Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Wolves (A)..next up.

On 15/01/2019 at 18:23, Broxi-Bear said:

Bluebrick.   Postcode   WV10 0BA.     its a few mins walk from train station next to premier inn.    Been there a few times now for leicester aways, and absolutly no probs with wearing colours.    Few wolves fans in there also.    Wolverhampton has pretty much zero away freindly pubs in town centre that ive seen.  

Yeah I’d heard that it’s not an away friendly place. Bluebrick it is ☺️

3 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Yeah I’d heard that it’s not an away friendly place. Bluebrick it is ☺️

It's a usual premier Inn type pub.  Foods ok.  We were there for the cariboo cup game not so long ago. It's the designated away pub from what I've seen.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

I'd like to see Barnes get the start.  Just impatient to see how he can be integrated, and doubtful he would be trusted against Liverpool, United and Spurs.  So it may be this week or a month's wait?

I reckon Puel would trust him... Look at where he threw in Hamza, with games against Chelsea and Man City, and the same with chilwell last season when Fuchs was the obvious safe choice 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2019 at 21:00, mad biker said:

That is total complete and utter nonsense !!  EVERY long shot conceded down to Mendy :-) :-) what planet are you on ?????

Mendy has been at fault for a lot of the goals conceded, all im saying. 

Pen vs Southampton, Mendy, Reckless challenge with absolutely no need for it.

10 hours ago, sly1 said:

Puel had a dream, to destroy a football team, he came from France and now we want him to go. 

We never attack, we only pass back.

Champions of England we used to be that  :thumbdown::scarf:

Brilliant stuff. You've really made a solid point there using an existing song for comedic effect. Biting satire that isn't at all boring and predictable at this point. 

• Haha 1

On 15/01/2019 at 18:23, Broxi-Bear said:

Where are people drinking before the game? 

Drinking in Birmingham and catching the 11:39 from New St.  Trains run every 10 minutes or so and take about 20 mins.  Sadly, virtually all pubs in Wolverhampton City Centre and near the ground admit home fans only, except the Blue Brick near Wolverhampton Station which is a small Premier Inn bar.    

13 hours ago, sly1 said:

Puel had a dream, to destroy a football team, he came from France and now we want him to go. 

We never attack, we only pass back.

Champions of England we used to be that  :thumbdown::scarf:

I think our fans are really harsh on Puel, but I have to admit this made me laugh ha ha ha!

Something a bit different that I'd like to see:

Ward

Simpson Soyuncu Maguire

Ricardo Ndidi Hamza Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy Barnes

3-4-1-2

Bench: Schmeichel, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, Iheanacho

Kasper has been poor lately and needs a wake up call.

Bit more pace needed at the back, so Soyuncu comes in. Switch to a back 3 so we can push Ricardo/Chilwell on with more conviction, but bring in Simpson so we can easily revert to 4ATB if required.

Drop Mendy, he was woeful and needs a break. Ndidi/Hamza will be enough, particularly with the wingbacks either side and Maddison as the creative pivot.

Barnes often played for WBA at LF, so give him a run alongside Vardy. Having two players both stretching the defence and making runs will give each other (and Maddison) more space. Vardy has been played out of games so far this season and we've looked toothless as a result - so let Barnes give them something else to think about.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Xen said:

Something a bit different that I'd like to see:

Ward

Simpson Soyuncu Maguire

Ricardo Ndidi Hamza Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy Barnes

3-4-1-2

Bench: Schmeichel, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, Iheanacho

Kasper has been poor lately and needs a wake up call.

Bit more pace needed at the back, so Soyuncu comes in. Switch to a back 3 so we can push Ricardo/Chilwell on with more conviction, but bring in Simpson so we can easily revert to 4ATB if required.

Drop Mendy, he was woeful and needs a break. Ndidi/Hamza will be enough, particularly with the wingbacks either side and Maddison as the creative pivot.

Barnes often played for WBA at LF, so give him a run alongside Vardy. Having two players both stretching the defence and making runs will give each other (and Maddison) more space. Vardy has been played out of games so far this season and we've looked toothless as a result - so let Barnes give them something else to think about.

Harsh dropping Morgan for me, but Simpson definitely has some of the attributes needed as a 3rd CB and offers greater positioning. 

23 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Harsh dropping Morgan for me, but Simpson definitely has some of the attributes needed as a 3rd CB and offers greater positioning. 

I agree its harsh, and I did toy with keeping him in in lieu of Soyuncu.

However, I feel that with Morgan and Simpson both playing, we end up being far too defensive and there's very little pace in the back line. Soyuncu on the other hand looks promising and offers a bit more going forward, and we need to start bringing him into the XI more often so he can develop a partnership with Maguire. Simpson gets the nod over Morgan as he can move to RB if we need to mix things up.

Long-term, Morgan isn't the solution so even if its not necessarily the best course of action we need to rest him and give the youngster a chance. If he's still  here Morgan will probably find himself 5th choice next season behind Maguire, Soyuncu, Benkovic and Evans, plus any youth potentially coming through, so we need to start preparing for that scenario in matches like these.