Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Wolves (A)..next up.

Genuinely feel more confident we can beat these than I did about Southampton. 

Thought yesterday had nil nil written all over it tbh, thought we'd struggle to create a lot.

But Wolves will come at us and let us be our old selves. If we cut out the individual mistakes we can absolutely nob these. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Aye. He has been very good all season though.  First half yesterday was like the team had been drugged

He’s done the same thing in the last couple of matches tried to be too clever and gave the ball straight to the opposition in our own half when we’ve got at least 7 men in front of the ball, putting us in the shit. Can’t argue his distribution is usually good but he can’t be going on like that every few games...

Edited by Clarkey123

These are basically the same as us in that they're effective on the break but don't really know how to crack the more defensive teams when they have to take the initiative - their solution is basically give the ball to Coady or one of the centre midfielders and let him thump a diagonal ball to the wing-back, rinse and repeat. It's going to be a shit game.

59 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Maguire

Chillwell

Silva

Ndidi

Barnes

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

the team I’d love to see.

In which case, you may as well sling Cambiasso into his old role because he's gone as well. 

2 long range wonder goals from Neves sees us fall flat on our arse before the first half is out.

We come out second half fighting, bring on some players that should have started, swing 50th crosses into the Wolves backline and come away wondering what the hell happened.

Schmeichel

Pereira, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell

Mendy, Choudhury, Ndidi

Maddison

Vardy, Barnes 

Would stick with the 3 man midfield as it’s away from home. I know Mendy should probably be dropped for his costly mistakes but the alternative is playing Ghezzal/Gray or Albrighton on the right in the 4-2-3-1. Wolves will come at us and the 3 in the middle will hopefully win the ball back and allow us to counter. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I’d be very happy having fluke Puel-ball wins for the rest of the season.    

Sure it's all fine results wise but ultimately you have to see some improvement in performance rather than relying on flukes Every week cos when your luck runs out you are fooled.

18 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sure it's all fine results wise but ultimately you have to see some improvement in performance rather than relying on flukes Every week cos when your luck runs out you are fooled.

At the moment we are in a state of transition and whether or not Clod is long term for us I think we must allow him to finish, or get a lot closer to finishing, his project of building a young team for the future.  If he went now, for so many reasons, we would go backwards.  So, for that reason alone if we could pick up as many ‘flukey’ points as possible, that would buy him the time he needed, and then we can judge him.     I know I’m in the minority but that’s what I think.   Of course I might be completely wrong !!   :)

• Like 2