Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Wolves (A)..next up.

9 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Mendy should be dropped after that horror show and we have to move away from 3 DCM's anyway as it completely stifles us. 

Morgan has done well on occasions but his contract shouldn't be renewed and we need to start integrating Soyuncu for next season.

Throwing Barnes in is a risk but he is simply a better option than Gray and Ghezzal at the moment and I just hope he hits the ground running.

Albrighton deserves to be dropped for his pointless crossing to our non existent aerial threat but Ricardo at RB needs a hard working player ahead of him.

Kasper is also lucky to keep his place and I would like to see Ward get a handful of games before the end of the season. 

If Maddison has another poor game, Ghezzal should be tried in that no.10 role, more so as a kick up the backside for Maddison. 

-----------------------Kasper----------------------

Ricardo-----Soyuncu--Maguire------Chilwell

---------------Choudary--N'didi-----------------

Albrighton---------Maddison-----------Barnes

-----------------------Vardy------------------------

Tough game and I think Wolves will dominate it with possession and us struggling to break them down when we do have the ball. 

Puel has a habit of pulling out some shock wins though, so you never know! 

So Mendy, who is perhaps a candidate for being one of our best and most consistent players of the season has one off day so we drop him? And Albrighton 's main contribution to our efforts has merely been pointless crossing. It's absolutely amazing how these two dunderheads have continued to be picked really? 

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I was going for a sarcastic nod to Puel’s inclusion of Wolves in the list of teams we can’t compete with in the transfer market.

Almost like "we can't compete for the same players because they've got a dodgy agent set up" isn't the same as "we can't compete on the pitch".

2 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I was going for a sarcastic nod to Puel’s inclusion of Wolves in the list of teams we can’t compete with in the transfer market.

Was he basically saying we're skint because we spent all our money on the training facilities. I assumed that.

On 13/01/2019 at 15:41, Grebfromgrebland said:

We really need to try and break their lines none of this trying to get it wide and cross it in.

Choudhury tried it once in the first half against Southampton and it gave us an edge. 

We've got Barnes Gray and Ricardo who can do this but we have to be braver and more positive.

I think you’re right with this approach. I have felt for a while that we are simply not good enough to implement Puel’s method especially with a total reliance on Vardy up top. 

If he managed Man C, Arsenal etc.  then he would get away with it. He   puts round pegs in square holes also and we are too slow in general play; plus we are a side who suffers from lack of confidence very quickly. 

On the bright side there are green shoots with Ricardo, Chilwell, Choudary etc.. 

It’s painfully obvious that Vardy has to have more help and/or involvement. We had 80 odd percent possession against the saints with over 400 passes and our main striker had 14 touches with 2 shots (0 on target) all game. Either put someone else up with him, play to his strengths or drop him. (Can’t drop him though) 

Would love to see Ricardo and Gray start as inside forwards rather than wingers sitting slightly narrower (Seeing as Gray does not know what a winger is, it may help him mentally)

This may also lighten the load on Vardy, as picking those two up may free Vardy a little, but then again is Simpson is moving Ricky will have to drop into RB/RWB instead.

Don`t see the point in crosses in open play, we have no-one who is capable of receving them productively.

5 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Ahh, understood.

To be fair, though - they spent a bucket load. We can but shouldn't compete with them in the transfer market, as the 'winners' are just as often 'losers' in the end.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

"A little pointless", I don't think so. They still only play with11 players like the rest of us.

If they wanted, they could build a training camp on the moon. Saying they only play with 11 players like the rest of us is like saying trust fund children still have to go to school so ours can still compete with them. It's true, but one of those is not like the other...