Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yes we all understand it could of been but it wasn't. 

That also worries me a little. Unless we've had a last minute injury we only bring him into the plan the day before. 

So much for working on a game plan in advance. Oh well I suppose they could have a light session this morning to sort it all out. 

I think there's quite a clear timeline really - they were waiting to see if Diabate could get his loan, he did, so then they arranged for Harvey to come back. As he was in training on Friday, I am assuming the decision was made on Thursday but it didn't break until the next day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

That also worries me a little. Unless we've had a last minute injury we only bring him into the plan the day before. 

So much for working on a game plan in advance. Oh well I suppose they could have a light session this morning to sort it all out. 

How do you know it was all done the day before?

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Again I will say to you the timing is due to the timing of the Diabate loan. Perhaps we should blame Rudkin instead for not getting that done quick enough or the Turkish team for not being more decisive earlier in the week.

Hope the lad hits the ground running and bags a goal or two with a couple of assists On his first game !!

Be good to have the lad back he’s played some superb games for the Baggies and most were still crying in their cornflakes this morning, but we can only say FairPlay to Darren Moore and the Baggies for giving him game time to improve !

11 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Hope the lad hits the ground running and bags a goal or two with a couple of assists On his first game !!

Be good to have the lad back he’s played some superb games for the Baggies and most were still crying in their cornflakes this morning, but we can only say FairPlay to Darren Moore and the Baggies for giving him game time to improve !

He better hope he does too otherwise FT will be trying to arrange his sale lol 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

The video LCFC have just uploaded on their Instagram, Barnes is walking into the changing room and looks bloody delighted to be there 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Guy greeting him says “good luck young man” as well.... would say definitely at least on the bench then which surprises me but is good news :) 

Does he say OWEYA as well, truly one of our own.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Would be bizarre to start him considering he's had 1-2 days to train with the first team! 

Could do more damage than good, just throwing him into the starting line-up after he just rejoined 

As long as we are not going to sit and watch him lose form by being left on the bench every week. If we call him back we should use him is my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

As long as we are not going to sit and watch him lose form by being left on the bench every week. If we call him back we should use him is my opinion. 

I think he will get a good amount of starts for us, but to put him straight in today would have been a mistake in my view. He needs to learn Puel's style and the system and I also think him coming back means Gray in particular may feel the threat and so needs a big step up in performance which we may just get that today if he starts! 

17 games to do and after this window, a smaller squad most likley - Barnes will get lots of game time I think 

PATIENCE !!!!!!

This will be a massive step up for Barnes.  He will make mistakes and poor decisions with his pass/shot selection.  Likely more bad stuff than good stuff - but when he does do good stuff it will be productive.

Before the NaySayers bin him off at the first bad touch remember the games for the remainder of this season are all about him building up his experience of playing against better opposition. Providing he has a brain between his ears he will learn and adapt, as did Chilwell.  So everyone please be patient with this lad.  Bags of potential, he is far from the finished article.

COYB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Would be bizarre to start him considering he's had 1-2 days to train with the first team! 

Could do more damage than good, just throwing him into the starting line-up after he just rejoined 

Could have recalled him earlier or leave him out at WBA until after the weekend?

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Great. Sitting on the bench instead of playing a big game for WBA. Could have waited til Monday.

and what if he had got injured at WBA when we already decided he is coming back and needed! 

He is our player, Puel wants him back and makes zero sense delaying bringing him back a second longer than needed. 

He could feature today from the bench and may even make the difference for us! Why help WBA, when he could benefit us today! 

Thought he did ok when he came on took up some good positions and looked good going forward needed the ball earlier. I would have started him from the start but definitely needs to start the next game. We so badly need a ball playing midfielder as some of the passing today was very poor.

2 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Felt so sorry for Barnes today. Time and time again, he got into those key positions and screamed for the ball but it rarely came his way. But that just epitomised Leicester's current approach in the final third... Slow, laboured and clueless.

He is new to the team though. When he beds in the other players will look for him more.

17 minutes ago, smitha said:

Thought he did ok when he came on took up some good positions and looked good going forward needed the ball earlier. I would have started him from the start but definitely needs to start the next game. We so badly need a ball playing midfielder as some of the passing today was very poor.

I would’ve started him. I think sometimes you’ve got to go with the momentum and use some imagination and certainly having 3 DCM’s against a team In Southampton’s position was overkill. When he did come on, there was no space due to Southampton parking the bus and especially after they added Soares to their right. He still found space to have more chances and looked far more of a threat than Vardy.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

He is new to the team though. When he beds in the other players will look for him more.

No, that’s not what Bezzanator meant.

His teammates, ie. Chilwell, Gray, Ndidi and the like just are not good enough to find him. This is a more general problem. He should work well with Vardy, Maddison, Ricardo, Albrington and Ghezzal though