Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Wolves (A)..next up.

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Probably win this with how unpredictable we are at the moment.

I don't actually think losing to Southampton and then winning this would be unpredictable. I actually think it'd be very predictable and true to form. 

Lose against a team that defend and expect us to break them down, win against a team that come at us and look to score. 

You can see a Vardy counter attack smash and grab. 

• Like 3

Mendy should be dropped after that horror show and we have to move away from 3 DCM's anyway as it completely stifles us. 

Morgan has done well on occasions but his contract shouldn't be renewed and we need to start integrating Soyuncu for next season.

Throwing Barnes in is a risk but he is simply a better option than Gray and Ghezzal at the moment and I just hope he hits the ground running.

Albrighton deserves to be dropped for his pointless crossing to our non existent aerial threat but Ricardo at RB needs a hard working player ahead of him.

Kasper is also lucky to keep his place and I would like to see Ward get a handful of games before the end of the season. 

If Maddison has another poor game, Ghezzal should be tried in that no.10 role, more so as a kick up the backside for Maddison. 

-----------------------Kasper----------------------

Ricardo-----Soyuncu--Maguire------Chilwell

---------------Choudary--N'didi-----------------

Albrighton---------Maddison-----------Barnes

-----------------------Vardy------------------------

Tough game and I think Wolves will dominate it with possession and us struggling to break them down when we do have the ball. 

Puel has a habit of pulling out some shock wins though, so you never know! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

Agree.

Although it seems to be consensus on here that Puel employed three DMs on Saturday that's not how I saw it. Mendy was clearly instructed to sit, Wilf to break up play and Hamza to win/bring the ball and drive forward. 

Agreed. People want Maddison in the middle but the truth is that he neither has the defensive work rate nor the physical presence to be there.

• Like 1

Kasper

Ricardo

Morgan - although I'd like to throw Soyuncu and Maguire together until the end of the season and see how they get on. Won't happen yet though.

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Hamza

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Barnes

Subs: Ward, Simpson, Soyuncu, Albrighton, Ghezzal, Mendy, Iheanacho

Its pretty much 4231 if we're being honest but Maddison can play deeper but expected to make runs into the box. He has to work hard though and try and stop Neves/Moutinho controlling the game. I think Puel will stick with Mendy for another game though. Barnes as to be given a start, no point bringing him back otherwise. I think Gray is disappointing but his pace is an option.

I'd take a point now to be truthful.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Mendy should be dropped after that horror show and we have to move away from 3 DCM's anyway as it completely stifles us. 

Morgan has done well on occasions but his contract shouldn't be renewed and we need to start integrating Soyuncu for next season.

Throwing Barnes in is a risk but he is simply a better option than Gray and Ghezzal at the moment and I just hope he hits the ground running.

Albrighton deserves to be dropped for his pointless crossing to our non existent aerial threat but Ricardo at RB needs a hard working player ahead of him.

Kasper is also lucky to keep his place and I would like to see Ward get a handful of games before the end of the season. 

If Maddison has another poor game, Ghezzal should be tried in that no.10 role, more so as a kick up the backside for Maddison. 

Tough game and I think Wolves will dominate it with possession and us struggling to break them down when we do have the ball. 

:appl:This.  Great selection.

33 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I don't understand this. Would it be a 'punishment', or is it designed to protect him? You'd like to think if he's got anything about him it would make him more determined to to well in the next game. You'd also like to think he might learn something from it and come back a slightly better player. 

He's played another 20 games this year without (as I remember) any howlers of the sort he came up with on Saturday, while at the same time being nothing if not a solid presence in the middle. There's no way of knowing whether this will be his entire season's collection of balls-ups squeezed into one grim 45 minutes. I think it would be completely reasonable to say 'as you were' until such time as we can see it was a one-off or we were just incredibly lucky with him in 2018.

Just now, turtmcfly said:

I don't understand this. Would it be a 'punishment', or is it designed to protect him? You'd like to think if he's got anything about him it would make him more determined to to well in the next game. You'd also like to think he might learn something from it and come back a slightly better player. 

He's played another 20 games this year without (as I remember) any howlers of the sort he came up with on Saturday, while at the same time being nothing if not a solid presence in the middle. There's no way of knowing whether this will be his entire season's collection of balls-ups squeezed into one grim 45 minutes. I think it would be completely reasonable to say 'as you were' until such time as we can see it was a one-off or we were just incredibly lucky with him in 2018.

Neither tbh. I don't think we should play with 3 DCM's anyway and I still have some faith in N'didi and of course Choudary deserves to start. Mendy hasn't helped himself with those two errors that probably cost us the game but I would have dropped him anyway. He has had an OK season and been mostly solid but unfortunately doesn't offer us enough and one of the three DCM's should be sacrificed IMO. Puel may be thinking different anyway and want to keep that trio together. 

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

3-3

both teams full of goals.

Vardy and...............................evans with a brace.

Still second from last on motd though:P

I'd be amazed if Evans plays before Brighton at the absolute earliest given the reports before Saturday were that he'd broken a toe

One of the few times this season we went 3 at the back during the game to try and match them up. Could it be worth looking at a similar system and get Maddison and Barnes behind Vardy?

Schmeichel

Soyuncu

Morgan

Maguire

Ricardo

Choudhury

Ndidi

Chilwell

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Subs: Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Ward, Mendy, Simpson, Ghezzal