Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:09, Heymister2015 said:

Obsession with albrighton is bewildering! Leicester are creating a higher profile ie stadium/training ground/wage structure. Players like albrighton are just not at the level Leicester fans think he is. If he was put on the transfer list tomorrow only championship teams and premiership teams in a relagation battle would come calling. His work rate and attitude can’t be questioned. But for some reason he only players well against the top six and doesn’t play well against any below. Gets dropped and only performs well against those teams coming off the bench. Resulting in fans thinking he should be starting. He’s an average footballer

He's a consistent performer.

7 out of 10 most weeks.

Very reliable.

Similar to James Milner.

Great squad player.  If you need a job doing then you can rely on Albrighton.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having seen him throughout his career 100% he will/has made it if used right.

Albrighton is a better winger at the moment. Harvey either needs room to cut in or start in a more central role.

He's had plenty of time and success at WB to show how he's best used. Madison will not be dropped totally but Harvey offers something a bit different. Bit of a deeper Vardy (The old Vardy not Puels version)

Got to both play

• Like 1

Looked a little nervous at times in the first half but gained confidence as the match went on and looked a significant threat. The other players need to use him more though. Many times he was making a run but the pass never came. Hope Puel continues to start him, then I’d expect this aspect to improve as the rest of the team get on the same wavelength.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 20:09, Heymister2015 said:

Obsession with albrighton is bewildering! Leicester are creating a higher profile ie stadium/training ground/wage structure. Players like albrighton are just not at the level Leicester fans think he is. If he was put on the transfer list tomorrow only championship teams and premiership teams in a relagation battle would come calling. His work rate and attitude can’t be questioned. But for some reason he only players well against the top six and doesn’t play well against any below. Gets dropped and only performs well against those teams coming off the bench. Resulting in fans thinking he should be starting. He’s an average footballer

I think this idea we are trying to create a higher profile, by which I assume you mean bigger club/higer finishing club, do accept my apoligies If I have this wrong, is not actually correct.

To really do that would require a significant investment way beyong anything a club of our stature can realistically hope to achieve on a consistent basis.

The investment we are making will really only allow us to stand still in the overall scheme of things. That is ok of course but other clubs will always be able to invest more and will always be "bigger". Not investing at all would see us go backwards. Albrighton is a good professional and even the top clubs need a few such players on their books.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm quite shocked with how poor Chilwell linked up with him, should have revelled in having Barnes there on so many occasions and yet time and time again he failed to release him or make the right decision.

Chilwell to be fair is having g an iffy few weeks but when his form picks up, the pair could be a menace to the opposition.

Yeah I noticed that too, you’d think they’d be in fully in the zone when on the ball togther but instead looked completely disjointed. I’m sure that will come in time. For players to gain that almost intuitive understanding of each other partnerships need to be built throughout the team. 

However, that wont happen if Puel continues to move players in and out of different positions, drop players for next to no reason and retain players in the team that are incredibly out of form. Ricardo for example should now remain at RB and completly make that position his own whilst trying to build a consistent partnership with Albrighton down the right. 

Really impressed with him in the 2nd half yesterday and theres plenty more to come. Ita so refreshing to know we have a natural finisher in the ranks and as long as the other stuff continues to improve then he'll be a great asset. That left footed ripper just before he forced the equaliser was so unlucky not to go in. Patricio pulled off an unreal save. 

These next 3 games look hideous on paper but could see him causing some problems as he may well be under estimated and given plenty of room to run at them.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MPH said:

agree entirely. he knows where the goal is and if given a clean shot will hit the target.

Promising.

Agree. I am very encouraged by what I have seen.  He will be a great player for us.

there is a feeling among Leicester’s management team that the England Under-21 international may have been recalled too soon

We're an absolute shambles if this is the case.

However, It's almost certainly bullshit. Can't see it happening. 

• Like 2