Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

Bit of a tricky one really some would say he should have just stayed at West Brom to  develope In the Championship others were crying out for him to play for us in the prem where he could possibly learn more and get a better experience . That put aside what other options do we have out wide to replace  him 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Bit of a tricky one really some would say he should have just stayed at West Brom to  develope In the Championship others were crying out for him to play for us in the prem where he could possibly learn more and get a better experience . That put aside what other options do we have out wide to replace  him 

He's starting here so I think it's pretty hard to argue he should've stayed down in the Championship. Growing pains are to be expected and him getting those minutes this season will hopefully pay dividends in the next. 

• Like 3

Harvey runs out of pitch with Chilwell making such long runs.

He didn’t have a great game but it can’t be easy when you keep moving towards Row Z of the kop in the hope that Chilwell eventually releases the ball.

Harvey did seem to give up waiting and moved inside but again wasn’t given the ball and look lost.

Watching him over the years inc his loans, he needs space to cut/ run in to as he did st West Brom. Check out YouTube 

Both of our wingers are our weakest area ironically and given the unofficial wingback roles it’s not entirely their fault.

Last minute panic move brining him back from loan.

• Like 1

Worried that his confidence is going to vanish soon. Looks a real player to me, always makes things happen, but the lack of a goal seems to be affecting him more and more. Would keep him in for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Harvey runs out of pitch with Chilwell making such long runs.

He didn’t have a great game but it can’t be easy when you keep moving towards Row Z of the kop in the hope that Chilwell eventually releases the ball.

Harvey did seem to give up waiting and moved inside but again wasn’t given the ball and look lost.

Watching him over the years inc his loans, he needs space to cut/ run in to as he did st West Brom. Check out YouTube 

Both of our wingers are our weakest area ironically and given the unofficial wingback roles it’s not entirely their fault.

Last minute panic move brining him back from loan.

Absolutely spot on

Chilwell is so quick and gets so far forward that Barnes gets left in no space.

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Absolutely spot on

Chilwell is so quick and gets so far forward that Barnes gets left in no space.

and then he cuts back and then passes to Barnes and the momentum is gone, both are still learning and hopefully will improve together

Its subjects like the Barnes one which makes me please we got BR in early.

Barnes to me will be sensational. He hasnt the same confidence as at WBA but we can see whats happened to them as soon as he left (arguably cost their manager his job as well as he was that important) and we have seen glimpses of his ability for us. Rodgers can work on him and also its essential he is involved in pre-season as he is probably questioning his own ability having gone from golden boy at WBA who scored wonder goals every week to shanking shots from 8 yards for us. He will come good Im almost certain of that but he needs that continued one on one coaching.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2019 at 22:00, ScouseFox said:

i back him to score a hat trick every week and one day he’s gonna convert all the chances he gets and we gon be rich 

9/2 anytime tomorrow is outrageous. an xG of 0.3 per 90 mins. should be more like 5/2 and i think the openness of arsenal massively plays into his hands.

66/1 for a brace, 500/1 hat trick. 

GO ON THE BARVEY HARNES  

44 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

9/2 anytime tomorrow is outrageous. an xG of 0.3 per 90 mins. should be more like 5/2 and i think the openness of arsenal massively plays into his hands.

66/1 for a brace, 500/1 hat trick. 

GO ON THE BARVEY HARNES  

4/1, and 23/1 for a brace on bet365  :(

• 4 weeks later...

A nice snippet about Harvey Barnes' time at WBA from Chris Brunt:

http://www.oldbaggies.com/christ-brunt-interview/

Another loan signing, and of course another revelation, Harvey Barnes, who made such an impact while at the club, then returns to Leicester at a crucial time in the season, that couldn’t have been helpful at all?

“No it wasn’t, He brought a lot of stuff to the team, his game was a lot more attacking, it suited his game and soon as he came we started to play his way. I also think at times a lot of things he did in games probably papered over a few cracks if I’m totally honest, but you could get away with it because you had him in the team, you knew he had got the quality to do something, also with the attacking quality that he has, the emphasis on defending was taken away from him and our job was to just get the ball to him so he could go and do something and for six months of the season he did that, and when he left it was a massive loss for us because I think he scored ten goals and created countless others in half a season. If you sit down and look back, that might have been the difference in us losing out in the play-offs and getting promoted automatically.”

BW144.jpg

I am reminded of the Sheffield Wednesday away game…..You came on as sub and suddenly brought him into the game and totally transformed it.

“Yeah and that goal he scored that night, the second one especially, showed just how good a player he was and how good he was for us. I think if you also look at it as well, the fact that he has gone back and played for Leicester it makes it that much better because a lot of people at the time were thinking that Leicester called him back because he was doing well for us and doubted that he was actually going to be involved for Leicester but to be fair to him he has gone back and he has managed to play a lot of Premier League games which is what he wants to do, he wants to play in the Premier League for Leicester. It was nice to have him for six months, but it was disappointing to lose him.”

Chris continued. “It was a difficult void to fill as well. Every loan signing is a gamble and obviously that one paid off, it’s the ones that don’t pay off, that’s just the way it is. I suppose every signing generally is a gamble of some description and as I said a difficult one to fill. With Matt Phillips getting injured as well for a long part of the second half of the season, that was a big blow too, because he started the first half of the season really well, he is a big player for us when he is playing well and to miss him from January and remainder of the season, that was a massive loss to us too and I suppose two players with that influence you can’t really replace.”

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Rodgers better start him from the off next season. We’re much better when Barnes plays as Maddison is ineffective on the left.

Was a shame to see him drop out of those last 3 games, even though it meant we got to see just how good Choudhury is for us. Albrighton is dependable but Barnes is so much more dangerous. Really hoping he lights it up in the Euro U21's this summer, got a feeling he will be the most dangerous out of our 4 players likely in the squad.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Rodgers better start him from the off next season. We’re much better when Barnes plays as Maddison is ineffective on the left.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Was a shame to see him drop out of those last 3 games, even though it meant we got to see just how good Choudhury is for us. Albrighton is dependable but Barnes is so much more dangerous. Really hoping he lights it up in the Euro U21's this summer, got a feeling he will be the most dangerous out of our 4 players likely in the squad.

Agreed I just think Roger was concerned about his ability to defend, again the like of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea. I pretty sure he's developed quicker than the club expected, hopefully he can start adding goals and assist to match his performances.

• Like 1