Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Wolves (A)..next up.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

"A little pointless", I don't think so. They still only play with11 players like the rest of us.

Yeah and they're all a lot better than the ones we have. By that logic every game would end in a draw unless someone was sent off. Why should we have expected to beat Newport? We only played with 11 players, just like they did. One of the most illogical arguments I've ever read

52 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If they wanted, they could build a training camp on the moon. Saying they only play with 11 players like the rest of us is like saying trust fund children still have to go to school so ours can still compete with them. It's true, but one of those is not like the other...

This is getting somewhat removed from the article. At the end of the day football is a game of 11 v 11 wherever you have your trainig camp or however rich your owners are. We all know these so called top six teams can have an off day as we have already experienced this season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yeah and they're all a lot better than the ones we have. By that logic every game would end in a draw unless someone was sent off. Why should we have expected to beat Newport? We only played with 11 players, just like they did. One of the most illogical arguments I've ever read

And by the same argument no-one expected us to beat Chelsea or Man City and we all played with 11 a side!!

5 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Where are people drinking before the game? 

Bluebrick.   Postcode   WV10 0BA.     its a few mins walk from train station next to premier inn.    Been there a few times now for leicester aways, and absolutly no probs with wearing colours.    Few wolves fans in there also.    Wolverhampton has pretty much zero away freindly pubs in town centre that ive seen.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Sorted. It would be just like Puel to get a result anyway just seems to do enough when he’s on the precipice  to save his saggy hide! 

If just doing enough gets us 7th then I'm all for it!

But if at the end if the season the fans are still divided then I think he'll go. 

A football club is one thing that we should all be on the same side.

I hate these sorts of games against fellow mid-table teams. Especially at home where our recent record is poor. When we are the team expected to have the ball more and attack we always seem to fall flat. Can easily see you getting a result. 

With Boly sent off, Dendoncker dropped back to CB and did well against Man City so he'll likely be the one to replace Boly. If he sticks to the same formation as recent games then we'll likely play this team:

----------------------- Patricio ---------------------

----- Bennett ----- Coady ----- Dendoncker

Doherty ----- Saiss ------ Neves ------ Jonny

---------------------- Moutinho ----------------------

------------- Jimenez ------- Jota ------------------

At home though, it's possible he may go back to his usual 4-3-3, which would probably see Saiss drop out for Costa, and Moutinho drop back alongside Neves. 

Edited by The Bear

On 13/01/2019 at 11:47, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Away game, we stand a chance of grabbing a fluke Puel-ball win, and people go back to supporting him again.

You mean the Puel supporters will continue to support him and the outers will either say nothing or still say he should be sacked. 

25 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

I'm intrigued to see if Puel will drop Mendy after his crucial mistakes against Southampton.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see us play 4-3-3 with a midfield of Wilf, Hamza and Silva.

Cant see silva playing for us again to be honest. 

11 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Sorted. It would be just like Puel to get a result anyway just seems to do enough when he’s on the precipice  to save his saggy hide! 

Disagree with this.

I think Puel has a nice hide! 

59 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

I'm intrigued to see if Puel will drop Mendy after his crucial mistakes against Southampton.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see us play 4-3-3 with a midfield of Wilf, Hamza and Silva.

Yeah, let's drop a player just because he had one bad game.

It's not unpopular, it's crazy. Silva has been wank since he came here and been frozen out. He will never play again for us unless we're decimated in the midfield.

18 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Yeah, let's drop a player just because he had one bad game.

It's not unpopular, it's crazy. Silva has been wank since he came here and been frozen out. He will never play again for us unless we're decimated in the midfield.

Both N'didi and Mendy seem to slow the ball down too much in transition so why not at least try to fix that problem?

People have bemoaned the lack of creativity when we played a midfield of Mendy, N'didi and Choudhury, all defensive midfielders. Granted, Silva hasn't shown that he should be in the starting 11, but he is a different type of CM to Wilf, Hamza and Mendy. 

Edited by duk3nuk3m

I'd like to see Barnes get the start.  Just impatient to see how he can be integrated, and doubtful he would be trusted against Liverpool, United and Spurs.  So it may be this week or a month's wait?