Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Post Match: City 0 - 1 Cardiff

2 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Of course it is. Just like when we win it's because of the players.

This forum is becoming too toxic to my tastes. We just brillantly won against the two former champions, back to back, and after one loss because of a missed pen, these mouth foaming outers are back in full force. Blaming the gaffer for managing a clearly knackered Vardy and not selecting Hamza although he's ill.

Screw that, I'm out for a while.

Hamza ill? Not sure about that. Pull chose the team. Formation didn't work against Cardiff. Players need to improve. 

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm starting to think it's not just a coincidence that we're drab against poor sides but seem to be a lot better against the bigger boys. Last season we had good results against Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea just from the top of my head but had disappointing results against the lesser teams. The same seems to be happening this season. 

It is because the better sides come at us and therefore leave themselves open to our attacks,the lower teams like Cardiff today come with a game plan to put 10 men behind the ball and hope for a break or set play goal which they got,well played Warnock.

1 minute ago, Lionheart10 said:

Yes the booing was for the decision to take him off not at either player.

Both explanations are stupid and counter productive to creating a positive winning atmosphere. I’ve yet to meet any human being who thrives in a negative toxic environment, but I’m afraid that’s what our entitled fan base is creating. 

6 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Changed a winning team. Lost. Arroggant. 

I get to play the "were you actually at the game" card today :scarf:

Were you? Because Albrighton was done long before he was subbed off. He could barely run. Was completely knackered.

Same as Vardy. Maguire and Mendy and Ndidi, Chilwell, Ricardo, all seemed to have that bit less in them today

It affected us as the game went on and we paid for it.

I actually criticse Puel today for not changing enough

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I love Vardy as much as any Leicester supporter but I’m afraid he was very poor today and really can’t complain about being taken off. He blew a one on one, headed over from a free header from a corner, inexplicably went right to Ghezzal when Maddison was wide open on a fast break, and his touch was poor throughout. Throw in he’s nursing a groin injury and would  have played 3 games in a week, the substitution was entirely justified. 

Its your opinion and my opinion is - Vardy is our best striker and he can score every minute also in injury time. And finally if Vardy played against ManCity in the League Cup (poor Puel's decision), we could have had a beer together at Wembley. It's that easy football and I love JV too....

Puel needs a tactic and formula for home games when the opposition parks the bus. We must be a dream to play against at times. 1 striker to defend against, hogging the ball in our third or on the halfway line, nowhere near the goal as opposition you are trying to defend. 

I think we should play with two men up front in these games. 4-3-3 seems a formation that suits. The attacking 3 should always consist of two strikers in games we need to open sides up. 

Haven't seen either of the last two games, but seriously, surely it is apparent that the way our opponents play against us, affects how we play 

I assume Man city came at us and allowed us room to play, this means our style looks better. Cardiff I assume sat back and made us pass sideways and back.

The players team, manager and style don't change that much in 3 days, so...

1 minute ago, mucfox said:

Its your opinion and my opinion is - Vardy is our best striker and he can score every minute also in injury time. And finally if Vardy played against ManCity in the League Cup (poor Puel's decision), we could have had a beer together at Wembley. It's that easy football and I love JV too....

I didnt see Vardy scoring today unless we had a pen (might not have got one with him on the pitch). He really.wasnt his usual self

• Like 1

To break a set defence we need either a fox in the box or an aerial threat 

We have neither of those which is why we remain most effective with getting the ball forward at speed 

There were times today where we could have broke quickly but failed to do so

I’d be more reassured if Puel had been urging the team to do that from the technical box but today he appeared passive and satisfied with our approach play

Not good enough by a long way today

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mucfox said:

So you would have played Jamie Vardy in every minute of every game in the last two weeks of December?

21 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I love Vardy as much as any Leicester supporter but I’m afraid he was very poor today and really can’t complain about being taken off. He blew a one on one, headed over from a free header from a corner, inexplicably went right to Ghezzal when Maddison was wide open on a fast break, and his touch was poor throughout. Throw in he’s nursing a groin injury and would  have played 3 games in a week, the substitution was entirely justified. 

Agree he was poor but a poor Vardy is harder to play against than Nacho currently. We needed two strikers on not one (with neither in great form).  

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

People can moan about Puel as much as they like, but one of the reasons we lost is because two people who seem beyond criticism messed up key moments. Vardy with his one on one with the keeper, inexplicable pass to Ghezzal when Maddison was wide upon on his left, and his poor touch all game frequently losing the ball when we got into and around the final third. And Maddison’s second pathetic penalty in two weeks. 

When the lunatics finally take over the asylum and get their way with the dismissal of Puel, I wonder who will be the scapegoat when we lose a game of football our entitled fan base deems we should win comfortably? Oh wait a minute, I think I know, it will be the fault of Rudkin, Gray, Iheanacho or N’Didi won’t it. 

