Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Wolves (A)..next up.

Good to see there's a lot of agreement on here on certain areas.

Madison is not a winger neither is Harvey. The two could interchange.

In a high tempo (!) buildup Barnes will tear them a new one in that position given the chance ...and the ball

Schmeicel

Morgan    Maguire

Simpson                                    Chilwell

Hamza         Ndidi.          

Ricardo.           Barnes          Maddison 

Vardy 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

The way we are we are more likely to lose to Wolves then beat Liverpool!

We really need to improve against Lower League Teams. Cardiff, Brighton, Fulham should be 3 points per game. Nothing Less. Really needs to Change, Teams are Parking the Bus so we can't find a way through and we're lacking ideas and creativity. 

27 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

In a high tempo (!) buildup Barnes will tear them a new one in that position given the chance ...and the ball

Schmeicel

Morgan    Maguire

Hamza         Ndidi.          

Vardy 

That could work, i wouldnt drop Mendy because of a couple mistakes hes been decent bar that. Ndidi has been shit for a while he can be dropped.

29 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

We really need to improve against Lower League Teams. Cardiff, Brighton, Fulham should be 3 points per game. Nothing Less. Really needs to Change, Teams are Parking the Bus so we can't find a way through and we're lacking ideas and creativity. 

Just need some consistency in the squad Barnes & Hamza both quality players who need regular first team football, we’ve given away some soft goals from defensive positions and we really need to tighten up !

CP DESPERATELY needs to do something ASAP before we drop any lower away from the European places ?

Makes you think really how things are going on in the board room with the fan unrest even some players have probably vented their concerns, we’ve gone from a happy bunch of fans to a very unhappy and volatile bunch of foxes faithful just wondering when the dreaded vote of confidence will arise from the board have they just written this season off ond will make wholesale changes in the summer and may have a replacement in mind who knows?

8 minutes ago, bfox said:

That could work, i wouldnt drop Mendy because of a couple mistakes hes been decent bar that. Ndidi has been shit for a while he can be dropped.

I actually think N'didi has got worse because of Mendy.

Basically a job share to fill in for one player - Kante 

Always felt we were compromising our play and particularly any creativity to accommodate Mendy.

N'didi has different physical attributes to Hamza and Mendy

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts
  • Like 3

Just now, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I actually think N'didi has got worse because of Mendy.

Basically a job share to fill in for one player - Kante 

Always felt we were compromising our play and particularly any creativity to accommodate Mendy.

N'did has different physical attributes to Hamza

Hmm maybe. I just think Mendys all round game is better. Ndidi just doesnt look that comfortable when hes got the ball at his feet looking forward. He hasnt got a great technique with shooting either, really suprised that hasnt been coached out of him. Hes probably lost a lot of confidence though like a few others. 

5 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Just need some consistency in the squad Barnes & Hamza both quality players who need regular first team football, we’ve given away some soft goals from defensive positions and we really need to tighten up !

CP DESPERATELY needs to do something ASAP before we drop any lower away from the European places ?

Makes you think really how things are going on in the board room with the fan unrest even some players have probably vented their concerns, we’ve gone from a happy bunch of fans to a very unhappy and volatile bunch of foxes faithful just wondering when the dreaded vote of confidence will arise from the board have they just written this season off ond will make wholesale changes in the summer and may have a replacement in mind who knows?

Lol did u see that 1 woman holding up a CP out "paper" on saturday :D. The steward took it off her xD

9 minutes ago, bfox said:

When people say drop Wilf it's so cringey. He does what his job should be very well, no one else in the team like him. 

Hamza comes in for Mendy and we setup to attack would be the obvious way to go.

169FD58F-B947-4E16-8021-0A21FBBE5215.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

When people say drop Wilf it's so cringey. He does what his job should be very well, no one else in the team like him. 

Hamza comes in for Mendy and we setup to attack would be the obvious way to go.

169FD58F-B947-4E16-8021-0A21FBBE5215.png

Dont really care about the stats for him, apart from having a good record for intercepting or whatever hes been largely shit, simple as that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bfox said:

Dont really care about the stats for him, apart from having a good record for intercepting or whatever hes been largely shit, simple as that. 

I withdraw my point. Bfox completely changed my mind with that new enlightened information.

