Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Wolves (A)..next up.

Just now, Xen said:

I agree its harsh, and I did toy with keeping him in in lieu of Soyuncu.

However, I feel that with Morgan and Simpson both playing, we end up being far too defensive and there's very little pace in the back line. Soyuncu on the other hand looks promising and offers a bit more going forward, and we need to start bringing him into the XI more often so he can develop a partnership with Maguire. Simpson gets the nod over Morgan as he can move to RB if we need to mix things up.

Long-term, Morgan isn't the solution so even if its not necessarily the best course of action we need to rest him and give the youngster a chance. If he's still  here Morgan will probably find himself 5th choice next season behind Maguire, Soyuncu, Benkovic and Evans, plus any youth potentially coming through, so we need to start preparing for that scenario in matches like these.

I agree in terms of the flexibility Simpson allows us in terms of a formation change mid match 

33 minutes ago, Xen said:

I agree its harsh, and I did toy with keeping him in in lieu of Soyuncu.

However, I feel that with Morgan and Simpson both playing, we end up being far too defensive and there's very little pace in the back line. Soyuncu on the other hand looks promising and offers a bit more going forward, and we need to start bringing him into the XI more often so he can develop a partnership with Maguire. Simpson gets the nod over Morgan as he can move to RB if we need to mix things up.

Long-term, Morgan isn't the solution so even if its not necessarily the best course of action we need to rest him and give the youngster a chance. If he's still  here Morgan will probably find himself 5th choice next season behind Maguire, Soyuncu, Benkovic and Evans, plus any youth potentially coming through, so we need to start preparing for that scenario in matches like these.

Does Soyunce offer more going forward? Cant recall seeing any evidence of that particularly

58 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Does Soyunce offer more going forward? Cant recall seeing any evidence of that particularly

He seems far more comfortable with the ball at his feet, and from what I remember he passes the ball forwards more often than Morgan - who seems to pass it back to Schmeichel pretty much every chance he gets.

For me its pretty much a coin-toss as to who plays alongside Maguire (at least whilst Evans is injured), but as we're looking to build for the future Soyuncu just edges it, at least in matches like this.

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

He seems far more comfortable with the ball at his feet, and from what I remember he passes the ball forwards more often than Morgan - who seems to pass it back to Schmeichel pretty much every chance he gets.

For me its pretty much a coin-toss as to who plays alongside Maguire (at least whilst Evans is injured), but as we're looking to build for the future Soyuncu just edges it, at least in matches like this.

I'm not sure about that.  I remember Cardiff at home he passed back or sideways pretty every time he got the ball.

I agree it might be about giving players like him chances.  But in order to win the game I think Morgan/Evans would be our best bet  (apparently Evans is back in the squad for Saturday, though I doubt he is match fit)

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I'm not sure about that.  I remember Cardiff at home he passed back or sideways pretty every time he got the ball.

I agree it might be about giving players like him chances.  But in order to win the game I think Morgan/Evans would be our best bet  (apparently Evans is back in the squad for Saturday, though I doubt he is match fit)

Fair enough. I may be misremembering to be fair (I think a lot of us have tried to wipe that Cardiff game from memory...).

I know that when we signed him there was optimism about his midfield runs - similar to Maguire - so he's certainly capable of it when he's on form.

Ultimately, we're pretty secure at the back and all of our options are pretty much equal, which is a decent position to be in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Fair enough. I may be misremembering to be fair (I think a lot of us have tried to wipe that Cardiff game from memory...).

I know that when we signed him there was optimism about his midfield runs - similar to Maguire - so he's certainly capable of it when he's on form.

Ultimately, we're pretty secure at the back and all of our options are pretty much equal, which is a decent position to be in.

Haha, definitely possible

He is young and new to the team, so probably wisely playing a more safe game than he would if he gets more confident and secure in his position.  Maybe he'll be more Maguire-esque in time and I guess only game time would help with that

That being said I really want to beat Wolves on Sat and I think i'd feel more secure with Wes than Soycunu in the defense

• Like 1

Seems to me to be some damage control for the last press release by the Mercury.  Tanner making amends perhaps

What's not Puel's concern?

Puel clarifies what is not his concern.

“I say all the time it’s not my concern about newspapers, speculation, bookmakers.

“But with the fans we are together, I know they give their support in difficult situations since the beginning of the season.

“When we see them away, it’s fantastic.

“Sometimes they are not happy, they give their feeling and it’s normal.”

• Like 4

The biggest insight from Puel is regarding finances, the money is there and prior to today he has dismissed any notion of signings and has insinuated we cannot currently compete financially. Now he's saying the resources are there and essentially if they can improve the squad, they will. The subtle shift in disclosure suggests he is a man under pressure and may well try and buy his way out of trouble this month, he certainly needs to appease the fans and being more open and honest helps.

• Like 1

I'd drop Mendy in the long run too- not just based on one (comically) bad game, but because I feel he and Ndidi are too similar and Ndidi offers more.

I'm guessing we will play 3 in the middle at the weekend though so I'd be surprised if he didn't play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The biggest insight from Puel is regarding finances, the money is there and prior to today he has dismissed any notion of signings and has insinuated we cannot currently compete financially. Now he's saying the resources are there and essentially if they can improve the squad, they will. The subtle shift in disclosure suggests he is a man under pressure and may well try and buy his way out of trouble this month, he certainly needs to appease the fans and being more open and honest helps.

agreed, just that interview has edged him back to puel in for me, oh so fickle haha

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Based on your call on dropping Mendy for one iffy game I will also be intrigued to see if he drops Kasper too. IMO Kasper was equally as culpable for both goals.

Puel didn't drop Wes after losing his man for the Newport goal, so will indeed be interesting.

34 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Puel didn't drop Wes after losing his man for the Newport goal, so will indeed be interesting.

Ha ha ha, indeed, nor would I actually drop Kasper though I would be questioning his distribution ability/choices and get some serious work done on improving!

From Wolves forum:

I just had a read of their forum, we're hilariously called Wolvesalona on Foxestalk - see what they did there?

Anyway, they seem to think they will win because they can counter attack, which I'd normally agree with, but it's thinking that we will be going for them and allow them to pick us off.

I don't know how the general perception of us is that we are this non-stop attacking side, it's quite weird given how inaccurate it is. And, it's not just Leicester, it seems the average fan thinks it too even though we've played over half a season now. 

We are basically like them which is why I think it will be dull.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Or he’s managed to shift out some players to free up funds . Iborra ,Diabate gone and rumours of Benny to Forest  and Silva away,  hell there’s even rumours of Sinji going 

Edited by baldeagle