing a 5000 word dissertation on “what impact did Vichai have on the club and community?” 

To enhance the essay I’d like some words and views from fans. It can anything from a quick message or a few lines. It’d be great to quote and reference in the essay so it’s not just my opinion.

if anyone would like to help: either put it on here or PM me.

thanks,

matt

It took a foreigner,to bring our club,and our city on the world stage,and thrown confusion into the quirks of English on

how one should at least spell and pronounce our name!!

It took a foreigner to bring our success into homes around the world..And even non sport fans a great feeling,that warmed their lifes..

It took a foreigner to bring all of the Leicester-folk that feeling of shared pride.

It took a foreigner dream...to give our club , a seasons support,from every single club competitor,through the English-leagues.

It took a foreigner in our national sport and lives,that dreams and hope can be turned into reality

It took his death to bring the world's  sporting fraternity together,like never before ,also showing  one can put "caring" and " humble"

into a successfull business.

He showed how club ownership,should be done!! And contradicted the lie!!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, foxile5 said:

He also gained a lot too. Including a huge return on his initial investment and global recognition for the king power brand. Don't get me wrong Him and his son have been fantastic owners but it's not like we as a city and the football club are a charity.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Thanks 1

If you're planning on calling it 'a fan's view', from your own perspective, then the apostrophe needs to be where I put it. If you're writing from the perspective of trying to represent the view of the fanbase as a whole, then it needs the be 'the fans' view'.

And if not, then not :) I hope that's helpful - it is useful getting such small matters right.

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

If you're planning on calling it 'a fan's view', from your own perspective, then the apostrophe needs to be where I put it. If you're writing from the perspective of trying to represent the view of the fanbase as a whole, then it needs the be 'the fans' view'.

And if not, then not :) I hope that's helpful - it is useful getting such small matters right.

It’s called “the impact Vichai had on the club and community”

• Haha 1