Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

The West Brom Forums have a fair few plonkers given the garbage appearing on these about Harvey Barnes and Leicester.   I am now thinking FT is both sane and intelligent:ph34r: ..................but this will change 2 pm today.

• Haha 2

What is all this feel sorry for West Brom rubbish? He is our player not theirs.

I am sure he will want the opportunity to play for his hometown club in the Prem far more than playing in the Championship and if he performs will get into and stay in the team.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

From here on it would be harder for other teams to accept players from us on loan with a recall clause. 

So what?   If they cannot accept the terms, they do not go - simples.  There will still be lots of takers.

Build your Team around loans and it is the risk you take.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Any chance you can link it? 

Guy greeting him says “good luck young man” as well.... would say definitely at least on the bench then which surprises me but is good news :) 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

Trying to remember if he's played in the PL before? Was it just the cup before? If he hasn't it's quite a significant day with him likely to make his premier league debut. 

Answer my own question, he has! But still he looks very very happy to be home!

Edited by rachhere

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Trying to remember if he's played in the PL before? Was it just the cup before? If he hasn't it's quite a significant day with him likely to make his premier league debut. 

No starts that I recall, but he has been brought on as a sub on several occasions, one of which I'm sure I'm right in saying was last April's no score draw against...Southampton. 

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What is all this feel sorry for West Brom rubbish? He is our player not theirs.

I am sure he will want the opportunity to play for his hometown club in the Prem far more than playing in the Championship and if he performs will get into and stay in the team.

The way he's been recalled is what the problem is. Let him train all week with them then on the eve of the game recall him. 

They could have spent the week prepping for a huge game without him had this been done Monday. 

Had it been done in reverse this place would be in meltdown. And please don't try to say it wouldn't. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The way he's been recalled is what the problem is. Let him train all week with them then on the eve of the game recall him. 

They could have spent the week prepping for a huge game without him had this been done Monday. 

Had it been done in reverse this place would be in meltdown. And please don't try to say it wouldn't. 

Completely missed the point. Whether he should have been called back for training earlier has nothing to do with people feeling sorry for West Brom.

Yes you are right if I was a West Brim fan I would be pissed but I am not and he is our player to do with what we choose. I care about whether he can help Leicester, not whether he can help their bid for promotion.

As for the player I am certain he will want to play for his hometown club in the Prem rather than WBA in the Championship. If you were him you would too and don't pretend you would not.

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Completely missed the point. Whether he should have been called back for training earlier has nothing to do with people feeling sorry for West Brom.

The reason people feel sorry for WBA is because of how we recalled him not that we have recalled him. 

Also the way we have gone about this could have a future impact with loan deals. Also such a great way to say Thank You to WBA for treating our play so well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The reason people feel sorry for WBA is because of how we recalled him not that we have recalled him. 

Also the way we have gone about this could have a future impact with loan deals. Also such a great way to say Thank You to WBA for treating our play so well. 

That is absolute rubbish. We can recall him when we want at this point in the season. They knew this when they loaned him. Do you think we should be thanking them for loaning our player or them thanking us for having our player help them to be towards the top of the Championship? Perhaps you think they loaned him as a favour to us.?

Also the timing quite clearly has to do with Diabate going on loan.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

What's the issue with how we've recalled him? Surely if the contract has a recall option then there is always a chance it could be used?

We haven't heard/seen the discussions between ourselves, Harvey and WBA? 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

So what?   If they cannot accept the terms, they do not go - simples.  There will still be lots of takers.

Build your Team around loans and it is the risk you take.

But then they would be less willing to give loanees such a central role, which is what loanees need.

I reckon Leicester gave WBA some assurance about Barnes which is why they let him play so much instead of just using him peripherally.

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Well I get it! It's a massive blow to them, and the timing really couldn't be worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

That is absolute rubbish. We can recall him when we want at this point in the season. They knew this when they loaned him. Do you think we should be thanking them for loaning our player or them thanking us for having our player help them to be towards the top of the Championship? Perhaps you think they loaned him as a favour to us. ?

No they loaned him as they needed him. Still no need for us to do the dirty on them in this way. 

Your response is typical FT its OK as we have done it. Had it been done to us in this manner you would be crying about it. 

3 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Probably not actually because I would realise that it could happen whether it was Monday morning or Friday afternoon...

Yes we all understand it could of been but it wasn't. 

That also worries me a little. Unless we've had a last minute injury we only bring him into the plan the day before. 

So much for working on a game plan in advance. Oh well I suppose they could have a light session this morning to sort it all out.