Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

What points total constitutes progress this season?

Which points range constitutes success this season, in your opinion?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. How many points indicate progress has been made this season to you?

Sick & tired of all the childish nonsense I keep reading, so I've gone for a poll that uses a potential points total as a barometer here. 

Pick your total and please give your considered reasons - let's see if we can avoid destructive non-arguments...'yeah but style of play' opinions are of course taken as read, I think/hope we can all agree we'd like to see lots of goals and liquid football in a perfect world.

• Like 1

Just now, Ted Maul said:

47 last year so 50-54 can be considered good progress, especially considering we lost by far our most creative player in the summer.

We're in a strong position to get 55-59 if we maintain our form though which would be a fantastic improvement.

More or less exactly how I think about it too.

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

league position rather than points for me! top 10 is progress as such but perhaps wouldn't please a lot of people if we didn't get Europa league!

I was wondering if I could combine it with league position, but points total seems less divisive somehow,

Just now, Babylon said:

260 to go.

That should be a piece of p1ss for you ! ...    I’m going onto the beach in a minute and when I get back I expect you to have it in the bag ...

By the way ...    did I mention I was on holiday ?? ....    :cool:

28 degrees ...   :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was wondering if I could combine it with league position, but points total seems less divisive somehow,

really odd actually, as we can't be sure where we'd finish; when in reality its around 6 more wins out of remaining games. i'd have thought most who aren't happy with the manager atm wouldn't be pleased with that in truth?

50+ otherwise it will feel exactly like last season where we let our season fizzle out after being in pole position to be the best of the rest. We are Mahrezless now so slightly more points than last season is progress but I think we have got to average more than a point a game for the rest of the season otherwise he'll be off.

31 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

league position rather than points for me! top 10 is progress as such but perhaps wouldn't please a lot of people if we didn't get Europa league!

30 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Definitely agree that league position is more important than points total. I would be happy with less points if it came with a higher league position than last season. People put far too much importance on points. We won the league with 81 points. 3 years earlier that would have only been good enough for 4th place.

Position is more important than points total.

• Like 2