Which lunatics?!

Vardy is one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, why Puel survived last season. And are we unhappy with Morgan, Schmeichel, Albrighton and the rest of the old guard? Who exactly is the snake? For me, we're a squad in evolution, and a manager who's still got things to learn about the Premier League, but I don't see treachery among the players any more than I see a need to sack the manager. We have good pros who need to adapt better, and a capable manager who needs to adapt to them better.

Sadly, hardly anyone seems able to defend Puel for more than a paragraph without moaning about the players, and specifically Vardy. He didn't have a clear one-on-one today. He had two or three half chances where he might have done better, though one of them he made for himself out of nothing. He certainly wasn't the obvious culprit, and I think a guy who's nearly 32, arguably our best ever player, and has just played 3 games in a week (winning us one of them) deserves a little more respect. It's not as if any other striker has excelled over the past 12 months.

I do understand your frustration with the fans. I mean, it's hard not to be frustrated with them when you see players booing a player coming onto the field and imploring Ndidi to shoot from 30 yards, both in the same game. But I also understand the frustrations with Puel, even if I feel we're a way off the point where we decide the game's up.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Poor, lack lustre display today and I don't buy all this tosh about players being tired etc. They are top athletes, fit and should be raring to go. We will never get anywhere apart from mid-table mediocrity if we can't beat the likes of Cardiff.

If you cant tell the difference between an Albrighton fit and on his game and the one who put in that beat i've-got-nothing-left cross that was a dreary waste of a promising attack shortly before coming off i dont know what to say to you. Does the man a disservice

7 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Puel needs a tactic and formula for home games when the opposition parks the bus. We must be a dream to play against at times. 1 striker to defend against, hogging the ball in our third or on the halfway line, nowhere near the goal as opposition you are trying to defend. 

I think we should play with two men up front in these games. 4-3-3 seems a formation that suits. The attacking 3 should always consist of two strikers in games we need to open sides up. 

Just need 2 up front, with a big man and Vardy. If I recall, Slim and Vardy up top usually delivered. I dont think Slim will return but gives us another dynamic.

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

Which lunatics?!

Vardy is one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, why Puel survived last season. And are we unhappy with Morgan, Schmeichel, Albrighton and the rest of the old guard? Who exactly is the snake? For me, we're a squad in evolution, and a manager who's still got things to learn about the Premier League, but I don't see treachery among the players any more than I see a need to sack the manager. We have good pros who need to adapt better, and a capable manager who needs to adapt to them better.

Sadly, hardly anyone seems able to defend Puel for more than a paragraph without moaning about the players, and specifically Vardy. He didn't have a clear one-on-one today. He had two or three half chances where he might have done better, though one of them he made for himself out of nothing. He certainly wasn't the obvious culprit, and I think a guy who's nearly 32, arguably our best ever player, and has just played 3 games in a week (winning us one of them) deserves a little more respect. It's not as if any other striker has excelled over the past 12 months.

I do understand your frustration with the fans. I mean, it's hard not to be frustrated with them when you see players booing a player coming onto the field and imploring Ndidi to shoot from 30 yards, both in the same game. But I also understand the frustrations with Puel, even if I feel we're a way off the point where we decide the game's up.

The lunatics I was referring to are those fans who seem to want to sack the manager every time we lose a game or two. It’s not just Puel, the same happened with Pearson, Ranieri and Shakespeare too. We’re always 2or 3 poor results or performances away from a sizeable group calling for the managers head. The club simply cannot build anything with that approach in my opinion. 

I have huge respect for Jamie Vardy, but he’s human like all of us and he had a very poor game today. I’d be surprised if he didn’t agree himself. The failure to play in Maddison when he was wide open and his touch throughout was way off I’m afraid. As you quite rightly say, he has been instrumental in our remarkable successes and can be forgiven a poor outing. My frustration is that there are several go-to scapegoats at our club at the moment including the manager, and I really didn’t think the booing of his decision was fair. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

So you would have played Jamie Vardy in every minute of every game in the last two weeks of December?

Yes, of course, because JV is our only striker unless he's really hurt. LCFC has no viable alternative and Nacho is really too bad for the Premier League. That's the big problem

1 minute ago, mucfox said:

Yes, of course, because JV is our only striker unless he's really hurt. LCFC has no viable alternative and Nacho is really too bad for the Premier League. That's the big problem

So you would have ignored the advice of the club’s medical staff who said with his groin strain, he would have to be managed carefully over a relentless period of games. 

8 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

So you would have ignored the advice of the club’s medical staff who said with his groin strain, he would have to be managed carefully over a relentless period of games. 

I'm sorry, but I'm not Jamies's doctor. If he is fit, he can play, if he is injured, he can't play. I believe Vardy is not so stupid, he knows whether he can play or not and after the Everton match he has 11 days to recover for Southampton. That's quite easy