Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

I’m really torn about this, I think we need him but I honestly can’t see him flourishing in this team with these tactics.

Feel for the lad, I’m pretty sure he would’ve wanted to see it through with the baggies.

Still, got to be a better option than Gray who offers absolutely nothing.

Good Luck Harvey

Hes one of our own ??

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

If he's coming back he should be starting every week.

Slightly pissed off that after tomorrow our run of fixtures are so bad. Fans will be judging him immediately.

Honestly don't see how this is a good decision when we've got nothing really to play for. 

Could argue that it's the best time to get him in the side, bit of freedom, allowed to make mistakes etc. Then again, you could counter that getting to the business end with West Brom would be beneficial to his development.

The argument can be spun either way.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If he's straight back I'd definitely throw him in to the starting line up tomorrow. Nothing to lose. And Southampton wouldn't have prepared for it.

Strange that we've waited until the end of the week. Unless its only been released by the media now he won't have trained with us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I’m really torn about this, I think we need him but I honestly can’t see him flourishing in this team with these tactics.

Feel for the lad, I’m pretty sure he would’ve wanted to see it through with the baggies.

Still, got to be a better option than Gray who offers absolutely nothing.

Good Luck Harvey

Hes one of our own ??

Same, I want to him to stay there. I'm worried that he won't be able to just adapt and fit into the team and the fans will give him stick. But given our options currently we need him. Hope he does well. Good Luck boi.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he's coming back he should be starting every week.

Slightly pissed off that after tomorrow our run of fixtures are so bad. Fans will be judging him immediately.

Honestly don't see how this is a good decision when we've got nothing really to play for. 

The answer to that one is you don't start him for those games. Makes sense to ease the lad back in, rather than chucking him in the deep end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

West Brom would've been compensated accordingly for breach of the loan agreement.

Get him in the first eleven tomorrow, let's see what he can do. Albrighton, Maddison and Barnes behind Jaymeh.

It's not a breach if there was a January recall option in place when they took Barnes on loan in the summer surely?

Assume we just informed them of our decision and that was it.

• Like 2

Just now, Frost said:

It's not a breach if there was a January recall option in place when they took Barnes on loan in the summer surely?

Assume we just informed them of our decision and that was it.

Yeah, totally. Depends whether we had option in place. If it was a season-long loan without the option for recall then we would've had to pay out. Obviously all conjecture, though.