I doth my cap to your reasoned and compelling response.

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

I withdraw my point. Bfox completely changed my mind with that new enlightened information.

I doth my cap to your reasoned and compelling response.

you always were a Legend

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I wonder if Maddison could play in a midfield 2

I wouldn't mind seeing it in games at home when we expect to dominate. Drop him in deeper so he can actually get involved more, with Barnes, Albrighton and Gray or Iheanacho or whoever all linking uo behind Vardy. 

We absolutely must stop the obsession of playing hundreds of defensive midfielders against crap teams that are just parking the bus. 

Edit: to be clear, definitely not away against Wolves. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I wouldn't mind seeing it in games at home when we expect to dominate. Drop him in deeper so he can actually get involved more, with Barnes, Albrighton and Gray or Iheanacho or whoever all linking uo behind Vardy. 

We absolutely must stop the obsession of playing hundreds of defensive midfielders against crap teams that are just parking the bus. 

Agree.

Although it seems to be consensus on here that Puel employed three DMs on Saturday that's not how I saw it. Mendy was clearly instructed to sit, Wilf to break up play and Hamza to win/bring the ball and drive forward. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Agree.

Although it seems to be consensus on here that Puel employed three DMs on Saturday that's not how I saw it. Mendy was clearly instructed to sit, Wilf to break up play and Hamza to win/bring the ball and drive forward. 

We 100% definitely played three defensive midfielders on Saturday. 

When people say that, they don't mean that all three sat playing a holding role right in front of the defence. 

They mean that Hamza, Wilf and Mendy are all defensive midfielders, which they are. You could, at an absolute stretch, maybe claim Hamza is a box to box midfielder but (as much as I love the guy) you'd be being kind. 

If Maddison stopped being so limp and put a decent defensive shift in, though, how good would it be to see:

Maddison, Hamza

Albrighton, Barnes, Gray

Vardy 

I'm not even English and I like the idea of that. Especially with current internationals Maguire and Chilwell behind them. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When people say that, they don't mean that all three sat playing a holding role right in front of the defence. They mean that Hamza, Wilf and Mendy are all defensive midfielders, which they are.

I don't disagree - but largely from a semantic point of view.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You could, at an absolute stretch, maybe claim Hamza is a box to box midfielder but (as much as I love the guy) you'd be being kind. 

I honestly think that is the intention. I think Puel visualises him as Moussa Dembélé.Mk.II

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If Maddison stopped being so limp 

lollol

Choudhary could yet develop in to a great all round midfielder, I think he's more composed on the ball and has better touch than Mendy, personally. He's becoming one of my favourite players at the moment. 

But I don't see him particularly roaming the final third spraying defence splitting passes at the moment. He's definitely, first and foremost, a ball winner. 

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When people say that, they don't mean that all three sat playing a holding role right in front of the defence. 

They mean that Hamza, Wilf and Mendy are all defensive midfielders, which they are. You could, at an absolute stretch, maybe claim Hamza is a box to box midfielder but (as much as I love the guy) you'd be being kind. 

If Maddison stopped being so limp and put a decent defensive shift in, though, how good would it be to see:

Maddison, Hamza

Albrighton, Barnes, Gray

Vardy 

I'm not even English and I like the idea of that. Especially with current internationals Maguire and Chilwell behind them. 

Albrighton was pocketed by targett on Saturday. I’d drop him and just give Gray a run. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Choudhary could yet develop in to a great all round midfielder, I think he's more composed on the ball and has better touch than Mendy, personally. He's becoming one of my favourite players at the moment. 

But I don't see him particularly roaming the final third spraying defence splitting passes at the moment. He's definitely, first and foremost, a ball winner. 

He was alright but needs to improve as midfield is one of our weakest areas.

schmeichel

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Schmeicel

Morgan    Maguire

Hamza         Ndidi.          

Vardy 

swap  ricardo with simpson and put gray there.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

That's what I was thinking. Against Southampton (obviously they were bus parked with 10 men which won't always happen) him dictating play from deeper allowed Barnes to play in the 10 and I think that would really help things, if we had all that creativity on the pitch. Have Ndidi strictly as a defensive screen. Or maybe a 4-1-4-1, like Manchester City.

Not away at Wolves though, yes