Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

I'd be absolutely astounded if this happens. Puel has leaped praise on him being the complete player and how we need a player with his skill set. To then decide after one start, where he scored the equaliser and played very well in the 2nd half that he's not yet ready would be madness. The only issues to come.out of that Wolves game was naive defending from a host of experienced players but should we be that surprised with Puel.

If he does send him back then I am done with Puel for this season. He wont survive the summer but I'll not be going again until he's gone, as this would be deliberate to incite the fans.

Thinking about it, apart from the comment about us thinking we called him back too soon, which just makes us sound like we haven't got a clue what we are doing, i read somewhere befire we recalles him about possible deadlines to make a decision.

I remember thinking if that was the case, we should recall him, and send him back out if there was a delay getting someone else we wanted in.

It would obviously have to be a good one. Just noticed kramaric plays the number 10 role for hoffenheim and scored another brace today.

Talk about right player, wrong time. I know weve moved on now with maddison and also Barnes but what could have been hey, if we had started our transition before we bought him.

On 26/01/2019 at 20:02, gw_leics772 said:

Thinking about it, apart from the comment about us thinking we called him back too soon, which just makes us sound like we haven't got a clue what we are doing, i read somewhere befire we recalles him about possible deadlines to make a decision.

I remember thinking if that was the case, we should recall him, and send him back out if there was a delay getting someone else we wanted in.

It would obviously have to be a good one. Just noticed kramaric plays the number 10 role for hoffenheim and scored another brace today.

Talk about right player, wrong time. I know weve moved on now with maddison and also Barnes but what could have been hey, if we had started our transition before we bought him.

We wouldn't have won the league if we started our transition before we bought him, we might not even have stayed up! 

We got the good, bad and the ugly from him all against Wolves.

The nightmare start didn't do him any favours but he did grow into it.

Asking a lot of him to do much in the next fortnight. Would keep him in reserve for Liverpool. A bad display could do Silva like damage to his confidence.

Might be best suited to more minutes against Man U. Being a home game might bring out the best in him I hope.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

He was electric today! Still a bit rough round the edges, but some of this play was fabulous. That moment when he skinned Young and then cut it back for Vardy was tremendous.

Great to see that one of our homegrown young guns has so much potential. I hope he starts many more games this season. As we are in transition it's the perfect time to give him minutes and improve him. Outsider to get into the England 2020 Euros squad!

He is probably the only smidgen of excitement and interest left under this regime and this season, unless Tielemans is used properly. He was really good today, he will score goals for us eventually.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We didn’t make the most of him first half - whether that was our fault or his fault I’m not sure ..... good experience for him getting starts in games like this 

It's a young team that need more game time playing with one another.

Also we were playing Manchester United with the british record transfer fee central midfielder (Pogba), the most expensive wages in the Premier League (Sanchez), expensive centre backs and the best GK in the league, etc, etc. Given that was Barnes' 2nd start for the club he was pretty frigging awesome!

Right now it's like we are making Sunday lunch and the Roast has only been in for 30 minutes. It needs more time to cook!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

I think people give ghazzal so much stick because they compare him to mahrez.  The reality is Barnes has a style that is more comparable to mahrez and given time, could be his replacement.

Ghazzal looks like a cute little passer of the ball. Neat touches in tight areas, but NOT a traditional English style winger that beats a man. 

Well played today Barnes. You look a prospect. 

Edited by Greg2607

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

Really great effort today. Always fancy him to do something dangerous, looks composed on the ball. 

The antithesis of Gray (who has improved recently, it has to be said)

Looks like a player who has had half a season playing and scoring for a positive team. The rest of ours look burdened by being here and what they've played so far.

• Like 1